Its sunday they dont release updates on the weekends.. "well at least i have yet to see it happen"

Its sunday they dont release updates on the weekends.. "well at least i have yet to see it happen"

Damnit Jim, we're Europeans, not Americans! It's monday over here ;)

Damnit Jim, we're Europeans, not Americans! It's monday over here ;)

Yeah, I've seen most changelog entries made between 11:00 and 13:00 (GMT), this week's going to be exciting :)

lat dev EXE rev 06546 broke Virtual Ammo Box System (VAS).

From the dev branch changelog:

Added: AI is now better able to adjust shots at longer distances

What does that actually entail ? Do they use zeroing better now ?

radio protocoll sound are missing in this branch. better use of weapons for AI doesnt affect ticket: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=9583

performance improved signifant for me in infantry showcase. objects like rocks flickering now for me

Edited by SimonSays

@BIS, do you plan to add stratis and altis together? like sahrani and rahmadi

Not in the near future. They are separate 'worlds' for release.

Is the SDV going to be included in the beta?

Yep.

Honestly, I'd be happy with a nice informative post E3 Sitrep #15. Perfect thing to wake up to.

It was not logistically possible to SITREP from LA unfortunately, but I'm going to do #15 tomorrow. It will include a little E3 re-cap and more Beta plan details :)

Regarding small dev branch updates during E3: I instructed the team to only deploy EXEs. The main reason was that it was becoming too tricky to handle the Alpha and Beta data separately (for example re-skinning the UI from Alpha to Beta).

Added: PhysX particles have been enabled (technology test only so far!)

Any additional info? Particles rendered by gpu now or it's something different?

Any additional info? Particles rendered by gpu now or it's something different?

Hmm... particles that can collide with geometry? That would be nice for teargas-through-the-window scenarios :)

Added: PhysX particles have been enabled...

Rain bouncing on roofs :D JK

Sounds exciting anyway...

Stuck at work, so I cannot check this. Anyone able to comment about what the PhysX changes are ? ^^ it does sound very exciting!

Particles colliding with geometry as DM says would be awesome.

yeah, what happened to weather ? that was taken out

I find there's a sound filter or the doppler effect thing. I think the technology is great, but currently the MX LMG from 50m away sounded like a 50cal MG

radio protocoll sound are missing in this branch. better use of weapons for AI doesnt affect ticket: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=9583

performance improved signifant for me in infantry showcase. objects like rocks flickering now for me

Same here rocks and grass flickering (most noticeable in 3rd person view) and no radio protocoll sound, very bad update, did you make some test before publishing ?

Edited by EricFr

Dear Devs,

please, fix the bug with running forward after using the right mouse button, which requires you to change weapons to fix the running, the bug is old as hell, also happens after you close the map and press mouse RB to aim down.

Thank You, sincerely Yours, Gamer! :pray:

I seem to be getting a much better frame rate in Agia Marina... is it just me?

I seem to be getting a much better frame rate in Agia Marina... is it just me?

Nope, they reintroduced the hash maps for LOD loading. I got a significant performance improvement when they first implemented that and then a subsequent performance decrease when they took it out for testing purposes.

I get heavy LOD blinking too with GTX670, settings mostly very high. At least grass, rocks, wrecks blink when inside ~30-40m radius.

while model loading game dont stutter anymore, but it gettin quite slower, after whole process its better than previously

i noticed too as was mentioned above, grass, rocks and some other objects blink

Not only the grass and rocks are flickering but also buildings for me(a lot more than before).

I get lot of LOD switching as well.

I was trying to see some PhysX effects, but couldn't really see anything new. Is there something on config files that I have to turn on to enable?