@tyl3r99 which Graphicard you have ?

@QuoKoon

i have a GTX690

strange really because i would have thought the 690 would do the job more than enough???

Edited by tyl3r99
addition to post

lol same here, i have a 2000$ worth studio headphone system and the dude is saying his 30$ speakers are rambling oh my god that's a LOL, i don't even understand why people start defending it, like i was talking about their religion and stuff, and they get super ultra butthurt offended mega pwnd, like i said their god was stupid or didnt even exist muahah, and i don't wanna post on the feedback tracker, it's not a fatal issue, i'm sure some devs read this forum

2000 $ "studio" headphones? im a music producer and i can assure you that those 2000 $ are totally wasted, you would NEVER EVER hear the sounds in a realistic way through headphones, nobody uses headphones to master lol... my god what the hell does marketing these days...

good lord. Audiophile systems (and i am sorry to say but the essence st-x) doesnt really fit in that bucket. Besides a true audiophile system is NOT really meant for games, but for music. If you believe heavily compressed sounds in a game will sound the same as a vinyl, or evern a 320bit mp3, 256bit aac or anything in between, you are pretty ignorant.

+1

however, the sounds as i said before, are PERFECTLY leveled, there is a good overall equalizing and the sample rate is pretty high, i hear no compression at all, and that's good, as i said before the only thing that "lacks" is a "live" mid/side reverb, and a delay effect for echoes in valleys, but i feel already happy as how sound is treated right now, again it might be personal taste,but with my MONITORS (there is a huge difference from monitors to simple over eqed speakers) i can hear the sound how the devs intended to. and remember that the sound that i hear in my room could be totally different from the sound you hear in yours, every audio engineer should know that his song (or sample, movie or wathever) can be heard on good, bad and crappy systems, the trick is to try them all and try to find the perfect "middle". just give some time to the audio engineers at bistudio, they are doing an awesome job right now ;)

edit: to clarify, i did not intend that your headphones should not be used in gaming / simple listening, just don't call them "studio" headphones, because nobody should not be using headphones for eq/mix/master purposes

edit 2: ok i did not read THIS:

lol ppl here are like "what i say is the truth" ffs, half of the forum here are the same cod bf kids, look at what you arguing about, shame and facepalm, the headphones im using are like magnifying lenses, and i feel sorry for you've never heard a good headphone system, and btw try some dynaudio bm15a, THAT'S a real monitor :D, but ofc a man who works with sound will tell you that a brand or size is not the key here, actually i cant stop you from loving those shitty sounds in the game :D

this is the cherry on the cake...LOL i will stop the discussion right here, i don't want to start a flame in here, if you are really interested in sound enginering, please feel free to pm me

Edited by GottyPlays

WIP. First step was to make dynamic filtering more powerful by adding new parameters. These are in engine now, but are hard coded. To improve them, we need programmers to allow these values to be set in cfg. If and when that is done, it should provide a whole bunch of new and interesting options (but good luck finding a programmer at the moment). :)

Radio protocols and combat ones sounds much better right now but there is need for more voice actors. Also Jarhead pushed off video of his JSRS 2.0 for A3 and it sounds really nice, seems like this sound engine have more opportunities.

Can You confirm if doppler effect will happen in the final build? It would be a strange downgrade to ArmA II if not.

What about various animations? Are there plans for more of them like falls and jump-offs from building roofs or into tunnels, off sandbags etc?

Typical animations for resistance would look better than uber-professional soldier ones - many animations that wouldn't make it into final build - but would be inside the engine would help modders with various mods like WWII or Vietnam era.

I would be glad If You could respond :)

Cheers

Edited by fragmachine

Speaking of sound - what about the missing sound occlusion by objects? ArmA2 had it and it was great but in ArmA3 it's just missing.

Speaking of sound - what about the missing sound occlusion by objects? ArmA2 had it and it was great but in ArmA3 it's just missing.

well all sounds are pretty wip - most of them are missing and probably in beta they will add them

For me that effect is still there. However I will say that I was playing AiA with Falluhah map. In that, tanks going behind buildings had their sound occluded properly. So the engine can do it, if you're definitely not hearing it then it may be a configuration issue?

Yep, 3 years ago.

I knew thermal was in, I didn't know they had the 2 different modes simulated.

I knew thermal was in, I didn't know they had the 2 different modes simulated.

Way more than just two types simulated.

Way more than just two types simulated.

I think there are 4

- BW (White hot)

- BW (Black hot)

- Green

- Orange

For me that effect is still there. However I will say that I was playing AiA with Falluhah map. In that, tanks going behind buildings had their sound occluded properly. So the engine can do it, if you're definitely not hearing it then it may be a configuration issue?

Would make sense - maybe ArmA3 sounds are not configured for it yet?

Because when I tried f.e. putting MH9 behind the forest and moving from tree to tree there was no effect on sound.

I think there are 4

- BW (White hot)

- BW (Black hot)

- Green

- Orange

I think those were just the thermal imaging maps themselves, there were further more display modes. Like Green White, Colour Thermel etc.

I think those were just the thermal imaging maps themselves, there were further more display modes. Like Green White, Colour Thermel etc.

As far as I know, that isn't the thermal maps themselves. The thermal maps are always drawn as Full Red = Full Hot, Transparent/non existant = no Hot (there's a range in between them).

Last time I saw a working example of the different thermal types in OA there was a bright hot/dark hot for each of the following:

- Black and White

- Green

- Orange

Maybe more can be configured, but I remember those being the ones available.

This issues that still true in last DEV build.

Camera passes through the body when you prone and aim at the same time.

When you prone you can reload a weapon and look through the scope at the same time.

When you prone you can reload a weapon and look through the scope at the same time.

My friend served as a sniper and he was taught to do that, of course one is not able maintain perfect eyesight while doing that, but AFAIK keeping a visual on the target is fairly easy, all this while prone of course.

Last time I saw a working example of the different thermal types in OA there was a bright hot/dark hot for each of the following:

- Black and White

- Green

- Orange

Maybe more can be configured, but I remember those being the ones available.

In addition to the three pairs of duotone TI modes there were definitely two more 'colour spectrum' thermal imaging modes in OA as well.

One was Dark Blue cold to Red/White hot like 'Predator vision' in the movies (setting thermalMode[] = {6}; in the config IIRC). The other was Lime Green cold to Orange/Red hot (setting thermalMode[] = {7}; in the config IIRC), that looks like it's a kind of attempt at "Enhanced NVG" combined I2 and IR imaging; though the green doesn't really exhibit the true qualities of the proper NVG setting in Arma.

Pretty sure both have carried over to Arma 3, and possibly some more have been added.

Hmm... interesting point Captain. Maybe with the new "3D optics" feature, this concept can be balanced a bit.

Method shown in Danil's video example is just too much - too jerky to see anything, plus it seems just... wrong somehow. Good points were made earlier regarding seeing the animations (someone wrote it up nicely on one of the previous pages).

In editor, I only have Blue>Men (Sniper) > Sniper... or is it just me? (no other class)

You should have Sniper and Spotter there.

You should have Sniper and Spotter there.

My bad, just sniper and spotter, no other class?

In addition to the three pairs of duotone TI modes there were definitely two more 'colour spectrum' thermal imaging modes in OA as well.

One was Dark Blue cold to Red/White hot like 'Predator vision' in the movies (setting thermalMode[] = {6}; in the config IIRC). The other was Lime Green cold to Orange/Red hot (setting thermalMode[] = {7}; in the config IIRC), that looks like it's a kind of attempt at "Enhanced NVG" combined I2 and IR imaging; though the green doesn't really exhibit the true qualities of the proper NVG setting in Arma.

Pretty sure both have carried over to Arma 3, and possibly some more have been added.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification.

will 3d optics improve or affect performance in any way?

My bad, just sniper and spotter, no other class?

For now, yes.

duno, could hurt a bit, since its freshely implemented.

I don´t think so since the whole screen gets zoomed. It should be the same as it is now with scoped weapons.

I don´t think so since the whole screen gets zoomed. It should be the same as it is now with scoped weapons.

Drawing the scope and gun in 3D as opposed to just a 2D image with a hole might cause a slight performance decrease. I can't see it being significant, though, and the trade off is more than worth it!