Anyone else got the impression that the new radio filter sounds bad? Feels very uncomfortable.

I personally think that echo of weapons is a bit overdone.

I think it sounds a lot better now, assuming that environmental effects on audio are coming at a later date.

Anyone else notice when you have an underslung grenade launcher the guy actually places his hand right now?

Or is that something not new?

If you mean the hand position is correct and not clipping through it, that has been the case since the first version :)

Based on this video, see how everything flickers at distance, when zoomed in with scope? Thats just unbearble, kills whole fun at sniping. Can this be fixed in upcoming patches?

That video shows everything that is wrong with ArmA3's perma-scanning/no-burnout rangefinder and ArmA3's lack of windage.

Click to WIN.

Anyone else got the impression that the new radio filter sounds bad? Feels very uncomfortable.

yeah, me

i also noticed that now if you prone with a pistol in the hand and carry nlaw it will pop up on the left upper side of the screen, if you change to your main weapon the AT will disappear, weird, just grab an AT, i used nlaw, take a pistol in your hand and prone

---------- Post added at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

Based on this video, see how everything flickers at distance, when zoomed in with scope? Thats just unbearble, kills whole fun at sniping. Can this be fixed in upcoming patches?

---------- Post added at 18:39 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

And you are having a butthurt once again... Why are you complainging about not much rillevat things, when there are much bigger, like no environment audio at all? The sounds are fine. But the samepled echo, whithin the sample of the shot, is crap, because the game audio engine doesn't render any reverbs and delays...

i see, but at least they could choose a more realistic sample lol, it's just beyond me :) i'm afraid it will be crappy at release too, i'm just trying to get it to the devs, i care about none of you on the forums here but the devs, i don't want you to read my posts or reply to them, i just want devs to know that, all i post here is for the devs, and sometimes i ofc flame somebody, cuz they flame me, but again - all i post here is for the DEVS, not anyone of you

interesting, I had the clipping issue just yesterday in photo mode... also gun disappearing and crashes :| lol It must be just photo mode causing all the odd issues.

the sniper rifle sounds (for me) a little bit too soft and bulky.

On youtube you doesn´t hear gunshot sounds or explosions, you hear the distortion of the cheap microphones.

@neurofunker

do you have a voice mod in your video?? Where I can download this heino-mod?? :p

all i post here is for the DEVS, not anyone of you

Ah, why didn't you say so in the first place... in that case, you should visit http://feedback.arma3.com.

This, on the other hand, is a forum. Lots of people read it.

I'd like to see the look through scope while reloading go away, it's better without it.

I made a ticket for it and Vespa responded it is

unintended behaviour/ sideeffect of something different, will try to fix

Only a matter of time :)

I made a ticket for it and Vespa responded it is

Only a matter of time :)

It's no longer there in todays dev build. So yeah ... matter of time. :D

It's no longer there in todays dev build. So yeah ... matter of time. :D

It is :/ at least with an ARCO scope it is.

It is :/ at least with an ARCO scope it is.

What's your build number? Addons? I can't reproduce it even with ARCO.

I guess I didn't get the update yet as now I am on the latest and can confirm the problem is gone :) thanks for the heads up mate.

I don't know why such a rant about the sniper rifles sounds being like a fart, I have the cheapest Logitech speakers with a toaster sized sub and firing the rifle make the empty beer cans rattle on the table, I can't do that by farting on the cans, not even from point blank.

I do however think that the reverb is a bit too much, also the rifles can't be heard beyond 500m.

I don't know why such a rant about the sniper rifles sounds being like a fart, I have the cheapest Logitech speakers with a toaster sized sub and firing the rifle make the empty beer cans rattle on the table, I can't do that by farting on the cans, not even from point blank.

I do however think that the reverb is a bit too much, also the rifles can't be heard beyond 500m.

The range of sounds in Arma has always been rather too short. You can hear 155mm artillery firing from 50 kilometers away, albeit the sound then being reduced to a low, distant rumble. The noise of a tank firing its main gun should be deafening even at 200 meters, and the noise should carry for at least 20 ish kilometers across moderately flat terrain (ie, like an Island unless it looks like Sahrahni). When there´s hunters out in the fields beyond the town where I live, you can hear the shotgun blasts from over a kilometer away, and over the ambient noise of a close motorway (which is about a kilometer from here itself.).

Even the noise of reloading is loud in real life. The bolt slamming home or being cocked isn´t whispering, it´s metal slapping against other pieces of metal with great force. Though I love the detail of the action being audible when firing, it is already going in the right direction. For example the assault rifles sound really great, the only sound that´s off there is the M200 LMG, which sounds a bit artificial.

I hope the late alpha and after E3 the beta will bring forward all the missing pieces in the soundscape. The game is perfect as it is, beyond some modding concerns (such as attachments and the handling of zeroing in vehicle based weapons, lasers, etc), and the obvious shortfalls of the AI being wonky as hell, and the sound being inconsistent in terms of quality across the assets at this point.

i do barely think. BIS will imperove soundengine at all. Maybe their team lacks of skilled scripters for that, or maybe some other 100 reasons...

Even the noise of reloading is loud in real life. The bolt slamming home or being cocked isn´t whispering, it´s metal slapping against other pieces of metal with great force. Though I love the detail of the action being audible when firing, it is already going in the right direction. For example the assault rifles sound really great, the only sound that´s off there is the M200 LMG, which sounds a bit artificial.

You can actually hear reloading and planting sounds very far in Arma 3

I got a audiophile Soundcard (Essence ST-X) and Studio-Headphones. Thats why i want matching sounds to my system in a war game.

Somebody noticed that both guns seem to have autoloader? (No reload animation).

The GM6 is a semi auto rifle. The M200 is missing animations (I hope it does) also, the bolt come straight back just after firing it when it doesn't work that way.