There is quite a few user mission that have been created which no longer can be played as a result of removing the skirmish modules.

These modules were created primarily for campaign purposes. In the course of development, we've decided to handle the functionality they were supposed to have to be done differently (using Sites, getting rid of dynamic spawning altogether). You've mentioned some problems these modules had, and considering there were no resources to keep them up to date, removing them was considered the best solution.

I agree though that their removal should have been documented in the sitrep / spotrep and would like to apologize for any incovenience caused to community mission makers.

Edited by Jezuro
typo

any word on the removed diving goggles yet?

Should be fixed ASAP (read: in today's dev update) :icon_twisted:

Firstly I would like to say, overall a great game even in Alpha, however I would like to note that I was disappointed when they removed the skirmish modules from the editor without documenting it in the spotrep. There is quite a few user mission that have been created which no longer can be played as a result of removing the skirmish modules.

Also i think it's quite limited how many missions actually using these modules.

Should be fixed ASAP (read: in today's dev update) :icon_twisted:

I can confirm, it's back again in the last patch.

thanks! i juist built scuba sidemissions so it was kinda annoyin :D

Does anybody else have problems in MP where sometimes you just cannot enter a vehicle? I'll get the inventory option on it, but I cannot enter it. No, it is not locked and no, it is not destroyed.

I'm really hoping BIS is just holding out on some of the more engine related fixes for Beta because it seems like only content related issues are appearing in the changelog and barely any engine related.

EDIT: don't bother replying if you're just going to say "It's an alpha" or "Alpha is focused on infantry". The ability to enter vehicles is a barebones basic in the series, it needs to be able to work.

I'm happy that the development branch gets updated so often, it's like a daily surprise to check the changelog for what's been added / fixed :)

did you create a FT for it yet? i have heard others about this :)

also experienced it myself with a chopper once but thought it might been an error in my spawning script

I'm happy that the development branch gets updated so often, it's like a daily surprise to check the changelog for what's been added / fixed :)

I keep watching my STEAM to see if it is downloading anything :)

did you create a FT for it yet? i have heard others about this :)

also experienced it myself with a chopper once but thought it might been an error in my spawning script

I cannot reliably reproduce it. I'm posting it here to see if anybody else was noticing it.

Yes on occasions but less on recent patches. What game type are you playing? i e domination.. or is it all missions?

Yes on occasions but less on recent patches. What game type are you playing? i e domination.. or is it all missions?

On my own mission, but I've seen it in an empty mission with a few vehicles placed.

I also managed to get into a vehicle once, press V by accident, which made my guy dismount and proceed to vault over thin air. After the slow vaulting animation completed, I could not re-enter the vehicle.

I have noticed that i dont get the enter vehicle option when i have a RPG in my hands. Our clan did have issues with Spawn Vehicles not allowing, after deployment, entrance to the vehicle, but as above i think it has been sorted via Exes or Update to the mission we run.

I have noticed that i dont get the enter vehicle option when i have a RPG in my hands. Our clan did have issues with Spawn Vehicles not allowing, after deployment, entrance to the vehicle, but as above i think it has been sorted via Exes or Update to the mission we run.

I was just playing on saturday night and I had the bug appear multiple times - We were using the development build.

I cannot possibly see what in the mission would cause this. The only time I should not be able to enter a vehicle is if an enemy is inside of it or if it is locked. Neither was true in any case I encountered the bug.

On my own mission, but I've seen it in an empty mission with a few vehicles placed.

I was going to suggest it might be a multiplayer locality+desync issue (for example when a vehicle is local to a player who is experiencing connection problems), but that wouldn't apply if it happens in empty missions.

Seems like an issue that will be difficult to nail down.

I was just playing on saturday night and I had the bug appear multiple times - We were using the development build.

I cannot possibly see what in the mission would cause this. The only time I should not be able to enter a vehicle is if an enemy is inside of it or if it is locked. Neither was true in any case I encountered the bug.

Ever tried opening a car door with a hand full of RPG before?

Nah, neither have I BTW. :P

Ever tried opening a car door with a hand full of RPG before?

Nah, neither have I BTW. :P

Every day. In battlefield 3.

I was going to suggest it might be a multiplayer locality+desync issue (for example when a vehicle is local to a player who is experiencing connection problems), but that wouldn't apply if it happens in empty missions.

Seems like an issue that will be difficult to nail down.

That's the problem, I cannot reliably reproduce it.

All I know is that it is imperative that it gets fixed, it really causes a huge issue in MP. Three of us got killed because we couldn't get into a Hunter. We were all trying to get into it as we saw another Hunter barreling towards us. Couldn't get in, they ran us over in a comedic fashion as three of us were running circles around the stationary hunter as a last ditch effort.

The only time I've noticed that Gossamer is when the tire's are all damaged. As soon as all 4 tires are damaged you will be kicked out of the vehicle and if you're outside the vehicle you won't be able to get into it. I haven't tested whether they only need to be partially damaged or not.

This is an outrage!!!!!

The most useable module in the game has been removed. 99% of my missions has been developed with these modules, now they are useless. Many hours of developing own missions are wasted.

These modules was, for my part (and i guess many others), one of the best features of the game.

I just don´t understand why.................................

This is an outrage!!!!!

The most useable module in the game has been removed. 99% of my missions has been developed with these modules, now they are useless. Many hours of developing own missions are wasted.

These modules was, for my part (and i guess many others), one of the best features of the game.

I just don´t understand why.................................

And you don't even mention what modules you speak of so I don't think anyone can provide any answers. In this thread there was talk of a few modules that went missing, I believe one was the Skirmish module, and a dev provided an explanation as to why it was removed.

Understand that during this alpha, things will be added, things will be removed, more so in the dev build. All and any potential work you put into any mission can and will likely be broken by an update, probably permanently unless you reconfigure the mission accordingly to adapt to the changes. Expect this and know that no mission is safe until probably at least the beta, or for sure when the game goes gold.

Sorry for not mentioning the module - Yes it is the Skirmish Module - And i guess your right - its an Alpha.

Was really happy about the skirmish module, it was a really useful feature, i am just frustrated to see it gone, and still think it is a huge mistake to remove it.

Hope something similar comes up in the future.

These modules were created primarily for campaign purposes. In the course of development, we've decided to handle the functionality they were supposed to have to be done differently (using Sites, getting rid of dynamic spawning altogether). You've mentioned some problems these modules had, and considering there were no resources to keep them up to date, removing them was considered the best solution.

I agree though that their removal should have been documented in the sitrep / spotrep and would like to apologize for any incovenience caused to community mission makers.

From jezuro