Actually they can be adjusted. If you look at the ACOG manufaturers info PDF it describes the adjustment is done with prisms and 1 click = 100 yards. The markings are to give you an offset from your zero point.

So what are the adjustment knobs for???

They are even modelled in the game :D

I assume even a 'fixed' scope would have to be calibrated when you first put it on

Also we need some kind of a sound effect for when changing zeroing I think. Those little "clicks" when you dial in elevation/windage into the scope. For audio-feedback's sake

+1!

And in general, the sounds which are available already from TOH switches and Arma 3 menu should be used more often! Especially in vehicles, they deliever a great deal of actually operating a big machine. Imagine things like zooming in with tank optics, switching from VSL to NV and FLIR etc

After watching a video of the new sniper rifles in action I noticed two magnification zoom levels - I can only access one magnification, am I missing something (I probably am) :)

After watching a video of the new sniper rifles in action I noticed two magnification zoom levels - I can only access one magnification, am I missing something (I probably am) :)

Press + on the numpad.

I'm not talking about the collimator sight on top but the actual scope.

They can be adjusted. If you look at the ACOG manufaturers info PDF it describes the adjustment is done with prisms and 1 click = 100 yards. The markings are to give you an offset from your zero point.

Le good point. It does look like an adjustable scope to me.

Edit: I'm no expert though.

Edited by Kemeros

Shouldnt the GM6 have a dust cover where the bolt it? - and is there only suppose to be half a stock on the m302 rifle?

image - https://plus.google.com/u/0/105468471193414769054/posts

No dust cover - just like real one > http://arma3.ru/images/indimages/A3_DevLogHungary_1280x800_3.jpg

---------- Post added at 18:43 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

I'm not talking about the collimator sight on top but the actual scope.

They can be adjusted. If you look at the ACOG manufaturers info PDF it describes the adjustment is done with prisms and 1 click = 100 yards. The markings are to give you an offset from your zero point.

Acog and Hamr can be zeroed but they are mostly just for calibration with the weapon

and most these scopes recommend 200-300 meter zero , so in arma it wouldn't be that useful like on sniper scope

The sound indeed should be tweaked I suppose. From 400 meters(!!) the Lynx is barely hearable(it's really that quiet?), and have to agree with M320 has really low recoil for such a rifle. While I understand Lynx(

) with all that fancy systems to reduce recoil, i don't get the M320, and it seems that Lynx in RL has faster rate of fire ;).

Furthermore silenced weapon at night gives too much light.

(take a pistol at night with silencer, shot! Compare to:

at 1:10)

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=6442 <-- ticked for that

Edited by Byku

+1!

And in general, the sounds which are available already from TOH switches and Arma 3 menu should be used more often! Especially in vehicles, they deliever a great deal of actually operating a big machine. Imagine things like zooming in with tank optics, switching from VSL to NV and FLIR etc

This! Is there a ticket for such feature request ?

Loving the new antimaterial rifles, although the recoil of both the M320 and GM6 is somewhat strange. The recoil from both shifts the entire torso of the player a few inches back while the player legs stay perfectly stationary. Check the short video below to see for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUgUX4CdLAY

Something else worth mentioning. At close range the M320 and GM6 is LOUD to say the very least, but from 500m away you can't hear them at all, while other weapons can be heard from that range.

Also we need some kind of a sound effect for when changing zeroing I think. Those little "clicks" when you dial in elevation/windage into the scope. For audio-feedback's sake

Agreed. Animation would be great too. :rolleyes: ;)

Don't You think that the echo of sniper rifles is a bit overdone?

why where the diving goggles removed?

Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgGlasses.G_Diving'.

I did notice that if you equip the new Sniper Class with a Backpack it is not visible on the character model. I am assuming this will be changed/updated in due time. *Note the Sniper class can carry a backpack and it shows and is usable in the Inventory screen, just not visible in the 'game-world'.

I did notice that if you equip the new Sniper Class with a Backpack it is not visible on the character model. I am assuming this will be changed/updated in due time. *Note the Sniper class can carry a backpack and it shows and is usable in the Inventory screen, just not visible in the 'game-world'.

The ghillie is a step back in various directions. It eats backpacks again, clips through vests and has heavy stretching around the armpits...

Having a torso ghillie as opposed to a complete ghillie might be a good idea but it is currently lacking behind the old one and full ghillies are in fact used very often.

The ghillie is a step back in various directions. It eats backpacks again, clips through vests and has heavy stretching around the armpits...

Having a torso ghillie as opposed to a complete ghillie might be a good idea but it is currently lacking behind the old one and full ghillies are in fact used very often.

Thanx for the reply - I guess development of a game of this magnitude with a dedicated community is often 2 steps forward and one step back. That being said, the community feedback and this Alpha and soon to be Beta process will eventually create what we all are striving for.........some more years of ArmA brilliance!!!

did you look over any score in real life?

I did just once and I admit I am no expert but just feel smaller scopes give better feel of looking thru a scope.Also with the new scopes I get exactly that same feeling of looking thru the "hole in a wall" previous Arma scopes where its just black with no texture and no love applied.Now its a black circle with blur on outside.At least try to model the shape of the scope on the image and by that I mean the range/windage knobs on side.Something better can be done.What I would like to know is if Arma3 models the exact FOV of the scopes they are simulating.

You probably don't know that PR:BF2 uses RTT scopes for everything

To be honest it is fine as it is , no need to over blur screen

But your Robert Hammer and I am Wolfstriked so..... LOL that is said with respect as I download and use all your weapons.:D

As for blurring the screen I bring back PR:bf2 and how they add in inconveniences to try to balance weapons which this idea seems non existent in Arma3.If all scopes are getting this new look then maybe the amount of blurring could be tied to the magnification level of the scope.

And I must ask WHY was the "look thru scope while reloading" even implemented.Reloading while looking thru a scope looks horrible and adds alot of issues that were not there before.Try loading the MXGL grenade while looking thru scope.There are so many little irks now that I think they should just remove this idea.Maybe a dev can comment on why they added that in?

If it was up to me I would FORCE the player to have to go thru steps to reload their weapon by not allowing the player to reload while sighted.Instead the player has to unsight the weapon/press reload and watch the beautiful animation unfold and then press to resight again.Makes a more engaging experience IMO compared to this dreadful view thru the scopes while relaoding fiasco we have now.:rolleyes:

All this is just IMHO

Edited by Wolfstriked

...the recoil of both the M320 and GM6 is somewhat strange...

Yes, definitely too much lateral (backwards) recoil and not enough vertical. The recoil does not seem balanced with other rifles.

...WHY was the "look thru scope while reloading" even implemented...

My thoughts exactly. I don't think its even possible in real life and just looks silly.

On the sniper rifles it does force you out of optics mode when you reload and then goes back to optics when complete.

Edited by EDcase

My thoughts exactly. I don't think its even possible in real life and just looks silly.

"yes, this is unintended behaviour/ sideeffect of something different, will try to fix" from Vespa in the ticket . :)

My game doesn't wanna update to todays update.I just reverted back to the stable build and then back to the dev build and its still 05634.Anyone have a clue?

My game doesn't wanna update to todays update.I just reverted back to the stable build and then back to the dev build and its still 05634.Anyone have a clue?

Close Steam and reopen it if you haven't tried that.

Thanks so much for adding the Cheytac M320, I literally punched the air an giggled liked a little girl when I saw info/vid of it in-game. Been a fan of this gun for a long time, ever since seeign it on Future Weapons, what does this variant offer over the current M200 if any?