Thermal Imagery textures improved for sniper rifles

I cant get any night vision/thermal with any scope in game at the moment.

We really need AI to have the 'oh shit I'm under fire' reaction. Presently they are too relaxed!

I remember my military training ... dash, down, crawl, observe, sights, fire ! Why can't the AI do something like this?

The AI seem to have difficulty in remembering the direction that the enemy are pushing - yes it is OK for some troops to be watching the rear, but you SURELY don't advance out of cover looking in the wrong direction??

quite good sounds are this. But yeah, can be heard at quite short distances only. Ive made a quick test mission. 1 spotter with 2 snipers each, at 1.7km distance. Takes a while, until my team spotter, locates enemy sniper team, and they end up, geting out of ammo, without hitting anyone. Set the skills to the maximum, and sergant rank each.

This. Do you really think that AI should beat the records? :icon_twisted:

This. Do you really think that AI should beat the records? :icon_twisted:

i see most records were from 2 to 2,4, 1,7km seems reasonable to me, if you set their skills to maximum :p Me and my ai team mates were not moving whole time, so were the enemy, i guess at least 1 injury and casualty could be a deal. I could hit them quite easy, especially after playing as sniper with ACE, where you have wind to take in account. 8)

Edited by NeuroFunker

i see most records were from 2 to 2,4, 1,7km seems reasonable to me, if you set their skills to maximum :p Me and my ai team mates were not moving whole time, so were the enemy, i guess at least 1 injury and casualty could be a deal. I could hit them quite easy, especially after playing as sniper with ACE, where you have wind to take in account. 8)

Speaking of which: #4729

Needs more votes. ;)

I think they meant this

vU0Z0Jc.jpg

Did you, by the way, happen to notice that the list consists of all confirmed kills for ranges greater than 1 250 meters :icon_twisted:

BIS, sound engineers!!! guys, the sound for some sniper rifles is a joke, like a muddy with no punch flanged or chorused fart!!! need to be changed asap!!! especially the m320 sound

BIS, sound engineers!!! guys, the sound for some sniper rifles is a joke, like a muddy with no punch flanged or chorused fart!!! need to be changed asap!!! especially the m320 sound

Sounds a bit harsh but I got to agree that sniper rifle sound is like muffled or something.

Currently the M320 LRR has almost no recoil (vertical) when standing. I guess that will change?!?!?!

It has about the same recoil as the MX series

And when are we going to have elevation control for the RCO and ARCO scopes?

I'm pretty sure that BIS sound engineers didn't intend on sniper rifles sounding like farts, it's a known bug

actually the sounds itself are fine, but yeah, could be tweaked, for more punchy sound.

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------

Did you, by the way, happen to notice that the list consists of all confirmed kills for ranges greater than 1 250 meters :icon_twisted:

yeah, thats quite impressive, no doubt :)

Thats not true, they had to remove Chuck Norris from the list as your browser cannot handle such long lists ....

And when are we going to have elevation control for the RCO and ARCO scopes?

RCO is a collimator optics, they usually have fixed zeroing (of 300 meters in our case). And the ARCO optics reticle would make no sense with zeroing, why would you have 400 meters mark in the reticle if You cold simply adjust the zeroing? :icon_twisted:

Mr.pettka, what about the missing runway parts? Am I the only one with this problem since the latest stable update?

Hi guys!

I have an opinion about when and where can we access our inventory. If you noticed it is only accessible while being on foot. You can't access it while being in vehicles.

In my opinion it should also be avalible while being inside some of the vehicles (Ifrit, Hunter, KA-60, etc.).

But it shouldn't be avalible in all of them (quadbike, AH-9, MH-9, bycicles etc.) due to logical reasons :)

Inventory access should also depend on your position in the vehicle. A driver/pilot/gunner shouldn't be able to access inventory while other passangers that are just sitting inside as a transport group should be able to access it.

You can also vote on it. Here is my Issue 0008660:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8660

Please comment!

Thank you!

Edited by PurePassion
Please post in the already existing Threads. Thank you

Mr.pettka, what about the missing runway parts? Am I the only one with this problem since the latest stable update?

I made a ticket yesterday (it was already mention).

Here is the right ticket.

RCO is a collimator optics, they usually have fixed zeroing (of 300 meters in our case). And the ARCO optics reticle would make no sense with zeroing, why would you have 400 meters mark in the reticle if You cold simply adjust the zeroing? :icon_twisted:

yes totally agree here, basically they are assault rifles and real ACOG can't be "zeroed", just sniper scopes can

I made a ticket yesterday (it was already mention).

Here is the right ticket.

Yes, I know that Papanowel but thing that worries me is that only you and me mentioned that.

Now I see that 7 people voted up but it's not enough.

Known issues state at the end of program part something like this: Portion of runways might be invisible. I would assume it is a more common problem and the programmers would like to address it, but don't take this as a promise of early fix, things tend to get complicated :icon_twisted:

Sorry for the confusion - this change related to the TI texture of the rifles itself (when seen in TI from whatever optics that support it).

Known issues state at the end of program part something like this: Portion of runways might be invisible. I would assume it is a more common problem and the programmers would like to address it, but don't take this as a promise of early fix, things tend to get complicated :icon_twisted:

It's not really annoying anyway, we can get over it.

Edited by Papanowel
forget a word

Speaking of which: #4729

Needs more votes. ;)

Yes, sniping is too boring at the moment without the wind.

1. Use range finder to determine range to target, 2. zero in, 3. hit win button.

Also we need some kind of a sound effect for when changing zeroing I think. Those little "clicks" when you dial in elevation/windage into the scope. For audio-feedback's sake

The recoil when standing for M320 is indeed to small. It's easily possible to use it like M14.

I'm not talking about the collimator sight on top but the actual scope.

They can be adjusted. If you look at the ACOG manufaturers info PDF it describes the adjustment is done with prisms and 1 click = 100 yards. The markings are to give you an offset from your zero point.

So what are the adjustment knobs for???

They are even modelled in the game :D

Edited by EDcase