Can someone explain to me about this "loiter" waypoint? It doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Can someone explain to me about this "loiter" waypoint? It doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Hi there.

I believe it is to make a helicopter circle around the waypoint, and should be assigned to a helicopter for proper usage.

Hi there.

I believe it is to make a helicopter circle around the waypoint, and should be assigned to a helicopter for proper usage.

Too bad. It sounds like the perfect waypoint for a lazy soldier to wander around a room or house :p

Any ingame screenshots of the new without black borders scope? Will the ARCO and similar get revamped too?

Yay!

Here you go. I get more immersive with these scopes than what we have/had before.

Btw. I'm uploading at the moment a video of the issue that I said earlier. About 2,5h to go.

Have you loaded Bad Bensons midrange texture replacement? Try it without it.

i updated the addon a long time ago fixing that problem. so please update your pbo and tell me if you still get the issue. should be fixed though since i don't replace any values in the config except the texture path anymore.

Too bad. It sounds like the perfect waypoint for a lazy soldier to wander around a room or house :p

No-Loitering-Sign-K-8859.gif

Edited by MassAsster

Here you go. I get more immersive with these scopes than what we have/had before.

Btw. I'm uploading at the moment a video of the issue that I said earlier. About 2,5h to go.

Thank you, this looks so much better than before!

Yay!

Why did BIS remove different Quad bike color textures that were included in soft_f.pbo in previous versions? Now I'll need to include 20 megabytes of textures into my mission that were originally in game or get rid of color customization. I ask to bring these textures back.

7072875235CBD5DDD7A28DB7C07F4D5DEC1372FC

The stuff around the scope should be more blurry
Yep, +1. It is not blurry enough now. :)

I guess they need blur shader after all because it's quite cheatish now. The view areas inside scope is big as a result of needing to cover more area outside by black scope since otherwise it will be even worse. But outside is still rather big.

Oh how I can't wait for the day where instead of pressing a button to toggle aim down sights/scope, we can tilt and lean our heads into the barrel of our rifle. Oculus Rift can't release soon enough :)

On topic: PiP scopes are like a dream of mine for realistic shooters. I only know of one game that did it right, and that's Red Orchestra 2. Based on my PiP experience with things like mirrors and cameras in Arma 3, I'm not entirely sure this is something that's ready to take up the challenge of handling scoped gameplay. It just seems too low resolution and choppy (not to mention the massive toll it takes on performance to do) to make it worth doing right now.

Hopefully we'll see these awesome advancements in our lifetimes!

I can't even see the outside borders with my small monitor :(

Anyway, I noticed a lot more animation sliding all around but mainly when you start moving.

Oh how I can't wait for the day where instead of pressing a button to toggle aim down sights/scope, we can tilt and lean our heads into the barrel of our rifle. Oculus Rift can't release soon enough :)

On topic: PiP scopes are like a dream of mine for realistic shooters. I only know of one game that did it right, and that's Red Orchestra 2. Based on my PiP experience with things like mirrors and cameras in Arma 3, I'm not entirely sure this is something that's ready to take up the challenge of handling scoped gameplay. It just seems too low resolution and choppy (not to mention the massive toll it takes on performance to do) to make it worth doing right now.

Hopefully we'll see these awesome advancements in our lifetimes!

Instead of PIP for the zoom part they could use PIP for the part you see by looking outside your scope with a very low resolution and frame rate, and blur it to make it less noticeable. Blur can easily be 'explained' because the soldier doesn't focus his eyes on what's happening outside his scope, and the human player is also focussing his attention to what's happening inside his scope.

Just a thought

Hi. Is this intentional? http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8606

If not, it's very unfortunate it got into stable branch because it's used quite frequently I guess. If yes, it should be reverted because it's very confusing IMO. By reverted I don't mean removed but moved into standard (eg. non-tactical) pace where it makes more sense IMO. What do you think?

I noticed it last week in dev branch but I didn't report it because I thought this discussion was relevant to it:

You beat me to it.

I can confirm this, pressing the right mouse button to bring up the sights when walking in tactical pace now actually increases your running speed.

Thank you for your feedback. This problem has been reported and will be fixed as soon as possible.

Edited by batto

The new offroad driver get in animation is... interesting. But something needs to be done with the doors or something as from the third-person camera it looks really weird.

Also, digging at the configs I can confirm that RAH-66 Comanche and SEAL Delivery vehicle (sub) will be in Beta. No need to wait for the E3 announcement :P Oh, and 4 new animals: Dog, Goat, Sheep and Chicken.

I only know of one game that did it right, and that's Red Orchestra 2.

RO2 couldn't do it any more wrong. "Sniper" scopes are only 2x and marks are non-aligned. ArmA3 scopes are a lot more realistic.

forget about sniper scopes, these aren't snipers. does having sniper rifle make you a sniper? they don't even behave like they're snipers. they should be programed to think differently from normal infantry. same bullchit

forget about sniper scopes, these aren't snipers. does having sniper rifle make you a sniper? they don't even behave like they're snipers. they should be programed to think differently from normal infantry. same bullchit

wut??

the so called spotters don't spot anything. they just stand there and do nothing, until the enemy fires upon them or gets close enough. sniper should engage enemy from far

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:49 ----------

wut??

what do you mean wutt? you have neurological disorders?

would it be possible for devs to announce classname changes in the changelogs?

for example this update they renamed: Land_Cargo20_military_F to: Land_Cargo20_military_green_F and added a 40 cubic variant :)