I like the new sniper rifles and of course improved SCOPES! Hopefully you will continue and improve also other scopes...

Btw: you should really bring the rain back...;)

Beside the sniper rifles, did you guys notice any other positive things with the latest update?

For some reason I don't have a sniper soldier in my drop down box... Or do you access them another way?

Edit: For some reason Steam wouldn't update, fixed it now.

For some reason I don't have a sniper soldier in my drop down box... Or do you access them another way?

You can find the snipers as a separate class (just like the divers) under BLUE/RED and not under BLUE/Men or RED/Men.

Edited by Maio

Love the new sniper rifles... although we need wind desperately :P with the possibility of measuring it(in a range-finder for example). Couse right now, killing someone from 2,4km is a bit too easy ;).

+1

Also would prefer getting rid of thoose wierd sniper masks and have regular face camo instead.

/KC

I like the new sniper rifles and of course improved SCOPES! Hopefully you will continue and improve also other scopes...

I wouldn't call them improved. Really awfull design decision. Hope they'll revert it.

I wouldn't call them improved. Really awfull design decision. Hope they'll revert it.
Well, thats your opinion, I think these scopes are definitely better than the old scopes with "black borders".

I would love to see the addition of Hurricanes / tropical storms / severe thunder storms - just completely impossible to fly in conditions that can come and go.

I prefer the new scope over the old scope, even though the part outside of the scope is zoomed. I'd like to see an experimental PIP scope which behave like real scopes.

the 'new scope' doesn't make sense with any magnified scope though. I know a few games have done it right, but it's a pain cause you need to basically render 2 scenes. similar to the pip ingame, but that tends to be kinda choppy

Beside the sniper rifles, did you guys notice any other positive things with the latest update?

RCWS doesn't jitter anymore when the vehicle is moving, it's really smooooth, just like the real thing, excellent!

Hey guys, i have still the bug with the super bright stars. I thought they improved the night lighting?

Hey guys, i have still the bug with the super bright stars. I thought they improved the night lighting?

Have you loaded Bad Bensons midrange texture replacement? Try it without it.

the 'new scope' doesn't make sense with any magnified scope though. I know a few games have done it right, but it's a pain cause you need to basically render 2 scenes. similar to the pip ingame, but that tends to be kinda choppy

What if one renders the outside of the scope (as opposed to rendering the sight image) with PiP?

The new scope looks indeed more realistic and It's really awesome. I hope they'll do all scopes like that. But also would love to see PiP scopes

http://i.imgur.com/TdewoBR.jpg

it looks like they just made it blurry around the scope

Have you loaded Bad Bensons midrange texture replacement? Try it without it.

Damn, they indeed improved the night lighting. Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

What if one renders the outside of the scope (as opposed to rendering the sight image) with PiP?

Yea I was thinking about this as well.

Rendering the smaller stuff outside the scope in low res and maybe blur it to make it less obvious that its low res. The fact that its blurred shouldn't really matter since your eyes aren't focussed on it anyway (both ingame as well as behind your monitor)

Yea I was thinking about this as well.

Rendering the smaller stuff outside the scope in low res and maybe blur it to make it less obvious that its low res. The fact that its blurred shouldn't really matter since your eyes aren't focussed on it anyway (both ingame as well as behind your monitor)

Yeah that's great idea, was thinking about that too..

The stuff around the scope should be more blurry

Still finding that friendly troops (on both sides) seem to want to shoot rounds into the back of their mates' heads ! Can we have something in the DangerFSM that says 'friendly troop DIRECTLY in front of me, closer than 10m, I do not fire!' ?

Something wrong with the runway? Two parts of the runway seems missing !!

Check it out guys!!

FPS also seems the same without any increase.

Any ingame screenshots of the new without black borders scope? Will the ARCO and similar get revamped too?

Yay!

Something wrong with the runway? Two parts of the runway seems missing !!

Check it out guys!!

I can confirm, two parts from the south side of the runway are missing.

Edited by Papanowel