i think they are perfect for now, nice levels and very clean recordings. i love the fact that there are no super compressed sounds or megaa-bass-boost allover the place like battlefield, that game made my studio monitors clip

Dude, a lot of sounds are missing. You cant call it "perfect".

how can i find the sniper rifles and scopes? i tried placing ammoboxes but they are not there, not even on marksman units? i mean, how can i even spawn single weapons on ground? thanks in advance

Edited by GottyPlays

how can i find the sniper rifles and scopes? i tried placing ammoboxes but they are not there, not even on marksman units? i mean, how can i even spawn single weapons on ground? thanks in advance

Not in the boxes atm, but you can place down the sniper and spotter, they are under the category men(sniper), instead of just men.

At least for the M4 pack I know that it overwrites the rifle base class to allow the optics to be mounted on standard weapons...

No it doesn't, not the version that is released. Only our internal version does that, but not the public one.

However, as you pointed out in a later post.... *cough cough* vote here *cough cough*

There's big performance hit when scoping with sniper in woods. There are some bad sweet spots. AA and PPAA doesn't have effect on performance but AtoC to Trees drops from already bad 20fps to 10fps.

Without AtoC: Watching normally 60 fps -> scope unzoomed 40fps -> scope zoomed 20 fps.

With AtoC: Watching normally 60 fps -> scope unzoomed 25fps -> scope zoomed 10fps.

Distance was about 400m and I think it's one tree that's causing it.

Specs: i7 2600K @ 4,4GHz and GTX 560 Ti 1,2GB

/Found a ticket about those trees http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=3848

Edited by St. Jimmy

My bad, I just saw the changelog, missing firing sound. But can anyone tell me where to get rangefinder?

I couldnt find any rangefinders in the ammoboxes, I guess that will be fixed later. The BLUFOR/OPFOR Spotters have rangefinders and you can equip it like you would take out your binocs (B).

i posted this as a bug in the bug tracker but it is just closed as no bug, is that not a mistake?

<a  href=bug.jpg' alt='bug.jpg'>

Few things I noticed:

- BLUE sniper has a rangefinder, RED snipers doesn't

- RED sniper has a silenced sidearm, BLUE sniper doesn't

- It is possible to see more of your surroundings with the new sniper scope by looking past your scope. i.e. view is not completely blacked out to the edges of your screen. However, this view has the same zoom as the scope itself, inconsistent with the ARCO scope. (stealth PiP scope request)

- No sounds obviously

- Soldier keeps looking through the scope while reloading,

- Switching to your rangefinder/binoculars while prone makes the sniper put his rifle on his back. (why not just leave it on the ground if you're in a prone position?)

- The new ammo bounces of from an RPG launcher on someones back while they penetrate Ifrit and Hunter armor,

- The ammo doesn't penetrate the Ifrit's windows and require multiple hits to disable one of its tires,

- When reloading with the scope removed, the iron sights collide with the players head,

- Bipod isn't deployable :-)

I really like the new rifles!

Edited by ArgusNastyCrab

Mainly the big issues with the snipers so far:

-Bipod needs to be deployable to make it more steady

-Sound needs adding as everytime 1 round is fired, you get 3 rpt errors

love the new ghillie suits, except for the masks. camouflage > masks.

I like being able to see around the scope of the sniper. but that effect with the zoom was awkward

I am wondering: is it intentional that the OPFOR Sniper lacks a portable rangefinder
It is not, will be fixed as soon as possible. :lookaround: Edited by DarkDruid

i posted this as a bug in the bug tracker but it is just closed as no bug, is that not a mistake?

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/FlashpointFan/bug.jpg

Hi man, it's not a bug just a problem with surface of the water.

It's the same than the Skyrim Game and on this game there was a petition to address this problem. In my case, I also find it problematic when one wishes to make an assault on a beach or defend a position, if you see on one kilometer enemies or placement of mines ... Furthermore, it is common with the camera and the movement of waves, that this display issue is present and gives only want to play third person on the surface of the sea.

Maybe we can wait the update on the rain and impact in the world of Arma 3. Or open a another ticket and another topic on the forum only about this problem. If is it the case, i follow you : )

In all the case, it's not the priority of the game and the gameplay, but it's very annoying when you play in the sea.

It seems that AI now reacts to lights properly at night. I did only short test on the mission in my ticket but so far it seems that when I just step into the light - AI will spot me instantly (which is good)

and if I will shoot lights out first AI won't spot me at all but as I come closer he will hear me and start turning to me - and as soon as he will see me lit again he will shoot me. Which again is pretty good.

Need to test this more, will probably make for some interesting Thief-ish sneaky missions in urban areas.

I couldnt find any rangefinders in the ammoboxes, I guess that will be fixed later. The BLUFOR/OPFOR Spotters have rangefinders and you can equip it like you would take out your binocs (B).

try using VAS system, latest version adds new weapon automatically or join my server and test it :D , cheers, pawel

and if I will shoot lights out first .

Shooting lights out work now?

Unable to test until tomorrow :(

Gillie is awesome, under my point of view i'll leave at start NV goggles from head, and keep 'em in the vest, so you are really sniper camouflage, with the possibility to check your inventory and dress NV Goggles for the occasion, and about scope aka "optic_SOS" :cc: i believe it's very interesting as it is now, i'll just change the actual in making the part outside scope not zommed and i believe it will be very cool

rgrds

Anyone else no longer able to add rifles etc to vests or platecarriers? Maybe I missed this change a while back but seems I can only add pistols now? I kind of liked having the back up weapon for SP mess about....

There's big performance hit when scoping with sniper in woods. There are some bad sweet spots. AA and PPAA doesn't have effect on performance but AtoC to Trees drops from already bad 20fps to 10fps.

Without AtoC: Watching normally 60 fps -> scope unzoomed 40fps -> scope zoomed 20 fps.

With AtoC: Watching normally 60 fps -> scope unzoomed 25fps -> scope zoomed 10fps.

Distance was about 400m and I think it's one tree that's causing it.

Specs: i7 2600K @ 4,4GHz and GTX 560 Ti 1,2GB

/Found a ticket about those trees http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=3848

Sorry I'll quote myself but I found even stranger thing. That big fps drop only happens when I'm in prone. There's something weird going on. I don't get any bad fps drops with other scopes than new sniper scopes on that tree.

Anyone else no longer able to add rifles etc to vests or platecarriers? Maybe I missed this change a while back but seems I can only add pistols now? I kind of liked having the back up weapon for SP mess about....

hot-fuzz-angel.jpg

just use a backpack. rifles inside vests is kind of ridiculous, no?

http://www.moviereviewblog.net/wp-images/hot-fuzz-angel.jpg

just use a backpack. rifles inside vests is kind of ridiculous, no?

Now that's what I'm talkin' about;-)

I'd kind of assumed it would be a replacement for the "weapon on back" feature ACE used to have and as it was originally in the build I thought it was by design

Love the new sniper rifles... although we need wind desperately :P with the possibility of measuring it(in a range-finder for example). Couse right now, killing someone from 2,4km is a bit too easy ;).

Edit. and you've changed the sprinting animation with pistol... that's good imo, the previous one looked a bit strange :P(the hands were strangely twisted)

Edited by Byku

Not sure why the dev closed it as "no bug", but it's actually just a duplicate of #678. :)

Probably because it cannot be fixed, Skyrim does the exact same thing along with multitudes of other games. The programmers have to allow a historisis between underwater and above visuals or there will be a new bug where flickering between both results in people having seizures instead.