The "running and aiming through sight are reversed in combat pace" bug made it into stable branch. :(

Is it just me or sniper rifles purposely has no sound and scope?

The lynx appears to have no sound but they both have a scope ;)

Correct on all points: they were improved visually and they should now be 'officially' configured as units :)

Speaking of which, will you add a gesture for the bolt operation, i.e. after taking a shot, have the operator use his actual hand to operate the bolt ? That would be awesome

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

personally id like to see death when you walk into the rear tail rotor

That was done with ACE at one point and resulted in a lot of shredded AI which are usually not really able to avoid it.

I really belive that the BIS sound engineer computer has some unusual settings making him hear different, because us, the rest of the world, still hear gunshots TOO LOUD and the footsteps and reload almost UNHEARABLE.... Waiting for 3 weeks for this update and the sounds are still bad. I'd say rather unexisting. Since there are internal bugs it cannot be modded either.

That was done with ACE at one point and resulted in a lot of shredded AI which are usually not really able to avoid it.

TOH also had it as I recall

The lynx appears to have no sound but they both have a scope ;)

But I tried both sniper rifle after restarting A3, scope appears, but there is no sound from both snipers.

Yeah really amazed this hasn't been fixed yet. Maybe in Beta?

I hope it has ticket on arma 3 tracker

Great work about sniper rifles models ! :) (just missing sounds)

I like that there are 2 sniper rifles added. Loving the Cheytac M300. I'm guessing it's supposed to be a future fictional model, the M320?

I really belive that the BIS sound engineer computer has some unusual settings making him hear different, because us, the rest of the world, still hear gunshots TOO LOUD and the footsteps and reload almost UNHEARABLE.... Waiting for 3 weeks for this update and the sounds are still bad. I'd say rather unexisting. Since there are internal bugs it cannot be modded either.

i think they are perfect for now, nice levels and very clean recordings. i love the fact that there are no super compressed sounds or megaa-bass-boost allover the place like battlefield, that game made my studio monitors clip

Sorry to interrupt the sniper discussion :) but what about everything else ? How is game running? What about lighting?

I'm not at home so I'm very excited about to hear for improvements :)

My bad, I just saw the changelog, missing firing sound. But can anyone tell me where to get rangefinder?

The "running and aiming through sight are reversed in combat pace" bug made it into stable branch. :(

It's very hard to manage the insane amount of changes in very many assets, make sure they are get re-tested and properly distributed (even when they might seem obvious). This and several other things unfortunately slipped in. We cannot extend testing of these updates because it would mean many more weeks between each update. Of course with every big milestone (Beta, release, post-release) - we do ramp up testing ahead of release and reduce frequency of updates on default branch in favor of stability and proper verification of fixes.

Anyone else notice the chunks of meat that blow off a person when you shoot them with the sniper rifles? :eek:

Is it just me or sniper rifles purposely has no sound and scope?

Do you have a weapon mod installed, like the french weapons or the M4 pack ? At least for the M4 pack I know that it overwrites the rifle base class to allow the optics to be mounted on standard weapons...

BTW, nice to see the mildot crosshair zoom along with the optics!

Anyone else notice the chunks of meat that blow off a person when you shoot them with the sniper rifles? :eek:

Yeah that's the new .50 cal hit particle effect. It's been in for awhile.

It seems as if the ghillie is an inherent and unremovable part of the "Men (Sniper)" class...

Also, I am wondering: is it intentional that the OPFOR Sniper lacks a portable rangefinder but that both he and the OPFOR Spotter have suppressed Rook-40s, whereas the BLUFOR Sniper and Spotter both have portable rangefinders but only unsuppressed P07s? (I notice that the P07's inventory picture still looks like a Glock.)

It's very hard to manage the insane amount of changes in very many assets, make sure they are get re-tested and properly distributed (even when they might seem obvious). This and several other things unfortunately slipped in. We cannot extend testing of these updates because it would mean many more weeks between each update. Of course with every big milestone (Beta, release, post-release) - we do ramp up testing ahead of release and reduce frequency of updates on default branch in favor of stability and proper verification of fixes.

Shit happens, that's why it's an Alpha. At least the performance has been incrementally improving with every update.

Yea, disabled it, scopes available. >_<

*cough cough* vote here *cough cough*