Yeah exactly, the problem is merely just with magnifying optics. While it still feels a bit odd and I think those will be the most seen perspective of the reloading animations if kept in, the basic idea is good. Red dot scopes etc are designed so it's possible for the shooter to have more freedom to look at them. Due to the collimation, the point is always aiming with the muzzle and thus you can look at them even when you are not directly facing them. As you can see here, the view is not parallel with the muzzle but the spot where it is aiming is still visible.

ENQcBsA.jpg

That would not be possible with such a scope where the black corners you see would get bigger and bigger until they obscure the whole view.

IMG_7316ScopeViewWeb.jpg

And since you get directly back to your original scopeview in Arma by default, there is no reason to keep it with those optics.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Here is the ticket:

"0008370: Maintaining perfect scopeview through magnifying scopes while reloading"

Edited by PurePassion

+1 For reverting the reload in sights thing

Same here. Do not like it at all.

....good stuff...

absolutely agree. i can only hope it's a bug and not a design decision.

it's really funny imagining my characters head following the scope while reloading. not to mention what happens when you reload your nlaw while looking through the scope...yea you guessed it. you will look at the ground through your scope. i'm not a realism fanatic in any way but what counts is immersion and things like that kill it. again imagine what your character would have to go through to maintain that view. only hilarious slap stick stuff comes to mind.

besides...what's the point? your sights aren't even on target due to the movement of the animation. but they will be after it. so there's no gain at all. just weirdness.

BTW, Finally we can blow the bridge!!:bounce3:

All you need is 2x[explosive charge].

But like this picture,

arma3_2013-05-16_09-17-22-94.jpg?type=w3

Invisible bridge still there.

:)

arma3_2013-05-16_09-21-13-82.jpg?type=w3

Edited by charlie-k

I agree with you on the actual magnified optics PurePassion.

I think that is the type of reload they are trying to mimic with the new animations, a more tactical reload where the weapon orientation remains in the same vector as the threat. I agree that you don't need to keep the sights up, the weapon needs to turn more so that the mag port is in peripheral view. It's more about keeping the weapon pointed on target or towards the threat rather than having to reorient the weapon off target then back on target.

I do agree though about the point of view following the optics or sight as being rather unrealistic.

Yes keep the reload for aiming with collimator sights but force aiming+reloading off when using optics.

Magnified optics, I'm guessing that you mean... but what about if someone was using the top-mounted collimator portion of a dual/hybrid optic instead of the magnified scope portion?

Magnified optics, I'm guessing that you mean... but what about if someone was using the top-mounted collimator portion of a dual/hybrid optic instead of the magnified scope portion?

I'm sure there would be a way to work around that.

Any collimator+reload should be kept. It's not like BIS can't tweak the engine to distinguish between the two.

I haven't had time to test, but can anybody confirm if the following bugs are still present:

- Cannot pickup backpacks in multiplayer (specifically dedicated server)

- Cannot manipulate inventory of vehicles unless you drop items on the ground first (specifically dedicated server)

If those two are still present, I'm sure hoping they are fixed for beta, especially the first issue.

I noticed while playing on 1Para server that I couldn't put items from my inventory into an ammo box.

Latest patch appears to have broken my MP, stutters galore almost like its throttling everything now. Locally though I quickly fired up the infantry showcase and that seemed ok so possibly MP changes not mentioned ?

Running and crouching appears to have reduced the amount of distance before your asthma kicks in, may need to find that sound file and delete ;)

Any feedback on the MP bust would be nice.

Latest patch appears to have broken my MP, stutters galore almost like its throttling everything now. Locally though I quickly fired up the infantry showcase and that seemed ok so possibly MP changes not mentioned ?

Running and crouching appears to have reduced the amount of distance before your asthma kicks in, may need to find that sound file and delete ;)

Any feedback on the MP bust would be nice.

When was the last time you tested? There hasn't been a new executable since Tuesday, so the net code can't have changed since then (as far as I know).

There has been a update every day for the last three days.

Try reading my post again (properly), then look at the changelogs.

Earlier today after the last update hist this morning, MP only appeared to suffer post change, sure probably not netcode but something appeared to effect only the MP side. Could be server issue so will do some more checking on other servers to be sure.

Earlier today after the last update hist this morning, MP only appeared to suffer post change, sure probably not netcode but something appeared to effect only the MP side. Could be server issue so will do some more checking on other servers to be sure.

You will probably see a lot of log nonsense related to the Khaybar optics change. If you play on a server with today's version, you will not see that stutter (or the errors in the log :) ).

i too get this not from the last update but for a while now. it's really bad. my FPS in general is really good but the whole game seems to throttle itself every few seconds in a constant interval. i tested several settings for my CPU including disabling "cool'n'quiet" and stuff and tested other games.

it is just arma 3 and it is only in multiplayer. i'm not sure about this but it also seems to be related to the number of players on the server. and no it's not low FPS or arma 2 type server lag. something is throttling everything in an even interval. that's why i first thought that it was the mission type and some kind of unoptimized script loop but not many people seem to suffer from it.

i asked some and i also never hear complains while for me it has become unplayable. not because it's stuttering so hard but constantly no matter how complex the scene is.

it feels a bit like the memory leak planetside 2 was suffering from. like stuff stacking up to a point where it freezes for a split second then goes back to normal only to do the same again after a short time.

i too get this not from the last update but for a while now. it's really bad. my FPS in general is really good but the whole game seems to throttle itself every few seconds in a constant interval. i tested several settings for my CPU including disabling "cool'n'quiet" and stuff and tested other games.

it is just arma 3 and it is only in multiplayer. i'm not sure about this but it also seems to be related to the number of players on the server. and no it's not low FPS or arma 2 type server lag. something is throttling everything in an even interval. that's why i first thought that it was the mission type and some kind of unoptimized script loop but not many people seem to suffer from it.

i asked some and i also never hear complains while for me it has become unplayable. not because it's stuttering so hard but constantly no matter how complex the scene is.

it feels a bit like the memory leak planetside 2 was suffering from. like stuff stacking up to a point where it freezes for a split second then goes back to normal only to do the same again after a short time.

i have this exact same problem mate! really dont know where to look :( is a ticket open?

i didn't look yet but i will soon. i really hope this gets addressed. the fact that not many people seem to have this problem makes me worried that it gets overlooked.

i just placed like 60 full AI squads in the editor to see if it's related to unit count but i just get lower FPS and the effects are nothing like what i described.

i'll go back to stable now and see if it's the same.

EDIT: ok i switched back to stable. i don't have the same stutter anymore. instead i get the game getting slower and slower until freezing like i saw in some ticket.

conclusion: dev is broken for me in MP, stable is broken too but in a different way ;) in stable i can atleast play for a short time until it freezes so i guess that's less bad and i'll have to stick with that for now. i hope i can return to the beautiful smoothly running (in SP) dev build soon. still looking through tickets...so many...

Edited by Bad Benson

i just tried 2 hours on whole lotta stratis mission (SP) nothing strange at all! the fps were high (on dev version) tomorrow i will try some mp missions

i just tried 2 hours on whole lotta stratis mission (SP) nothing strange at all! the fps were high (on dev version) tomorrow i will try some mp missions

Yeah single player is fine, it's multiplayer right now that has the issues.

i didn't look yet but i will soon. i really hope this gets addressed. the fact that not many people seem to have this problem makes me worried that it gets overlooked.

i just placed like 60 full AI squads in the editor to see if it's related to unit count but i just get lower FPS and the effects are nothing like what i described.

i'll go back to stable now and see if it's the same.

EDIT: ok i switched back to stable. i don't have the same stutter anymore. instead i get the game getting slower and slower until freezing like i saw in some ticket.

conclusion: dev is broken for me in MP, stable is broken too but in a different way ;) in stable i can atleast play for a short time until it freezes so i guess that's less bad and i'll have to stick with that for now. i hope i can return to the beautiful smoothly running (in SP) dev build soon. still looking through tickets...so many...

I have the same stuttering in MP only - I was hoping (and still am) that its an Alpha and we are in the Dev build.......please bring me back my smooth game-play and high fps :)