can anybody explain such a thing to me:

i have -world=empty, which as you know means no island is loaded in the menu, only water is shown,

so the issue is - prior to some patches i had lots of fps in the menu, which is totally natural as there's only water, but some patches ago, i started having low fps in the main menu, it's so low that water refractions are like a slide show, and the menu works slowly as well

edit: i looked at the cpu usage while being in the main menu and it shows 40% as if i i'm already playing the game, any explanations?

edit2: when i delete -world=empty my fps in the main menu is ok

idk, I just tested it with the dev build, and I got my usual 150 fps and 99% gpu usage on the 'empty' menu screen

removed redundant pauseonload script is not that redundant after all as it throws script not found when you exit editor.
Yep, same issue here. Very annoying as the error message pop-up every time you go back to editor from game.

idk, I just tested it with the dev build, and I got my usual 150 fps and 99% gpu usage on the 'empty' menu screen

OMG you lucker :D what GPU? what driver version? :)

OMG you lucker :D what GPU? what driver version? :)

gtx 660 and 220.00. and to be clear, I don't get those kind of numbers ingame, just on the 'empty' menu screen

I don't think it's that though, since you say it wasn't bad for you with previous patches. try rebooting and verifying your cache. it seems like it might be something else going on

gtx 660 and 220.00. and to be clear, I don't get those kind of numbers ingame, just on the 'empty' menu screen

I don't think it's that though, since you say it wasn't bad for you with previous patches. try rebooting and verifying your cache. it seems like it might be something else going on

nothing helps, mine is gtx680 and 320.00, weird thing :(

As small AI issue - I ended up sneaking next to (< 30m) enemy patrol and the first thing the enemy did, a second after rising his weapon, was to look at me through binoculars (which I also sometimes do when trieing to hit V (scope view) but accidentally pressing B). :D

Hey - the guys complaining about the FPS issue - I think its because the Vid settings default to max viewdist (for some reason) - take a look ;)

I was going to say to check viewdistance in menu settings.

The loading screen is one of the only times that value is used. (Most missions set the viewdistance so everyone plays with the same settings)

a second after rising his weapon, was to look at me through binoculars (which I also sometimes do when trieing to hit V (scope view) but accidentally pressing B).

wow. they are getting more and more realistic. almost human now it seems:p

They fixed the straight bullet arc till 300m that someone posted a ticket about.Now when you shoot at closer ranges the scope works differently.That is just freaking great!!

They fixed the straight bullet arc till 300m that someone posted a ticket about.Now when you shoot at closer ranges the scope works differently.That is just freaking great!!
So it's actually parabolic now instead of "Battlefield 3"? Doesn't that screw over the collimator sights (both standalone and atop-magnified-scope) for CQB due to the fixed zero of 200 meters? :p

Hey - the guys complaining about the FPS issue - I think its because the Vid settings default to max viewdist (for some reason) - take a look ;)

i've had it on max before too, and hadn't any fps issues, as i said nothing helps, when there's water in the main menu - i have low fps no matter what viewdistance is set to, when i have the island loaded i have normal framerate even on distance maxed to 12000

I've noticed the water takes a HUGE chunk out of my performance. I can set the game to 5,000/5,000 view distances and looking at the mainland of Stratis gives me far better fps than staring out at sea and nothingness. We're talking in the area of 30-40 fps boost looking AT the island and all the objects, versus looking out at sea.

I get the feeling whatever shader they're using for the current water rendering is horribly optimized and lagging us out badly. Try it out.

I've noticed the water takes a HUGE chunk out of my performance. I can set the game to 5,000/5,000 view distances and looking at the mainland of Stratis gives me far better fps than staring out at sea and nothingness. We're talking in the area of 30-40 fps boost looking AT the island and all the objects, versus looking out at sea.

I get the feeling whatever shader they're using for the current water rendering is horribly optimized and lagging us out badly. Try it out.

I got that same "problem" in Arma 2 Chernarus with my old rig. If BIS could add water detail options it would maybe help some people and give couple fps more to them who don't need detailed water.

Or was it like this before?Sorry may have jumped the gun as usual.:o
I have no idea, but what you described as going on earlier in the alpha is "straight bullet arc til 300m" -- basically BF3-style "bullet drop" (as in only-drop-no-rising if shooting closer than the zero distance).

Invisible pilots Feedback tracker says its Fixed/resolved & thread closed?

But its not fixed at the moment. Also Invisible pilot comes with missing pilot coverall error

But its not fixed at the moment. Also Invisible pilot comes with missing pilot coverall error

It's probably not just pushed into steam yet.

This is the ticket for issue I was describing.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8055

Yep, that would be "Battlefield 3-style"; I have no issue with it being corrected since the requested change in question actually makes sense for the magnified optics, but again -- the collimators may be screwed. :p

There are multiple control issues when playing the Helicopter-Showcase with the latest Dev.-Build v0.57.105093:

Click

:)

Yes well I just played some guys mission where you have to kill a whole lot of pilots in a heli base and needless to say I got smoked because they are all the invisible man!!!

No, it's not: #8090