Have some of the new sounds been leveled (dB) correctly? The vehicle weapon sounds are earsplitting loud from inside the cockpit / cabin - try the Ka-60 minigun. I reported an issue about it, headphone users beware!

edit: NVM seen note about tweaking so probably some more work to do on this.

Edited by Mattar_Tharkari

Some observations from latest dev build:

- Have not noticed this before, but there are vehicle collision sounds now. Try crashing your offroad somewhere. I think they are also material dependent.

- No more tire screeching sounds for offroads (but the problem is still present at least on the Hunter).

- Seems like the car lights/reflectors are now working/tweaked for all all land vehicles.

- I am not seeing any performance increase for night time lighting compared to the last dev build. Have they stopped with optimizations already? I think the impact of night-time lighting is still way too severe..

- The bushes appearing and disappearing problem is still present.

- The foliage/clutter tends to blink in night-time lighting.

- The MH-9/AH-9 second LOD level is missing the skids. It looks really odd. Especially as you zoom in and the first LOD pops in with skids, zoom out and the skids will disappear.

i've noticed that rocket effects are changed.

Before

arma32013050720011963.th.jpg

After

arma32013050720310308.th.png

I am a bit worried by the latest Sitrep to be honest. I know I am probably starting to go on people's nerves by going on about the weapons accessory system and how it should be changed but with focus shifting on the Beta (even if still quite a bit off) I am getting worried that we will be stuck with the current system. It would be great if one of the devs could say something about it. Either way, it will have a significant impact on weapon modders like myself.

edit: doesnt seem so after a second start

Edited by PurePassion

Can someone just clarify something for me - is weather working in MP or is it still broken?

Tx :D

Hi, just popped in to confirm that some player textures are missing, and also for the first time I experienced some foliage disappearing issues today. Both issues can be seen in this screenshot - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15959684/2013-05-07_00001.jpg

I can confirm this. A lot of the players' textures are missing, making them look invisible. I noticed it on the pilot and some other infantry characters. Hopefully they put up a hotfix for this soon, as this totally breaks the game.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

I've also noticed that some of the sounds, like the hunter's engine, are extremely quiet. Almost to the point that you can't hear them unless the volume is turned up extremely loud.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Found another bug. When you put a silencer on any of the weapons, they no longer have a sound when shooting.

You can also hear the MH-9 engine exhaust from long distances. It's so loud that it covers the rotor sound sometimes and makes spatial positioning almost impossible.

not preventing you from getting the update ... it's just there as part of new STEAM update, everyone has password field in the STEAMclient ...

Every single time I load up the Alpha I have to enter the video options menu and press cancel to get my settings to be applied.

I use 3500 view distance and 1000 object distance, and when I first load the game the main menu is showing more along the lines of 1500 view distance instead. Once I press cancel from the video options it correctly applies my settings.

Hoping this can be hotfixed by tomorrow, just a simple little thing that is annoying lol

Has the classname of the 7.62 ammo changed?

20Rnd_762x45_Mag no longer appears in ammo boxes.

Has the classname of the 7.62 ammo changed?

20Rnd_762x45_Mag no longer appears in ammo boxes.

It's 20Rnd_762x51_Mag now.

I think suppressor sounds are missing.

I can confirm this. With sound suppressor attached there is no sound from the gun now.

And the gun sounds need tweaking. Now the sound of your own gun is really loud.

I'm not usually moved to rants, but I'm really disappointed with this mornings update.

First off... who sat at his desk, launched the game, saw 3 script and missing paa errors BEFORE the game is even loaded and said, "Yes, that's good. Release that." FFS guys.

You spent an extra couple of days making improvements and changes to the sound system. And it's shit. My RPT is FULL of missing sound errors.

Guys, I realise (and enjoy) the stuff that comes with alpha testing. So far, we get the game and we mess with it, try to break it and feedback. But right now, you're giving us a product that is in much worse condition that it was yesterday.

Not good enough.

---------- Post added at 21:15 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

It's 20Rnd_762x51_Mag now.

Thanks mate. Was this mentioned in a changelog?

Why is it that Bohemia is not fixing the slow turning of AI to face an enemy's direction? they're focused on infantry aspect and this is not being fixed?

Now the sound of your own gun is really loud.

This is good imho, after all the gun is being fired within inches of your ear.

Why is it that Bohemia is not fixing the slow turning of AI to face an enemy's direction? they're focused on infantry aspect and this is not being fixed?

Well, they aren't really focused on realistic infantry aspects. They are just focused on shooting mechanics and movement mechanics and weapons functionality when it comes to infantry. Their focus isn't that the game realistically and accurately simulate infantry structure and behavior. If they were, then they'd focus on doing things like making sure AI doesn't stop and go all the time, making sure they get immediately face the general direction of fire, making sure that subordinate commanders like squad leaders (in a platoon) and team leaders (in a platoon and squad) had full, direct control over their squads and teams. But they aren't focused on that. I personally believe that this is important to properly simulating infantry combat.

lol BI you are either the most saintly or most stupid developer in the world to put up with what you voluntarily put up with from the community by being so open!! You have my admiration :) and consider this a message of ongoing support for the great work you are doing on the game.

and consider this a message of ongoing support for the great work you are doing on the game.

we all know they're doing good work,but some things shouldnt be ignored

Edited by killerwhale

Christ's sake guys, it's a temporary step back, you all knew this would happen from time to time. Take a chill pill.

Or, change over to stable build, where you'll get the things you're moaning about back.

If we don't voice it, it will stay in the game as they might notice the bugs

lol my ArmA 3 has now totally 4,75 GB..