I don't see the reasons behind performance complaints. I ran Arma CO comfortably on a 2500K @ 5.0GHZ w/ GTX670 and do the same with A3. It's all CPU speed.

Example 1: Editor placed units

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sK06uOW0D8

Example 2: 61 player COOP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBhSXDctY-g

Example of A2CO at max everything (6950 crossfire):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F7Y6l9RYU8

Wow, good for you, you run Arma 3 just fine. I sure hope you understand that not all hardware runs the same and that this is the reason behind the performance complaints (not that hard to understand). 1) This is not the place for discussing how great your PC runs and 2) your showing video of you running the game fine doesn't help anyone here who is having issues with the latest dev build. Do you have nothing better to do?

Wow, good for you, you run Arma 3 just fine. I sure hope you understand that not all hardware runs the same and that this is the reason behind the performance complaints (not that hard to understand). 1) This is not the place for discussing how great your PC runs and 2) your showing video of you running the game fine doesn't help anyone here who is having issues with the latest dev build. Do you have nothing better to do?

^ ^ True ^ ^ :)

My performance hasn't changed a bit or not that i've noticed, several others that i play with have given up tonight because it just locks up or the fps make it unplayable.

On the plus side there are no new reports of that malicious script, I'd call it progress :D

LOL! 5.0 ghz is impressive indeed though I've never been able to get my 2500k past 4.5 stable :o

I think all feedback is important be it good or bad as it helps us better understand what helps what.

I don't see the reasons behind performance complaints. I ran Arma CO comfortably on a 2500K @ 5.0GHZ w/ GTX670 and do the same with A3. It's all CPU speed.

Are you for real?

Are you for real?

almost everyone that state the same runs with intel over 4ghz so no surprise there. still since youtube locks the framerate to 30 i would like to see a onscreen fps counter so those videos could be used as at least some sort of parameter.

Edited by white

almost everyone that state the same runs with intel over 4ghz so no surprise there. still since youtube locks the framerate to 30 i would like to see a onscreen fps counter so those videos could be used as at least some sort of parameter.

I was going to do that for you with the Helo showcase we talked about but the FPS dropped literally in half once I hit the Bandicam record button.

Two further things with the new lighting.

1 - I seem to get less frames per second while wearing NVGs. Haven't tested extensively but looks to be 20-30% worse off with NVGs on

2 - The light coming from the lighthouse near the firing range is still a yellow (ie, not green) point of light while wearing NVGs on my rig: See below

Edited by Buster0083

Two further things with the new lighting.

1 - I seem to get less frames per second while wearing NVGs. Haven't tested extensively but looks to be 20-30% worse off with NVGs on

2 - The light coming from the lighthouse near the firing range is still a yellow point of light while wearing NVGs on my rig: See below

The dev build lighting is all sorts of FUBAR so no big surprise there that you're finding some severe negative impacts in the patch.

The dev build lighting is all sorts of FUBAR so no big surprise there that you're finding some severe negative impacts in the patch.

Hence reporting, haha

Hence reporting, haha

They've been getting nonstop feedback that the lighting changes are messed up, their response has been "we know, it's a WIP" making reporting feel rather pointless right now.

When they say "okay guys, the lighting system is done find the bugs" then I think reporting on it will be worthwhile. I've given up as it just feels like 50 steps backwards, and each build has been improving it 0.1 steps forward at a time. My mind can only take so much :mad:

I don't see the reasons behind performance complaints. I ran Arma CO comfortably on a 2500K @ 5.0GHZ w/ GTX670 and do the same with A3.

The recent performance complaints are during nighttime ops with new lighting system. Daytime is fine

The newest dev build broke several "old" Arma scripts. For example the "simple vehicle respawn script" isn't working anymore. Does anyone have a good replacement for that one?

The newest dev build broke several "old" Arma scripts. For example the "simple vehicle respawn script" isn't working anymore. Does anyone have a good replacement for that one?

If you don't need to execute scripts after vehicle respawn you can just remove the setVehicleInit / processInitCommands parts and the script works again.

If you need to execute scripts then feel free to try this vehicle respawn script, i have only tested it briefly as host(we need dedicated server now please).

http://www.filedropper.com/vehiclerespawn_1

*Fixed an error, link updated*

Edited by JW Custom

Why do you complain about it, it's normal if these problem are happening, it's an alpha after all. You know the risk once you installed the game.

PS: Arma 3 is not only about Wasteland...

Not so much reality as drama. I'm not usually one to dismiss complaints with "it's an alpha!", but in this case it's justified. You can't expect everything to work 100% of the time at this stage of development.

The scripting changes are necessary and will benefit everyone in the long run. Mission/script authors will simply need to adjust to the new paradigm.

Not a complaint or drama. It's just reality. Which is what it was posted as.

Plus, A3 DnA was VERY specific in his post "we want to know how widely these are used (for legitimate purposes ). We don't use them ourselves."

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153686-Hacked-by-a-player-with-no-ID&p=2382507&viewfull=1#post2382507

If it stops hacking ... GET RID OF IT ! Simple.

QQ more about your fave mission. Get the author to re-code it to avoid the banished code.

Not a complaint or drama. It's just reality. Which is what it was posted as.

Plus, A3 DnA was VERY specific in his post "we want to know how widely these are used (for legitimate purposes ). We don't use them ourselves."

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153686-Hacked-by-a-player-with-no-ID&p=2382507&viewfull=1#post2382507

I'm sorry, but wasteland's poor code choices aren't my concern. These two commands that were removed were known to be exploited and most people have been made aware to stop using them because one day they would be disabled.

Bottom line is that BIS should NEVER have had them in there to begin with. Nobody should have had the opportunity to make a bad choice.

Bottom line is that BIS should NEVER have had them in there to begin with. Nobody should have had the opportunity to make a bad choice.

Alpha phases are when programming "bad choices" are made.

Food for thought: Most of the time when it comes to games the public never gets to see said alpha mistakes... getting to see them (or rather, having to put up with them while they're ongoing if you're playing) is why you get a nearly-half-price discount compared to the Q3 2013 release. :p

Likewise, using dev build is itself a trade-off as well.

Food for thought: Most of the time when it comes to games the public never gets to see said alpha mistakes... getting to see them (or rather, having to put up with them while they're ongoing if you're playing) is why you get a nearly-half-price discount compared to the Q3 2013 release. :p

Likewise, using dev build is itself a trade-off as well.

Lets hope Bohemia dont take this to heart, and stop giving us such goodies such as alpha and beta. Lord knows I would have closed this alpha long ago and had a "large" private alpha and bugger the the community at large.

Pffft, I like to think that the current course (Steamworks integration and Arma being created as a sandbox game primarily) is here to stay, and I've tended to feel that without a public alpha and "the community at large", no one from the selected private testers would have even thought to try and use said exploit, which (as in previous years) would have led to the security hole remaining open.

Less optimistically, the odds of this vulnerability having remained into final release without a public alpha range from "probable" to "almost certain".