Wasn't there also video evidence that countered the 'faster-than-light turning speed' argument?

No. Unless it was from some science fiction movie. This argument is connected to sprinting not standing FYI. Can't sprint, turn 180 in 0.1 seconds and immediately go the other way.

From what I recall the plan/rule is that stamina recovery only occurs at walk, while combat pace, jog and sprint have differing levels/amounts of stamina depletion.

Not what occurs though as the few squads I ran with last night were all taken cover behind rocks and waiting to catch breath.You could just just lower your weapon and run a little slower to replenish back some stamina but that is not how the devs decided to go.Screw it then lets just run the whole way to objective.:p

I did a vid comparison earlier. The results were:

Crouch:

4% faster in A3

Run:

5% slower in A3

Tactical Pace:

30% slower in A3

Sprint:

5% faster in A3

You should compare by measurement via ingame scripting. A video is not exactly precise. :)

I'd say the margin of error is pretty close to the actual differences, and no one's going to notice a 5% change in either direction, so being super accurate is pointless.

did the MXM get changed to 6,5m ammo in the dev branch? because thats what it uses now on my server, but still needs a 7mm silencer..

Regarding the running speeds I agree with Wolfstriked. There was nothing wrong with the original sprint speed of 24 km/h. That's a four minute mile - which considering it can only be maintained for 30 seconds ingame is nowhere close to unreasonable. The main issue for me was that the animation looked unnatural because the character was just taking quicker strides rathee than longer ones. Also, most people are forgetting that encumbrance and terrain gradient speed penalties haven't been implemented yet, so by final release all the current movement rates will only apply for unencumbered characters running over level ground.

... one that made it into stable build 0.54.103957 despite having been reported for multiple dev builds and having been assigned to pettka before this. :(

As far as the movement speeds, I believe part of the reason for all the arguments is that without such encumbrance/terrain gradient penalties to movement speed or stamina implemented, the infantry combat in the alpha would not representative of a "live" combat situation with the current default loadouts.

The other thing is, at E3 2012 Jay Crowe mentioned encumbrance penalties to sprint duration, aiming accuracy and accuracy recovery time, but nothing about movement speed penalties from encumbrance or terrain gradient, so (as has been said elsewhere) it's uncertain what is actually a "dev team consensus" intentional situation, what may well be one dev's test-run-idea, what may be "intentional but amenable to tweaking"...

I dont know if it has already been mentioned, but it seems that there is a bug with the nightvision.

Before activating NV:

feio7jnf.jpg

After activating NV + switching back to normal view, the image is darker than before:

gnpcode2.jpg

Same here in camera mode, before & after:

it3zjfno.jpg

lgca8xug.jpg

In the camera mode is due the fact the the game is paused and the "aperture" don't change - set the acctime to 1 and it should go back to normal.

In-game, dunno.

The insta vision ajust when taking NV on\off is intended, WIP or bug?

Are you also missing parts of the harbor?

And do you get false positioning of a rifle stored on the back when being in the left-sided prone position and moving to the left as well?

This tweaking is great and hat's of to BIS but when are we going to start getting the DEV optimization update's to try ? Multi core support :confused:

This tweaking is great and hat's of to BIS but when are we going to start getting the DEV optimization update's to try ? Multi core support :confused:

Short answer: never.

Long answer: at this stage in engine development it is highly unlikely that they will be able to increase engine multithreading significantly, and I would expect much less in the way of performance improvements going from Alpha to even Gold by way of multithreading. You're more likely to see optimizations like the recent fog change, which yielded a few frames per second.

I was playing a quick Action MP mission in Agia Marina this morning after an update to the DEV. version. and I had a MATRIX Moment..

There is a Two story building on the southern road of agia marina on the southern side. It is second house in from the "T" intersection.

It was attached to the one story building to the east. Now there is an ally between the two. It was rather surreal, because I was the only one that noticed.. Everyone was calling me crazy.

And the one story that had been moved, now filled the gap in a concrete wall which was previously open to walk threw. After I took it all in it made sence, but like I said no one believed me that it was different before.. so. I felt rather strange for a sec.

Stratis environmental settings tweaked: lighting (night and underwater), fog, haze, colors

Sometimes I wish these changelog entries could be less vague. :D

Sounds like some lighting-related bugs could be fixed, for example #2645, but I can't check right now.

EDIT: I'm also excited to see if AI behaviour on bridges has really been fixed (#2887). Seems almost too good to be true after all these years. :p

Edited by MadDogX

EDIT: I'm also excited to see if AI behaviour on bridges has really been fixed (#2887). Seems almost too good to be true after all these years. :p

Just tested it. Its fixed. Weeee! :)

Testing was done with an Hunter on Agia Marina bridge.

Just got an update from steam and my game keeps crashing I got a pop up about a runway.p3d(known issue posted in changelog). then 3 seconds later my game crashes..

run steam as admin and try again, the crash is not related to the runway error.

Is anyone else seeing the stars and moon completely bright like this missing any kind of detailed texture?

Nope. What time of day and which location is that?

EDIT: Also, the sky at night is now looking much more like a deep dark blue than the previous black. Are you sure you're on the latest dev build?

Is anyone else seeing the stars and moon completely bright like this missing any kind of detailed texture?

Looks like overblown post-process.

Yes, I'm using the steam dev branch and the problem hasn't occured before. They appear at any given location. PP is on very high, however they are also persistent with PP completely off.

I did some tests and it seems like they suddenly change after ~21:30 hours and then continue being like that until ~02:30 hours in the morning and then switch back to how they are supposed to look like.

Edited by PurePassion

Yes, I'm using the steam dev branch and the problem hasn't occured before. They appear at any given location. PP is on very high, however they are also persistent with PP completely off.

I did some tests and it seems like they suddenly change after ~21:30 hours and then continue being like that until ~02:30 hours in the morning and then switch back to how they are supposed to look like.

Hmm. I think there is generally quite a bit of work going on in the lighting department of ArmA 3. Hence lights in "low-light" situations are not actually lighting anything (haven't checked that status since recent alpha update though). So I guess things that glow or light up are going to be in some amount of flux for a while.

the night is very bright (and blue) with the new dev build (too bright IMO). also lights (street lights, etc) don't seem to actually light up stuff at night