we still have that annoying bug, when you exit the map and press W to move forward, the character starts running and controls become unresponsive, the only thing that helps is when you press Spacebar, the character starts to change weaps and stops running, it's easily reproduced

That's not the correct way to reproduce this problem. The problem comes from having your weapon lowered and pressing right click to pull up the sights. This brings the weapon up but forces you to keep moving forward until you swap weapons. Very annoying bug that I'm sure has a ticket somewhere for and needs to be addressed.

The new fog effect is a dramatic improvemenet over the old one. I also seem to get better performance overall. Well done!

Also, although the EBR was rechambered to 7.62 x 51 mm NATO, the filename for the magazines was still "20Rnd_762x45_mag", has that changed as well?

Also the EBR is listed as an assault rifle in-game inventory while its listed as Marksman rifle in editor screen.

i can also confirm better performance with this new update, feels smoother

That's not the correct way to reproduce this problem. The problem comes from having your weapon lowered and pressing right click to pull up the sights. This brings the weapon up but forces you to keep moving forward until you swap weapons. Very annoying bug that I'm sure has a ticket somewhere for and needs to be addressed.

yep, sorry, you're right!

Edited by gpha5e

Confirmed peformance increase here as well, flew the helo showcase and from mike 26 looking to the airbase I was getting over 20 fps with 8K+ viewdistance and very high settings overall. (yay I can use higher settings for objects now)

So I'd say very epic.

Some notes and questions about 0.55.103960:

1) Using EBR 7.62mm with iron sights, it is almost impossible to hit small targets that are less than 100m away when sights are zeroed to the minimum 100m. You have to aim several degrees above target to hit it, so the target is optically blocked by sight. Shouldn't there be a zeroing option for 50m, or should the aim be adjusted again as it was in recent ticket? I also think that more zeroing values should be added, at least a value for 200m. Try placing some of those orange traffic pylons (see shot below) at 50m intervals downrange, and try to hit them with EBR iron sights. Good luck! :(

abe14c248358598.jpg

2) The EBR is an American designated marksman rifle AFAIK. Is there a scope for this weapon, and, if so, where do I find it? I searched all blufor/opfor crates and can't find any. In fact, I can't find any scopes of any kind in any crate. The crates look HIGHLY like WIP to me, and I had a crash using inventory to switch weapons yesterday. Since the sights are zeroable up to 800m for sniping, I assume there should be a scope. Do I have to find the classname and add it manually? Since the EBR is an American weapon, why is it in the opfor "red" crate? Or is the A3A EBR not the same as this EBR?

3) Same with trg-21. In inventory a white scope shape appears on weapon, but no scope is available. How do I get one?

4) For blufor "Marksman" unit, the default weapon is the MXM 6.5mm rifle. This weapon cannot be zeroed, as it is locked at 300m. Shouldn't a scoped EBR be the preferred marksman rifle?

5) Mouse steering of vehicles is terrible compared to ArmA 2. Perhaps this deprecation of mouse steering functionality is intended, or I need to massively tweak my mouse sensitivity, or change some other control setting? Such tweaking was unnecessary in A2, in which mouse steering was perfect in terms of vehicle control. Keyboard keys must be used for sensible steering in A3A. After getting used to super-accurate and fluid mouse steering in A2, it is a major drag to have use the more clunky KB controls in this futuristic game.

animations seem stable, fog seems solid cant say much on the FPS side of things as my processor is an old core 2 quad but my gfx is a 7970 so id say performance gain is noticed all thing considered.

Edited by xgp0006

1) Using EBR 7.62mm with iron sights, it is almost impossible to hit small targets that are less than 100m away when sights are zeroed to the minimum 100m. You have to aim several degrees above target to hit it, so the target is optically blocked by sight. Shouldn't there be a zeroing option for 50m, or should the aim be adjusted again as it was in recent ticket? I also think that more zeroing values should be added, at least a value for 200m. Try placing some of those orange traffic pylons (see shot below) at 50m intervals downrange, and try to hit them with EBR iron sights. Good luck! :(

http://thumbnails108.imagebam.com/24836/abe14c248358598.jpg

2) The EBR is an American designated marksman rifle AFAIK. Is there a scope for this weapon, and, if so, where do I find it? I searched all blufor/opfor crates and can't find any. In fact, I can't find any scopes of any kind in any crate. The crates look HIGHLY like WIP to me, and I had a crash using inventory to switch weapons yesterday. Since the sights are zeroable up to 800m for sniping, I assume there should be a scope. Do I have to find the classname and add it manually? Since the EBR is an American weapon, why is it in the opfor "red" crate? Or is the A3A EBR not the same as this EBR?

3) Same with trg-21. In inventory a white scope shape appears on weapon, but no scope is available. How do I get one?

4) For blufor "Marksman" unit, the default weapon is the MXM 6.5mm rifle. This weapon cannot be zeroed, as it is locked at 300m. Shouldn't a scoped EBR be the preferred marksman rifle?

5) Mouse steering of vehicles is terrible compared to ArmA 2. Perhaps this deprecation of mouse steering functionality is intended, or I need to massively tweak my mouse sensitivity, or change some other control setting? Such tweaking was unnecessary in A2, in which mouse steering was perfect in terms of vehicle control. Keyboard keys must be used for sensible steering in A3A. After getting used to super-accurate and fluid mouse steering in A2, it is a major drag to have use the more clunky KB controls in this futuristic game.

http://feedback.arma3.com/ - let the votes begin :icon_twisted:

Hi all, in Development edition i looked up the animations, and i found some cool ones, like carrying a wounded soldier, optics and attachements assembly dissasembly, sprint strafing and so on. Those animations currenlty does not appear in game. Will those animations be used in future?

It looks like there are some bugs with zeroing, sometimes I find impossible to hit something in 10 meters or less. Some other times, at distance, the bullet drop has a very random behaviour. Maybe because the zeroing is still work in progress for hand weapons or because of the close impact detection they added.

Also, I dont know why they felt the urge to rework some well made things that were in ArmA 2, like mouse steering or recoil/sway...

Jman;2370323']For info.

As of: 11-04-2013

EXE rev. 103960

Some class names have been renamed. Here are two I've come across whilst updating missions:

RoadBarrier_long -> RoadBarrier_F

RoadCone -> RoadCone_F

Yes. We really need to know more when class names change.

Unfortunately to my knowledge no conventional long guns (that is, the exception being the SDAR) zero to less than 100 meters... have you tried aiming low?
The crash was due to a recent issue with the build that was affecting other weapons besides the EBR, but when planting an OPFOR Marksman, his EBR comes with an ARCO scope attached already. Otherwise though, yes, you have to manually add the scope to the unit init, i.e.:
this addPrimaryWeaponItem "optic_Arco"

Or:

this addPrimaryWeaponItem "optic_Hamr"

Use the classname lists such as this to find the desired scope's classname.

This seems to be a graphical error on the TRG-20 and TRG-21/EGLM inventory images, as you can "remove" the white scope shape by attaching and then removing a scope, which you can pick up from any other source by which you might normally get one, i.e. from a crate if it has one, or by the aforementioned manually adding it using its classname.
You're mistaken; the scope is what is locked, the MXM's iron sights are adjustable (100, 300, 400, 600 and 800 m). Also, previously the MXM was in 7.62 mm but in the dev builds it became 6.5 mm ... although oddly enough, for several dev builds now it's still only taking the 7.62 mm sound suppressor.

Still waiting on the 7.62 mm mag to either have its tooltip changed back to 7.62 x 45 mm or for the classname to be changed to reflect the tooltip of 7.62 x 51 mm NATO...

Edited by Chortles

the ebr zeros perfekt up to 300m if you set it to 800m, then it alings perfect with the ironsight for short ranges, if you want to shoot any further, go upside down^^

I was waiting fore more stable version and fired up A3 after the 230 MB update again.

First thing I noticed, cause I wanted this for a looong time and it wasn't even in in the first A3 Alpha release is a lower weapon stance for pistols. YAY.

Second I am not sure about seems more like a bug to me is.

The rifle of the first infantry man you get to choose in editor to test or build stuff:

When you shoot at distance the shot doesn't land where you aimed but like 15-20 cms above at 150m range. It seems to me as if the recoil comes to soon or the bullet is that slow which it shouldn't.

Right now the bullet seems to leave the barrel while it is kickung up from recoil. That can't be right.

This needs further testing with other weapons from more experienced testers.

Sidenote: I wasn't standing and the aim didn't move cause I wasn't holding breath or anything, fired a few shots from prone with hold breath at a target roughly 150 meters away.

When you shoot at distance the shot doesn't land where you aimed but like 15-20 cms above at 150m range. It seems to me as if the recoil comes to soon or the bullet is that slow which it shouldn't.

Right now the bullet seems to leave the barrel while it is kickung up from recoil. That can't be right.

This is because the weapon sights are zeroed at 300 m. AFAIK it's currently default 300 for all weapons across the board. That means that at 300 m, your shot will land where you aim, any closer and it will impact high, any further and it will impact low. As far as your bullet having a delayed impact, it's because the bullet has to travel that distance; it's not instantaneous.

As far as the dev build goes, one of my favorite aspects of the build is the current switching of shoulders along with modified stance when you step out. It definitely fulfills the practical purpose of left handed dexterity, and the way the dev build currently handles it, maintaining right "strong hand" on the pistol grip while shooting from the left shoulder is a realistic and, although less common than actually switching dexterity, an applied technique.

Edited by jetset22a

You're mistaken; the scope is what is locked, the MXM's iron sights are adjustable (100, 300, 400, 600 and 800 m).

Thanks, Chortles, for the useful info! Shouldn't the MXM scope also be zeroable? Is it a bug that it is locked at 300m? It is difficult for me to discern if some feature is a bug, missing content that will be added, missing content that won't be added, something I don't understand yet, etc.

Thanks, Chortles, for the useful info! Shouldn't the MXM scope also be zeroable? Is it a bug that it is locked at 300m? It is difficult for me to discern if some feature is a bug, missing content that will be added, missing content that won't be added, something I don't understand yet, etc.

this is a simplified explanation how rl zeroing work. At least how it work on AR15 rifles.

Notice, 50 and 200 yards has same point of impact. Same true for 30x300 itc...

xuhqpttxnv.jpg

this is a simplified explanation how rl zeroing work. At least how it work on AR15 rifles.

http://www.box.net/shared/static/xuhqpttxnv.jpg

The second thing is what happens with GLs and probably HMG mounted in vehicles. Really, take an Hunter or Ifrit and set the zeroing to almost maximum (the max value was shooting straight last time I checked) the barrel is pointing forward but the grenade goes almost straight up.

Don't know if is possible or worth to fix this.

Thanks for the cool diagram. I assume that explains why there is currently no 200m zeroing setting? But still, shouldn't there be either a 50m OR 200m setting?

When 0.54 default branch ? 0.55 has begun.

It will be nice to have the default branch updates just before the week-ends.

Yeah! And no eye is that giant.

Sorry to Smookie(the animations dev) as he had to change the sprint speeds from many complaints on boards but I have to say it....I feel the running speed is now too slow.When crouched/running and you sprint it looks and feels like faster movement.When your standing/running and you then sprint its barely perceptible.Where before I felt like I was under fire and sprinting to avoid danger now it feels like a slightly faster run speed and I think RUN DAMMIT!!

That diagram is misleading. Trajectory out to 200yds is extrmely flat. It's not a high arcing potato cannon.
No AR15 barrel is 25 yards either, i call BS on that diagram :rolleyes:

Hard to tell if you guys are being serious. Just to be sure: the diagram is obviously exaggerated and not to scale.

You can find many others like it on the internet, for example:

20158d1238567400-very-technical-m4-vs-m16-question-trajectory.jpg.