Are you low on disk space?

Depends on what low is defined as. I only have 16GB Left at the moment on my Arma Hard drive.

Depends on what low is defined as. I only have 16GB Left at the moment on my Arma Hard drive.

That should be plenty enough, could be a Steam issue then.

Got this message in rpt with official build caused by vehicle spawning script:

Cannot create non-ai vehicle B_Boat_Armed_01_hmg_F

What could cause the vehicle not to spawn? Most of the time the same script spawn boats normally.

Edit: Sorry nevermind, seems like I had outdated classname forgotten in very rarely triggering function. :S

Edited by SaOk

The wronginverse matrix was used for AI

This caused some discrepanciesbetween fire geometry and hit points while soldiers were inmotion

This resulted inthem appearing too 'resistant' to being shot (e.g. headshots would not be detected correctly)

Well I'll be damned.

So now you found the reason why sometimes bullets would go through AI without doing damage?

Wouldn't it be easier making missions and content, if there weren't any faction restrictions.

This is mainly about the issues with non interchangeable uniforms, limited possibilities in making maps and something that I see quite often, not being able to enter a vehicle with a different faction unit in it.

A scenario as example: You have captured a enemy. Now you need to transport him somewhere. Whats also been happening lately, if a soldier mistakingly kills a civilian or friendly, theres issues with him getting into the same vehicle.

Faction restrictions also complicate hostage maps and many other scenarios. When a player dies, he changes to faction: civilian, which sometimes complicate things for Tvt's.

Wouldn't it be easier for everyone, if all the combatants and civilians, be of one side, but still obviously called Opfor and Blufor and if you make a map, there can be a module you place down and sync, all troops to then place, which side they are enemies to. Or may be a drop down menu. Or like the case of independent, just a selection. Then for TvT's where scoring doesn't matter, you can make everyone the same team. The system doesnt need to know if youve shot a friendly or not. You know. And if you want the system to know. Place the module and make them enemies. Triggers you can sync to a group, so it doesnt need to check side. If, in a tvt, you make everyone the same team, you can capture and transport hostages, interact and medic enemy troops, look through their gear etc. In bigger AI scenarios, you can have enemy fight enemy if you have a crazy storyline going.

For big maps with 100's of enemies you can sync all troops in trigger area. Or select an option that, Opfor enemy to Blufor. Most of these use enemy spawning scripts anyways, maby 1 line at the top before spawning enemies: All Blufor enemy Opfor.

Its a very cumbersome system and my idea are probably not the best, but surely there can be something better, just to get civilians or opfor to get in the same vehicle as blufor?

(O my hat, i just noticed, this is posted in completely the wrong place, can a moderator please move this to the appropriate place):o

Edited by Zeppelin33

The heavy crashing (around every 10min) was caused by animals that were put in civilian groups (so could use domove for them). The same function didnt cause crashing in official build (except if having some mods enabled strangely). Could the animals (as agents) also cause the more rare physX-crashes (occuring once in 1-4 hours)? Updated my ticket with functions to spawn wandering/following animals that caused the heavy crashing in dev-version:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19229

Edited by SaOk

I just noticed something that might be a big problem. I wonder if anyone else has this problem.

I had a clump of soldiers in a small area, I attempted to walk through the crowd but couldn't. For instance, I had 2 units in a line. There was a space between them that was about 1 soldier apart. Even though I could (should) fit in between them I couldn't. It was like an invisible wall between them.

This is a huge problem. You can't touch another unit. I can't walk shoulder to shoulder with one. I have to stay a few feet away. This means that you have to walk single file in alleys even though there is room. I couldn't put 2 snipers in a window of a building.

Has anyone else noticed this?

looking at the new updates im struck by how responsive BIS is being in addressing concerns. shows huge determination.

Added: Pedals and collective of all helicopters animate correctly

Hellcat [Green]: no animations at all

Hellcat [Camo]: copilot has pedal and collective animations but his limbs wont move with them

Mohawk: cyclic left/right is still reversed

Blackfoot: gunner doesn't have pedal anims and they are reversed with the pilot

On the others they work fine :cool:

My overall vision of the game and its current evolution is positive, but my criticism on the system of damage to the vehicles is very negative. For me, from my point of view the game serious level +10 if possible change the damage system of vehicles to a harder system damage, example: a tank does not explode immediately after receiving a critical hit, but after a series of events, eg:

1 critical hit disables the vehicle.

2 curtain gradual appearance of smoke.

3 start of a gradual fire.

4 and last a reasonable time after the vehicle can explode.

Just my point of view,

writing is 100% translated with google, sorry

Yes I agree with the above point.

What car explodes from crashing?

Maybe if you are driving a car at 300kmh and it goes flying off a cliff or something fine, but if you are driving on a road and crash there shouldnt be a instant explosion.

Too many times I have lost a mission because our vehicle gave no indication it was about to explode, even though nothing hit the fuel tank. (it just crashed)

Devs think for a minute, why are your cars exploding? The answer is because you thought it looked cool, and never changed it. ;)

Fixed: Launcher crashed when launching Arma 3

Fixed: Launcher crashes after click on Play button in Steam Dev version

weird, the launcher still crashes for me when i click play.

My overall vision of the game and its current evolution is positive, but my criticism on the system of damage to the vehicles is very negative. For me, from my point of view the game serious level +10 if possible change the damage system of vehicles to a harder system damage, example: a tank does not explode immediately after receiving a critical hit, but after a series of events, eg:

1 critical hit disables the vehicle.

2 curtain gradual appearance of smoke.

3 start of a gradual fire.

4 and last a reasonable time after the vehicle can explode.

Just my point of view,

writing is 100% translated with google, sorry

In 99% of cases, vehicles should not explode at all. Simply not. Period.

Is there any ETA on non-workshop mods support for the launcher?

Yay!

The "b_soldier_01.p3d" load the vanilla textures on for the pants see here:

http://abload.de/img/screenshot6610j5ef7.png

The "b_soldier_03.p3d" (short shleeves) works fine, as you can see at the picture.

i found no way to fix this issue.

Since this breaks every retexture mod out there using the NATO Uniforms i hope it gets adressed ASAP.

----

Tracker Ticket: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20179

----

Edited by Vasilyevich

Is there any ETA on non-workshop mods support for the launcher?

Yay!

yes, this would make it useful . right now i cannot use it to also launch cba which my scripts and a number of addons need. so its pointless right now

Edited by twisted

the old wooden door is much to loud and has to much low freq. the other door sounds are good as far i used them.

yes, this would make it useful . right now i cannot use it to also launch cba which my scripts and a number of addons need. so its pointless right now

You can actually. Go to the basic tab. Check the mods checkbox and fill in all the mods you want to start.

oh, thanks I'll try that. still not as conveneint but if its doable then thats cool.

The "b_soldier_01.p3d" load the vanilla textures on for the pants see here:

http://abload.de/img/screenshot6610j5ef7.png

The "b_soldier_03.p3d" (short shleeves) works fine, as you can see at the picture.

i found no way to fix this issue.

Since this breaks every retexture mod out there using the NATO Uniforms i hope it gets adressed ASAP.

----

Tracker Ticket: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20179

----

A rogue camo selection went AWOL. Should be fixed in the next dev build. Thank you for reporting, and please let me know in case it would not work soon-ish.

Any way to disable door sounds?

As good as they are and as much as I like them I doubt that a specop unit would slam doors when infiltrating a hostile village.

I had requested the press vest to get hiddenSelections and somebody did it the next day, thank you.

I just noticed an issue though. Please verify the hiddenSelection is setup in every view LOD. I noticed from a distance that the vest turn blue again (default texture).

Thanks

Anybody else getting these pop up errors? I verified files but they persist:

Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgAnimationSourceSounds/RollDoorsSound/DoorMovementDone.sound1 0.5'.
Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array
Warning Message: Config: 'sound' array does not have 4 entries.
Cannot evaluate '' - no file
Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgAnimationSourceSounds/RollDoorsSound/OpenTheDoor.sound1 0.5'.
Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgAnimationSourceSounds/RollDoorsSound/SlamTheDoor.sound1 0.5'.
Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgAnimationSourceSounds/RollDoorsSound/DoorMovementDone.sound1 0.5'.
Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgAnimationSourceSounds/RollDoorsSound/OpenTheDoor.sound1 0.5'.
Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgAnimationSourceSounds/RollDoorsSound/SlamTheDoor.sound1 0.5'.