ignore this comment

This issue is by far the most critical issue for the devs before release. I can't believe the community hasn't rallied behind this. ArmA3's launch will be a failure if this comment continues to be ignored.

This issue is by far the most critical issue for the devs before release. I can't believe the community hasn't rallied behind this. ArmA3's launch will be a failure if this comment continues to be ignored.

Hey, sorry if this has been stated/discussed. But someone said that we are getting Lemnos in the Dev Branch earlier... is that still the current state? Or is it 100% coming only in full-release, for everyone at the same time?

Around Gamescom, Altis (aka Lemnos) will premiere on the dev branch.

When's GamesCon?

Sigh.

Blackfoot manual fire is broken. Doesn't fire any weapons.

At the ammo box, I go through a reload animation everytime I take a magazine.

Yes the blackfoot has guided rockets, and yes i'm sure rockets can be considered missles but then that means all rockets are missles and that defeats the point that was being made. The Kajman has more rockets, 38, blackfoot 24. The kajman has 8 Air to surface missles while the Blackfoot has 4 Air to air missles, which can be used on ground targets.

Since the original comment said one heli built for toughness and the other for it's lethality, the Kajman is both. I'm sure the types of missles will change as this moves on. I think that this may still be a dev branch topic though.

Will bi fix the locking on the air to air missles to only lock on air targets? I thought they did that with OA. It will probably get tweaked a little once fixed wing come out. Right now air to air missles aren't as high a priority.

Anyway this is mostly all off topic so maybe we should get back on topic.

Speaking of back on topic, was there and update today? There is only one fix on the changelog page.

Tankbuster is semi correct. Manual fire only works for rockets and missles and not gun. on blackfoot.

Edited by Victim9l3

Well, I'm not really sure what some of you are talking about w/regards to the Comanche having guided A2G missiles, I play the game daily on CTI and it doesn't lock on anything on the ground. The MI48 works just fine and is a tank of a heli. Someone mentioned the Comanche "tech"...what tech? You can lock onto a Comanche with AA just as easily as if it were any other heli...the stealth concept is not implemented in this game. Not to mention that helis are so damn slow now...miss them from a version back when they were faster and more useful.

Guess I'll have to wait for Benny to include an option to change load-outs on helis....*sigh

As for the BLUFOR APCs...they are severely nerfed..Someone mentioned one APC has heavy armor and thus slow, I have no problems blowing it up with a shoulder fired AT launcher...there goes that theory.

It's easier with Comanche to lose AA rockets with flares and it's harder to see it on IR cam and that's all. Comanche has guided rockets....

The Kajman has more rockets, 38, blackfoot 24.

Yeah, but those 24 rockets can lock onto a vehicle and they're more powerful than the Skyfires.

As for the BLUFOR APCs...they are severely nerfed..Someone mentioned one APC has heavy armor and thus slow, I have no problems blowing it up with a shoulder fired AT launcher...there goes that theory.

What launcher did you use, the PCML/RPG or the Titan?

Well, I'm not really sure what some of you are talking about w/regards to the Comanche having guided A2G missiles, I play the game daily on CTI and it doesn't lock on anything on the ground. The MI48 works just fine and is a tank of a heli. Someone mentioned the Comanche "tech"...what tech? You can lock onto a Comanche with AA just as easily as if it were any other heli...the stealth concept is not implemented in this game. Not to mention that helis are so damn slow now...miss them from a version back when they were faster and more useful.

Guess I'll have to wait for Benny to include an option to change load-outs on helis....*sigh

Those 24 DAGR missiles are guided, but laser guided. That's why you couldn't lock them.

Has anyone else lost their stance indicator? I have permanent Hud info o.n, and the thing doesn't show up when I change stance

Has anyone else lost their stance indicator? I have permanent Hud info o.n, and the thing doesn't show up when I change stance

In single or multiplayer? I was today in multiplayer and I didn't have it but I just tested in one server and there was some other custom indicator so that's probably the reason. No problem with SP and one coop I tested myself in LAN.

Also guys who are talking about locking DAGR. You can lock them just like before as a pilot or gunner with "Lock or Zoom" key. If I remember right the key has changed to T some time ago.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Those 24 DAGR missiles are guided, but laser guided. That's why you couldn't lock them.

You can lock DAGRs, but you can't lock the AA missiles to ground vehicles.

You can lock DAGRs, but you can't lock the AA missiles to ground vehicles.

I have trouble getting the AA missiles to lock on flying targets. :(

I have trouble getting the AA missiles to lock on flying targets. :(

AFAIK you can lock them on at max 30 meters.

Till last update, i could pick up magazines from crates simply by rightclick (its better than drag&drop). Only on the first magazine in slot, a reload animation was played. Now on every magazine.

I don't like it.

21629-trollface-meme-jackie-chan-s.png

In single or multiplayer? I was today in multiplayer and I didn't have it but I just tested in one server and there was some other custom indicator so that's probably the reason. No problem with SP and one coop I tested myself in LAN.

Also guys who are talking about locking DAGR. You can lock them just like before as a pilot or gunner with "Lock or Zoom" key. If I remember right the key has changed to T some time ago.

It was SP. Dev branch, no mods.

Hey, sorry if this has been stated/discussed. But someone said that we are getting Lemnos in the Dev Branch earlier... is that still the current state? Or is it 100% coming only in full-release, for everyone at the same time?

On the last youtube video they said we are going to get the drones this week!

Yes the blackfoot has guided rockets, and yes i'm sure rockets can be considered missles but then that means all rockets are missles and that defeats the point that was being made. The Kajman has more rockets, 38, blackfoot 24. The kajman has 8 Air to surface missles while the Blackfoot has 4 Air to air missles, which can be used on ground targets.

Since the original comment said one heli built for toughness and the other for it's lethality, the Kajman is both. I'm sure the types of missles will change as this moves on. I think that this may still be a dev branch topic though.

Will bi fix the locking on the air to air missles to only lock on air targets? I thought they did that with OA. It will probably get tweaked a little once fixed wing come out. Right now air to air missles aren't as high a priority.

Anyway this is mostly all off topic so maybe we should get back on topic.

Speaking of back on topic, was there and update today? There is only one fix on the changelog page.

Tankbuster is semi correct. Manual fire only works for rockets and missles and not gun. on blackfoot.

CSAT pushed NATO back to the island of Altis/Lemnos so it make sense CSAT has the superior weapons and vehicles.

Hi, got an bug again.

If i change my speech of the chacacter i've created it doesn't work. Theres always the shitty first speech of the character InGame =(

Why the speech wouldn't be changed?

This bug has been reported on the tracker and acknowledged by the devs. It's not just the player character, all AI have the same voice "Marc" just at different pitches.