Can any of you devs (RiE ?) elaborate a bit on what is going on with the carrying capacity ?

The system is bit unfinished, meaning that players could carry a fairly unreasonable amount of gear.

We need to configure the capacity of the packs and the weight of the items to better reflect reality.

Best,

RiE

Further improvements to carrying capacity are in progress - can't notice anything for now, maybe after further testing :P
Well, what testing are you doing?

Ironically, I believe that Wasteland by Sa-Matra is actually one of the ways to gauge carrying capacity values, since it actually lists them for a character's worn "containers" (uniform, vest and backpack) in the Player Menu.

The system is bit unfinished, meaning that players could carry a fairly unreasonable amount of gear.

We need to configure the capacity of the packs and the weight of the items to better reflect reality.

So how much of the current state is supposed to be a placeholder that can be mass-replaced like radio protocols like you previously mentioned in the thread, and what exactly is unfinished about the current system?

BTR-K and Marid have still bugged commander view

also Titan optic view is bugged too - in some directions it goes black and you cant see anything

Edited by RobertHammer

how about trees still making cars/apc, even tracked armor fly or flip? still being tweaked on i hope :D

edited because flipping is currently the main problem..

Edited by blackmailer

That is great news! Thanks a lot! The carrying capacity was one of my major gripes up to now (which you probably guess from how often I brought it up, hehe)

So how much of the current state is supposed to be a placeholder that can be mass-replaced like radio protocols like you previously mentioned in the thread, and what exactly is unfinished about the current system?

It's not comparable. Radio protocol structure is 'final', it's drag and drop of data to extend it (ok, also few rogue programmer-dependent tweaks, too).

Capacity is more of a moving target that needs to be carefully tested, and one of our designers has this assigned as his current task. Making him the official Senior Cat Herder atm.

I'd find it difficult to estimate how many cats he's herded so far - and how many might have escaped - but I trust that it is at least moving in the right direction.

Best,

RiE

As long as no more than 2 rockets can be carried for Titan (that includes the one in the tube) it will be realistic enough

Since Titan + those two rockets are already ~30 kgs.

It's not comparable. Radio protocol structure is 'final', it's drag and drop of data to extend it (ok, also few rogue programmer-dependent tweaks, too).

By the way, there's 8 voices, and the first four seem to be the same as the second four, is that intentional ?

By the way, there's 8 voices, and the first four seem to be the same as the second four, is that intentional ?

please read one of my posts on the other page RIE has answered this mate :)

2 pages back i believe from this post

As long as no more than 2 rockets can be carried for Titan (that includes the one in the tube) it will be realistic enough

Since Titan + those two rockets is already ~30 kgs.

We tried just now, and you can carry four (three in carryall, one in the launcher) which is indeed still too much (Used to be 4+1 in the launcher and still capacity left, though).

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

please read one of my posts on the other page RIE has answered this mate :)

Right :| Temporary blindness on my part, I guess...

We tried just now, and you can carry four (three in carryall, one in the launcher) which is indeed still too much (Used to be 4+1 in the launcher and still capacity left, though).

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Right :| Temporary blindness on my part, I guess...

I would also take into account their size guys ;), not only weight. Put them on the ground and then compare them to the backpack.

Seems like it?
The data is currently duplicated so that we have the structure in place, and we just need to mass-replace when the samples are prepared.

We've got 4 new US and 3 new Euro voices in the pipeline, in addition to the first Euro voice in game now.

I would not expect to have any new UK in the release (aside from Male00) :cool:

That's why I posed my own question the way I did re: how "placeholder" is the current carrying capacity system and how so.

does anyone else want to create their own protocol haha :P is this even possible

RoyaltyinExile, is there a plan to retain the Men (Support) class that has the Assistant AA and Assistant AT units, or are they to be phased out?

does anyone else want to create their own protocol haha :P is this even possible

Yeah, that would be great, but imagine having to record like...everything...that would last for hours, if not even days. I think it is possible, but it could be difficult to implement.

RoyaltyinExile, is there a plan to retain the Men (Support) class that has the Assistant AA and Assistant AT units, or are they to be phased out?

Why wouldn't they be retained? It's not like there isn't enough units in the regular "Men" class.

Yeah, that would be great, but imagine having to record like...everything...that would last for hours, if not even days. I think it is possible, but it could be difficult to implement.

i would actually sit down for hours on end recording all of that haha (even if it was a work in progress project for each one of us be worth it in the long run)

on the plus side if you got bored with it simply change to a preset speaker voice and some other AI can have yours ;)

MP wise it would be a great laugh

still be interesting if a dev (RIE?) could specify if it was do able or if there was someway they could implement something that could make it do-able.

:D

The recording would probably be the easy bit, it's the config wrangling that would be a nightmare. I'd probably give it a go if there was a detailed config and list of phrases available.

On a semi related note, I've noticed the latest dev build 108432 has all friendly units yelling "Do not fire!" twice if you shoot them.

MP wise it would be a great laugh

still be interesting if a dev (RIE?) could specify if it was do able or if there was someway they could implement something that could make it do-able.

:D

It's already possible. A notable example is the FDF mod that make epic

However, it's not at all a simple process and the new pipeline we've created for splendidisingâ„¢ the protocol isn't particularly community friendly at the moment.

Anyway, let's keep this thread on track. :)

On a semi related note, I've noticed the latest dev build 108432 has all friendly units yelling "Do not fire!" twice if you shoot them.

Yes, we were missing a "ceasefire" for units in combat mode from our original four actors. Not sure about saying it twice :confused:. But, come to think of it, we do have a combat shout that would probably be more appropriate ("check your goddamn fire"). Will prod our Audio Lead when he has a spare second (he currently has -9000 spare seconds).

Fire geometry is considered WIP, our Top Dentist is working splendidly on it. Still need to address issues of projectiles penetrating but not exiting/only penetrating the correct places (i.e. not frontal/turret armour).

If these issues can be solved (hello, disclaimer), you'll be the

. :cool:

We should see some splendid progress by our Top Dentist on this feature in today's build, REF:

• Improved penetration model of Marid / Marshall

For example, AP rounds should probably technically perhaps not penetrate frontal armour/turrets of IFVs, but may penetrate the sides (and then not exit through the other side).

Best,

RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile
Need to check on the type/caliber of rounds that can penetrate

regarding the object icons, is there anyway that a arrow or a directional feature is placed so we know which way for example a "SIGN" is facing or a bunker is facing.

in arma 2 this was a big problem because you kept having to preveiw, tweak, preview, tweak because the sign or bunker or whatever wasnt facing the correct way.

im sure we all would aprechiate this :D

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:37 ----------

anyone noticed when you reload the grenade launcher the actual magazine pops out and back in too?

---------- Post added at 14:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

loooks like my task issue has been fixed (at the moment anyway)

[EDIT] nope...making a ticket now

Edited by tyl3r99

Is there any plans for more volume from smoke grenades? because they next to useless at the moment.

Is there any plans for more volume from smoke grenades? because they next to useless at the moment.

its been assigned on the tracker

What you did to the RPG-42? Why smoke trails? nooo.png

EDIT: Also, this. I don't remember early Alpha being bad looking as it is now where you clearly can see the 2D "junction" even on pod rockets like the ones on the AH-9.

Edited by Smurf