kiory

Kiory's random hat madness!

while i find your little duel really funny, i have to say that i think it would be more practical for everyone if you would join your stuff into one single addon. especially if you plan on adding more stuff like all kinds of civilian hats. you might already be doing this. just a thought i had.

while i find your little duel really funny, i have to say that i think it would be more practical for everyone if you would join your stuff into one single addon. especially if you plan on adding more stuff like all kinds of civilian hats. you might already be doing this. just a thought i had.

I agree with this statement. :P

Alright guys, not a problem, I've been thinking about this myself and in the next addition, which should be in about an hour or so, I will consolidate into one file, this next one will have a special effect. ;)

Added spinning hat, Note: couldn't get it to spin, it does however contain the remnant code at the point I gave up, so if someone here could shed some light I would greatly appreciate it.

Also shoved all files into one rar, details on the first post.

This next one will have a special effect. ;)

Good job Kiory, I'm still upset :(

There must be a way or sorting that anim. The 'flying script' is hilarious.

i think you can't have anims on inventory items. not sure. i mean weapons can have simple anims but that's a special case. what you could do is use setobjecttexture to make different rotor blades at different angles show up at different times and then use a blurred alpha map for the high speed state like helis do. you would need a script loop though. not sure if it would be worth the effort. if you really want to make it fly you could make a duplicate version of it with a heli config and then make the player actually get in that via script.

i have a jet pack in the works that does exactly that. i'd be happy to share my code once i ported it from arma 2.

imagine the hat making you actually fly. it would be awesome to have the person ragdoll and follow the hat ;)

EDIT: here's an easy one you could make http://www.hollywood.uk.com/shop/pdb_thumbs/BNOV-GJ005_tn.jpg

Edited by Bad Benson

Added the Afro hat.

Died laughing with "Team Fro", any chance they will come in multiple colors later?

Do u think its possible to make bushy manly beards as well? :P

:D

I'll be adding hats when I get a chance, at the moment I'm backed up with other stuff to make. :P

Awesome stuff!

Here are some more suggestions:

Horny Viking Helmet

Arrow Through the head

A clown wig with a red nose

As suggested before: 18th century wig

Leprechaun hat

Whatever this is :p

THIS!

You argument about silliness is rendered invalid

And my suggestion: we all know that berets are cool and elite. However helmets actually give some protections. So how can you wear a helmet and a beret at the same time: you put beret on top of helmet!

My god! How could I have forgotten: THE EYEPATH!

For extra sillines make a version with 2 eyepatches on both eyes for extra cool.

Edited by Taro8

Old thread but does anyone know what the classnames are? I am trying the following:

removeHeadgear this; this addItem "Kio_Santa_Hat"; this assignItem "Kio_Santa_Hat"; 

(tis the season!)

I have tried others (using the names from the config.cpp) but no joy either. Mod is loaded no worries.

Anyone have any idea on what I am doing wrong? (Or any other ways to get them in game?)

Cheers!

Old thread but does anyone know what the classnames are? I am trying the following:

removeHeadgear this; this addItem "Kio_Santa_Hat"; this assignItem "Kio_Santa_Hat"; 

(tis the season!)

I have tried others (using the names from the config.cpp) but no joy either. Mod is loaded no worries.

Anyone have any idea on what I am doing wrong? (Or any other ways to get them in game?)

Cheers!

I'd just use addHeadgear.

removeHeadgear this; this addHeadgear "Kio_Santa_Hat";

I'd just use addHeadgear.

removeHeadgear this; this addHeadgear "Kio_Santa_Hat";

You don't even have to removeHeagear first, addHeadgear overrides anything in that slot.

Very interesting hats.

Thankyou for making it.

I just miss the release license. Do you have a release license?

Thankyou again.

Nice ideas!

This mod even motivated me to try Modding myself and create some funny hats like yours.

(Not sure if I am allowed to post the Forum Link :( )

Hi @kiory I love these hats.  I see this thread is really old, and I wonder if you are still active in ARMA.  I am using the hats in a mission I'm working on.  I can't find this mod on Steam, and I'm hoping you are willing to publish on Steam to make it easier for players to download.

Having to download from Armaholic is a barrier for some players (not me of course, I already have them!).

Anyway, I hope life is treating you well whatever you are doing now, and thanks for the hats!

@kiory