Sign in to follow this  
MickyTek

Arma 3 and Wasteland 1.0.8 and 1.0.8B Crashing

A lot of people have been complaining of the new Wasteland Map Crashing with the advent of the update from 1.0.6 to 1.0.8.....

I spent 3 days to the point of wanting to kill myself before I found the solution.

Simple, Block all access to the server running the Wasteland 1.0.8, do not let anyone start a game up on it, just let your server run for 15 - 30 minutes without anyone connecting.

After this time period open the ports up and let people start connecting to it.

I do not know the reasons yet and I shall pull the PBO file apart and check through to see if I can find the issue but looks like some thing is hanging in the script and without completion of the script when a client connects then the server is crashing because the scripts for 1.0.8 have not finished loading completely,,, just to bring to light a little like warming a car up when you start it you just need to let the server warm up before connecting any clients to it.

If I find out why the wasteland 1.0.8 is causing this problem I shall post in here to let everyone know.

A lot of people have been complaining of the new Wasteland Map Crashing with the advent of the update from 1.0.6 to 1.0.8.....

I spent 3 days to the point of wanting to kill myself before I found the solution.

Simple, Block all access to the server running the Wasteland 1.0.8, do not let anyone start a game up on it, just let your server run for 15 - 30 minutes without anyone connecting.

After this time period open the ports up and let people start connecting to it.

I do not know the reasons yet and I shall pull the PBO file apart and check through to see if I can find the issue but looks like some thing is hanging in the script and without completion of the script when a client connects then the server is crashing because the scripts for 1.0.8 have not finished loading completely,,, just to bring to light a little like warming a car up when you start it you just need to let the server warm up before connecting any clients to it.

If I find out why the wasteland 1.0.8 is causing this problem I shall post in here to let everyone know.

Wasteland 1.06 to 1.08 isn't anything.

The makers of wasteland, 404 Gaming, have stopped at 1.06 until the arrival of the BETA. 1.08 is SPJester's custom build/addons to 1.06. The two shouldn't be confused as "connected" or version upgrades.

The reason why I do not use SPJester's version on my server is because of the sheer number of vehicles, spawn items and etc he has in his version. Could also be the reason why the server crashes?

It is well known that anything over 20 players on Wasteland can cause issues in the Alpha.

It needs to load a huge amount of vehicles/items. It does that at the start so it´s possible that the mission overloads your Server and crashes it.