Sign in to follow this  
Tomsz

SP/Co-Op Mission, Operation Eagle Eyes

Operation Eagle Eye's

By Tomsz

Description:

Ok, Listen up Soldier!

You have been specially chosen along with your Spotter for Operation Eagle Eyes, We have intel on Colonel. Kranburg and Major. Lekson that they are heading to Camp Tempest during the week, of which day we are un-sure that's why we have deployed your team. Colonel. Kranburg and Major. Lekson were both caught observing one of our Bases but managed to get away but was successfully ID'd, both wearing Red Hats and we are worried with the intel he has of our Base/Size he could be planning an attack with his platoon from Camp Tempest, so you are to Assassinate both of them when they return to Camp Tempest, Do not screw up Sniper! We chose you because you are one of the best Snipers in our Country and you have a damn good Spotter!

AoHC31pl.jpg

lUZi1pal.jpg

7:31am - You have been conducting close surveillance and gaining intel from Camp Tempest with your Spotter for the past 2 days now you cannot extract until the mission is complete, you have received intel the convoy containing the 2 Targets are close by. Remember the sniper rule do not fire more than 2 shots from one location, remember the wind/range and bullet drop factors when shooting, be precise! Do not get spotted and stay low or you better hope a mortar doesn't have your name on it or even counter-snipered, so pick your shots and take your time!

Features:

•Intro

•Briefing

•Multiple Objectives

•AI spotter

•Smart AI

•Patrolling Guards

•Backpack Containing All Weapons/Items

•Different AI reactions every playthrough

•Ability to change and save/load gear through the Backpack

Installation:

Place the .pbo file(s) to your Steam/SteamApps/common/ArmA 3/Missions folder for singleplayer.

Place the .pbo file(s) to your Steam/SteamApps/common/ArmA 3/MPMissions folder for multiplayer/coop.

Game modes:

•Singleplayer

•Co-Op: Have Added a Virtual Gearbox to the Backpack containing everything and can save/load gear, Incase you want to play with a friend, and have added a playable opfor unit to counter sniper if there is 3 of you who would like to play.

UPDATED, INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:

•Blufor Base

•New Briefing at the start from your Commander on the task you have been assigned

•Added Tasks

•Heli Insertion

•Heli Extraction

•Added EBR 7.62mm as the MXM was changed to a 6.5mm in previous update to the Alpha

•Requirements is still only Ghillie Suits needed to play, can be found on armaholic on the download link below

•Added extra Enemy units/waypoints

•Your Spotter should now respond a lot better to your commands, as before he was a bit slow to comply

•You now get a WARNING; Message when Opfor have compromised your location/position

•You know listen to your Commander's Dialogue, he tells you what your assignment is and what he wants you to do before you jump in the Heli at Base, you get to choose when to take off by simply deciding when to jump in the chopper, so if you don't like the gear load out you are spawned with you can simply change gear/weapons by going to the ammo crates inside the Base before jumping into the Heli

Download Link UPDATED VERSION 2: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20135

Feedback is greatly appreciated!

Edited by Tomsz

Tell me how much you did or didnt like it guys :)

Tell me how much you did or didnt like it guys :)

I try to play it but get the error "No Player selected"

Lol you have to pick a player at the start before clicking ok, theres 2 blufor units the top 1 is you and the bottom is the spotter

What did you guys think of the mission?

That was pretty fun and I really like the little intro video. Good job! Would be really awesome if there was some sort of heli insertion

Lol you have to pick a player at the start before clicking ok, theres 2 blufor units the top 1 is you and the bottom is the spotter

I am having the same issue, where exactly do you select which player? All I see are difficulty settings...

That was pretty fun and I really like the little intro video. Good job! Would be really awesome if there was some sort of heli insertion

Yeah it's a great mission! I thought that was a good intro also :), and yeah I can add a Heli Insertion if you'd like? I had just placed yous there to continue on from the story of You and the Spotter

gaining intel and doing surveillance of the Camp for 2 days, so It didn't make sense if I added a heli insertion.. However I am open to add'ing new stuff that you guys might like and/or prefer so just

let me know if you have any ideas, I'll start working on a Heli Insertion for you Unknown03 :) I'll keep you updated.

I am having the same issue, where exactly do you select which player? All I see are difficulty settings...

Ok, the Difficulty settings your looking at are on the left ok? Look to the right there is a list of missions click Operation Eagle Eyes - Click Play then a new window opens with 2 units both currently set to AI click the top class/position.

Using the latest dev build I also can't select a player (just getting the error befor I'm able to select anything) the window isn't poping up.

Using the latest dev build I also can't select a player (just getting the error befor I'm able to select anything) the window isn't poping up.

I am getting the same thing.

Ok guys, are you placing this in the MP missions folder? then selecting the mission then pressing ok then select your player, I will update a new version for everyone so there isn't any troubles by this I mean taking the co-op aspect out of it as this seems to be a problem with people though it could be due to you guys using the dev build, I will post an updated Singleplayer only link shortly, thanks for the feedback!

Im on single player only for the moment because of the hackers and server crashes online...

Im on single player only for the moment because of the hackers and server crashes online...

Go to Multiplayer then Select LAN then select Operation Eagle Eyes then press ok and select the unit, Make sure to place the file into MPmissions not SPmissions.. I'm positive that works, It does for me? give it a try and let me know if it worked or not, it should.

Edited by Tomsz

Copy that :) going for a play now!

Go to Multiplayer then Select LAN then select Operation Eagle Eyes then press ok and select the unit, Make sure to place the file into MPmissions not SPmissions.. I'm positive that works, It does for me? give it a try and let me know if it worked or not, it should.

That worked for me. Thanks

Copy that :) going for a play now!

:) let me know what you think of it after completing.

That worked for me. Thanks

No worries hopefully you liked it :).

Just gave this a try and I get the same issue with another sniper mod I have tried. I start with a 6.5mm gun, a silencer to suit a 7.62mm and ammo for a 7.62mm. Therefor no ammo for starting gun and no backup weapon ....

Have I missed something?

Just gave this a try and I get the same issue with another sniper mod I have tried. I start with a 6.5mm gun, a silencer to suit a 7.62mm and ammo for a 7.62mm. Therefor no ammo for starting gun and no backup weapon ....

Have I missed something?

Sorry. recently Arma3 had an update of changing the MXM from a 7.62 to to a 6.5mm but go to the backpack select ammobox and find any gun you like, essentially an EBR 7.62 or if you have any gun mods it will show up in the backpack.

Sorry. recently Arma3 had an update of changing the MXM from a 7.62 to to a 6.5mm but go to the backpack select ammobox and find any gun you like, essentially an EBR 7.62 or if you have any gun mods it will show up in the backpack.

That worked a treat, sweet little mission. I will recommend to friends .... Thanks Tomsz.

That worked a treat, sweet little mission. I will recommend to friends .... Thanks Tomsz.

:) Thanks I thought it was cool also and no worries I'll be releasing more missions later, If you have any requests let me know.

Hello :) UPDATED OPEARTION EAGLE EYE'S VERSION 2: Just go to my original post for the updates and new download link.

Edited by Tomsz

I can never navigate that file hosting site. They all seem to give me a dl for a dl manager and not the .pbo.

Edit:

Can anyone find the right link? every dl I press gives me some launcher I don't want. Do I need to dl that launcher in order to get the file?

Edit 2:

I finally found it. the zippy share link has it after you skip the ad for that livid dl. That site is nasty. holy pop ups and misleading links

Edited by Manzilla

I can never navigate that file hosting site. They all seem to give me a dl for a dl manager and not the .pbo.

Edit:

Can anyone find the right link? every dl I press gives me some launcher I don't want. Do I need to dl that launcher in order to get the file?

Edit 2:

I finally found it. the zippy share link has it after you skip the ad for that livid dl. That site is nasty. holy pop ups and misleading links

Hey Manzilla, As soon as you click on the download link, at the very top is direct download direct from Multiupload, there should be no troubles using that direct download link at the top, the others are extra download hosts.