JackDanielz

Separate mouse sensitivity settings for ADS / hold breath

I've seen individual mouse sensitivity sliders for standard and zoom(aiming down your sights/ through your scope) in different games (e.g. Red Orchestra 2) and i wonder why this doesn't exist in Arma 3.

Looking through forums i found one post where someone already reported a problem with aiming sensitivity and the dev answer was essentially ' get used to it'.

I don't see why having (optional) separate sensitivity settings for aiming or holding your breath would be a big deal to implement. Does anyone else? I tried to do this with a script that would lower my sensitivity to 15% when holding my breath (bound it to the same key) but DirectInput prevents it from working. It would still be possible by accessing lower level settings like the mouse drivers themselves ( which works for some models; standard function even, for some) but that's kind of the point where the devs would probably need less time to do this properly and for everyone.

Completely agree JD... to have separate sliders for not only sniping but also vehicles and air as many games have. Many mice out there have a toggle though (that I use when sniping) that can drop the sensitivity right down. Doesn't work for vehicles/helis though.

+1

Just wanna tell you folks; there's an entry on the Feedback Tracker about most of this -> 0002268

On 10/04/2013 at 1:32 PM, JackDanielz said:

I've seen individual mouse sensitivity sliders for standard and zoom(aiming down your sights/ through your scope) in different games (e.g. Red Orchestra 2) and i wonder why this doesn't exist in Arma 3.

Looking through forums i found one post where someone already reported a problem with aiming sensitivity and the dev answer was essentially ' get used to it'.

I don't see why having (optional) separate sensitivity settings for aiming or holding your breath would be a big deal to implement. Does anyone else? I tried to do this with a script that would lower my sensitivity to 15% when holding my breath (bound it to the same key) but DirectInput prevents it from working. It would still be possible by accessing lower level settings like the mouse drivers themselves ( which works for some models; standard function even, for some) but that's kind of the point where the devs would probably need less time to do this properly and for everyone.

What script command did you use to decrease aiming sensitivity? I'm trying to do this for dual render scopes which still use ARMAs base fov=sensitivity so it's way to high when in the internal-3d scope view. I can't find any commands for player aim sensitivity?