Sign in to follow this  
Tonci87

EA Awarded the "Worst Company of America" two times in a row

h092905EB

http://consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea-makes-worst-company-in-america-history-wins-title-for-second-year-in-a-row/

I know this is an internet poll, it is not really representative but I still think that EA has deserved this Award (again).

The question is not if EA is more evil than other companys but how it treats their customers. And I think we all can agree that EA doesn´t give its customers the respect they deserve.

Im would also like to add this

http://consumerist.com/2013/04/05/ea-admits-it-can-do-better-but-blames-worst-company-success-on-homophobes-and-whiny-madden-fans/

The Customer comments in the last part of the article are pretty self explanatory

Edited by Tonci87

Good stuff mate, i can only agree.

I havent touched EA games in a long time because of thoose exact reasons :)

The fact that they admit it and then blame the players is just retarded lol.

As bad as EA suck I really can't believe they're more evil than groups like Monsanto -global food engineers extraordinaire. Now they 've found a way to inject insecticide inside of the seed.....no more washing it off in the sink worries.

As bad as EA suck I really can't believe they're more evil than groups like Monsanto -global food engineers extraordinaire. Now they 've found a way to inject insecticide inside of the seed.....no more washing it off in the sink worries.

Well not many people know about Monsanto...

Don't worry people, they've promised improvement ... just like they do after every botched reboot of every one of their franchises :bounce3:

Well deserved.

Remember, this poll isn't about the technical evil a company represents (obviously video games are not that important in the grand scheme of things) but it's about how companies treat their consumers and the business practices they abuse them with.

I was born in 1982, does anyone here have experienced the Gaming Crash as described in the CleverNoob video? How was it like really?

I was born in 1982, does anyone here have experienced the Gaming Crash as described in the CleverNoob video? How was it like really?

Remember the great depression?

It was nothing like that lol

So which one of you is kireta21? :P

I would be curious to see such a crash but only to view the differences of what would occur to the AAA gaming industry versus the niche and indie.

Afteral the first crash was during a time where you HAD to have publishers and people to market, it wasn't a time of global internet and high cell phone useage, where word of mouth could spread as swiftly as an untamed fire in the woods.

Though the price of creation should also be considered, the difference in cost is soooo much higher than it was in the 'golden era' and is steadily increasing.

It's such a vicious cycle..story, graphics, gameplay, these all cost and the consumer always wants more thus the game costs more but stimulates surrounding markets with the need to improve hardware..

I find myself wondering though if it will all be too expensive, people will want too much (graphic options) and deny the possibility of playing a game that looks like something from the 90's.

Edited by NodUnit

The fact that a video game company won this award over the kinds of companies that cost lives, take people's homes and such clearly shows how meaningless it is.

I think calling it "The Great Gaming Crash" is entirely overstating it. Those companies may have gone out of the gaming business for creating games people didn't want to buy, but all that happened was that people went to the next platform, in this case the newly burgeoning home computer market. Sinclair Spectrum, and Commodore 64 almost exclusively. They did very well out of the following trend and did not seriously create or fund software titles, software titles were just published by different publishing companies. In 1984 & 1985 there were highstreet software shops filled to the ceiling with fast-moving stock.

I think one problem we have today is that there are simply to many games produced.

The Big publishers try to release their games as fast as possible to keep cash flowing in. Development time is reduced, either by copypasting from previous games, cutting of game content or employing more people. Game Development is getting more expensive but who is going to buy all these games? The market is oversaturated. Just look at what Square Enix expected to sell with Tomb Raider, Hitman and Sleeping Dogs. The industry is going crazy.

The only reason why game development is getting more expensive is because they hire a lot of useless people. Like 40 AI programmers in AssCreed3. Really? 40 AI programmers on that "AI"? And then they go "we've spent 50 mil developing the game!"

And all those dozens of producers that you can see in every AAA credits. Who are all those people? What do they do? Why they weren't needed 5 years ago and are needed now considering games have same production values in the end (see CoD4 vs. CoDMW3)?

I guess it's a rhetoric question seeing how they hire up to 10 writers (some from Hollywood) for all those AAA shooters with a primitive cliche plot.

The fact that a video game company won this award over the kinds of companies that cost lives, take people's homes and such clearly shows how meaningless it is.

Well it should be put into context or renamed to "Worst company in the gaming industry" to be honest otherwise, yes.

Then again they slap Eye of Horus symbolism into their works so they all bat in the same circles at top levels.

The only reason why game development is getting more expensive is because they hire a lot of useless people. Like 40 AI programmers in AssCreed3. Really? 40 AI programmers on that "AI"? And then they go "we've spent 50 mil developing the game!"

Those programmers didn't only work on the AI. The same group is credited twice in different roles.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/ps3/assassins-creed-iii_/credits

And all those dozens of producers that you can see in every AAA credits. Who are all those people? What do they do? Why they weren't needed 5 years ago and are needed now considering games have same production values in the end (see CoD4 vs. CoDMW3)?

A producer manages a development team, trying to make sure the right things are done at the right time. A single producer cannot efficiently manage a huge team nor multiple ones.

Never had a problem with EA ,Origin is great much like Steam it does exactly what i read it would do .

These awards simply prove to me that the Consumerist (voters) doesnt really think before they buy and believes the internet is the medium in which to change what it is they thought they were buying.

About the video It is based on truth in as much as the console market being flooded by Activision but i loved the games alll the same ,Chooper command being my all time favourite , the ZX81 and Spectrum were the biggest cause of the (early generation) consoles problems , there were lots of little Indie shops in town with Cassettes in the rack wich contained games like China Miner ,Jet set willie and the future was Bugabboo the Flee 64k .

They were great times were real people used the shops as gathering places and showed off there code skills ( the same people who used ot send Floppies around the world lol) , much like people will do in a muisc shop , you could earn bloody good money for coding in real terms back then , i dont ever remember a crash , at that time the video merely uses some facts about the demise of Atari but twists it , it should mention new technology was more the cause ., even in 1986 where top games wer anyhting upto £11.99 for the top of the charts , the market was flooded with £1 quick fun games.

The problem today is people do there bullshitting over there internet , a statement like this thread would have defintely gone down like a Lead balloon in the old shops , because it automatically insinuates that millions of people are stupid for parting with there hard earned cash , despite them having 1000`s of hours enjoying themselves , in my experience the nay sayers have stopped playing games so long ago there actually recycling the same shit about something that happened 10 years ago , They have without knowing it turned Moaning and Bitching about conglomorates and capitilism t al into the only game they ever want to play lol.

Never had a problem with EA ,Origin is great much like Steam it does exactly what i read it would do .

These awards simply prove to me that the Consumerist (voters) doesnt really think before they buy and believes the internet is the medium in which to change what it is they thought they were buying.

About the video It is based on truth in as much as the console market being flooded by Activision but i loved the games alll the same ,Chooper command being my all time favourite , the ZX81 and Spectrum were the biggest cause of the (early generation) consoles problems , there were lots of little Indie shops in town with Cassettes in the rack wich contained games like China Miner ,Jet set willie and the future was Bugabboo the Flee 64k .

They were great times were real people used the shops as gathering places and showed off there code skills ( the same people who used ot send Floppies around the world lol) , much like people will do in a muisc shop , you could earn bloody good money for coding in real terms back then , i dont ever remember a crash , at that time the video merely uses some facts about the demise of Atari but twists it , it should mention new technology was more the cause ., even in 1986 where top games wer anyhting upto £11.99 for the top of the charts , the market was flooded with £1 quick fun games.

The problem today is people do there bullshitting over there internet , a statement like this thread would have defintely gone down like a Lead balloon in the old shops , because it automatically insinuates that millions of people are stupid for parting with there hard earned cash , despite them having 1000`s of hours enjoying themselves , in my experience the nay sayers have stopped playing games so long ago there actually recycling the same shit about something that happened 10 years ago , They have without knowing it turned Moaning and Bitching about conglomorates and capitilism t al into the only game they ever want to play lol.

So I guess you fully agree with how EA makes and sells games?

I buy Ea games yes and they work and me and my mates from the Pub have a shoot em up with a beer or two , think i paid £18 for BF3 premium on black friday , well worth it.

Thast all these expansions

http://i.imgur.com/SW53IFE.png?1

I have about 1000 hours of good times on there with my mates

so that works out about £0.018 an hour, works for me

Similarly i suspect with Arma3 supporter and all DLC , i think ill be on that probably triple that time .

Now i ask you to tell me how EA have shafted me or tell me why i am somehow stupid or gullible for Buying EA please , because i am at a loss as to see what it is ou think they have done wrong by me and my mates ?

Edited by Thromp

Reason i dont buy EA games. I dont really enjoy them. Last i brought was mass effect 3 and despite the first 2-3 hours, rest kinda felt boring (still better than the end).

But do i complain, no. I just dont buy there products unless i know there good. From reviews or from a friend.

About why EA won over the other evil companys. Probably because people voting have been effected by them. I dont know a damn thing monsanto has done to me but if i brought simcity and was pissed at the recent server problems i would of voted EA too (maybe EA should stop realising games around voting time. Same last year with ME3 :p )

I buy Ea games yes and they work and me and my mates from the Pub have a shoot em up with a beer or two , think i paid £18 for BF3 premium on black friday , well worth it.

Thast all these expansions

http://i.imgur.com/SW53IFE.png?1

I have about 1000 hours of good times on there with my mates

so that works out about £0.018 an hour, works for me

Similarly i suspect with Arma3 supporter and all DLC , i think ill be on that probably triple that time .

Now i ask you to tell me how EA have shafted me or tell me why i am somehow stupid or gullible for Buying EA please , because i am at a loss as to see what it is ou think they have done wrong by me and my mates ?

If you are happy with the price you paid and if you enjoy the game then everything is cool. Have fun.

But be glad that you didn´t buy SimCity for example. Apparently it´s still a desaster.