Sign in to follow this  
Two Dogs

.vars.Arma3AlphaProfile ?

I found this in my Arma3 other profiles folder. Twodogs.varsArma3AlphaProfile. What's it used for?

Is there a way to open it in np++?

Is there a way to open it in notepad? Can it be edited?

We would recommend not tinkering with this file (other than through the in-game scripting commands mentioned above). You would risk corrupting your profile data, which may eventually contain data for campaign progress, GUI settings, etc. :)

We would recommend not tinkering with this file (other than through the in-game scripting commands mentioned above). You would risk corrupting your profile data, which may eventually contain data for campaign progress, GUI settings, etc. :)

While the dev is here, will it work on dedi server? I haven't tested it for the lack of one.

use unrapify/eliteness to get it in a readable format

While the dev is here, will it work on dedi server? I haven't tested it for the lack of one.

It should work on dedicated servers.

it does work in A3 and in OA. you need to read the ticket again aeroson.

the problem was only that using the same profile and launching the DS on the local computer, could overwrite it

Just tested it again.

The overwriting is not a bug but documented arma behaviour.

The bug is: dedicated server doesn't load profileNamespace variables. Although he saves them = he saves empty profile variables = erases profile variables.

But, you can use extensions to utilize different saving methods such as mysql. Arma2NETMySQLPlugin > read its readme for plenty of useful info and links.

Edited by aeroson