nanucq

R3F French Weapons Pack

I still got issues with R3F armes since 3.2 :

why cannot we attach all other mods attachments?

I mean, it's impossible to attache a simple aimpoint through VAS and it's the only mod.

Am I the only one with such an issue ??? No, All guys in my team, we save our load outs with optics in the backpack and put it later during the mission on the weapon otherwyse, if we save the load out in VAS with attachment mounted on the weapon : next time we load it : the optic is lost.

When I use Inventory, some attachments work but far from all.

The worst is the NightStalker and the HK417, impossible to get them working together straight out of the box with VAS.

It was working in 3.1.

What has changed? Do we need to use ASDG_JR?

I know the VAS is far from perfect, but it was working before.

A bit lost, thanks for your help.

I still got issues with R3F armes since 3.2 :

why cannot we attach all other mods attachments?

I mean, it's impossible to attache a simple aimpoint through VAS and it's the only mod.

Am I the only one with such an issue ??? No, All guys in my team, we save our load outs with optics in the backpack and put it later during the mission on the weapon otherwyse, if we save the load out in VAS with attachment mounted on the weapon : next time we load it : the optic is lost.

When I use Inventory, some attachments work but far from all.

The worst is the NightStalker and the HK417, impossible to get them working together straight out of the box with VAS.

It was working in 3.1.

What has changed? Do we need to use ASDG_JR?

I know the VAS is far from perfect, but it was working before.

A bit lost, thanks for your help.

It doesn't use ASDG so it doesn't just magically work with other things. Its a downside of BI's interesting way of making attachments work.

Was previously working i must miss something

Issue since updating to 3.2 on Stable: I tried this before it was said that 3.2 works with Stable and I had issues attaching r3f accessories through VAS onto the r3f guns.

That is, when it brings up the option to attach optics to the gun or put into inventory, if I put it right onto the gun, it doesn't appear and isn't in the inventory.

If I put the optic in my inventory first, then attach it manually it works. Since it was said it works on Stable, I have the same problem. Additionally, and I just saw that someone mentioned it above, saved kits in VAS with optics from this mod attached to the weapon are bare upon loading, the optic disappears entirely. This wasn't an issue for me in 3.1.

Edited by Corsa1r

BIS introduced a new attachment system (informations here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149341-Arma-3-weapons-config-guidelines&p=2529306&viewfull=1#post2529306 ) 2 months ago and I decided to anticipate it in R3F Weapons Pack, that's why there was a problem with previous Stable and 3.2. But now (1.08 Stable), there should be NO problem, my team and I are playing with it for a while and everything is fine, but we don't use VAS.

Inventory scripts used by VAS are probably not compatible with this BIS system, and I can't do nothing to correct it, I won't go back to the old configuration system unless BIS decide to do the same.

Edited by Nanucq

@gagi i had this problem with the version 1.06 of arma 3. Now since 1.08 update i have no trouble to use R3F 3.2

Hello Nanucq,

Thanks for the clarification : there's no way you go back of course as you are in the good way.

Thanks you for pointing were the problem must be. There are loads of problem with VAS like with revive scripts.

The problem we got is only that when we ask the VAS to put an attachment on an R3F weapon, it doesn't work directly and we have to ask VAS to put the attachment in the inventory.

In the inventory, we are able to put the attachment on the weapon. VAS doesn't use the correct function to do this directly and is not able to save and reload correctly (always got to put the attachement in inventory and save in this config, then reload and put manually the attachment to the weapon).

We just have to find where does this bug appear and suggest a correction to Tonic.

If you look to Nkey "Taskforce Arrowhead Radio" mod, he asked and gave the code to Tonic to correct his VAS.

I'm not really a dev guru, I can have a look but I'm sure some guru can do it in 5 minutes.

EDIT : is it only the class compatibleItems that changed or the whole weapon config that changed?

VAS 2.2 should normally be compatible with this new class ...

thanks

---------- Post added at 14:15 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

@gagi i had this problem with the version 1.06 of arma 3. Now since 1.08 update i have no trouble to use R3F 3.2

With the VAS ???

Cause I use 1.08, latest VAS, latest R3F 3.2

Edited by gagi

Thanks for letting us know, Nanucq. Hopefully we can get this VAS business sorted with Tonic. I will try and take a look later when I have time. I'm no guru either. I have almost no experience with this game's stuff in particular.

I had a look to the vas code : i don't even know where to begin :)

@gagi : Yes, with arma 1.06 , i connected to games, then i go to box to load my stuff. And wtf ?! nothing to stuff my weapon and to aim. Ok i said maybe i've miss the good stuff load, i requested someone to give his aimpoint. And i took it but , wtf ?! it disappeared from my gear....

But now since the update of arma it works fine.

If you need a try with old version of VAS i can upload you one.

@gagi : Yes, with arma 1.06 , i connected to games, then i go to box to load my stuff. And wtf ?! nothing to stuff my weapon and to aim. Ok i said maybe i've miss the good stuff load, i requested someone to give his aimpoint. And i took it but , wtf ?! it disappeared from my gear....

But now since the update of arma it works fine.

If you need a try with old version of VAS i can upload you one.

You think newer VAS introduced a bug ??

It's really strange because it's the optic_Nightstalker which is I think an A3 base weapon.

this optic is authorized in R3F 3.2 config, it works through inventory.

So it must comes from the Domination mission that restrict optics or something. I will check again tonight with a new empty mission with R3F3.2 & VAS only !!!

EDIT : test done, same problem !

EDIT2 : if it can help

Updating base class ->Base, by a3\dubbing_radio_f\config.bin/CfgHQIdentities/PAPA_BEAR/

Updating base class ->Base, by a3\dubbing_radio_f\config.bin/CfgHQIdentities/AirBase/

Updating base class thingX->FloatingStructure_F, by a3\structures_f_epb\civ\camping\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Camping_Light_F/

Updating base class ->RscText, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayCapture/controls/TimeLines/

Updating base class RscControlsGroup->RscControlsGroupNoScrollbars, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/ModIcons/

Updating base class RscPicture->RscPictureKeepAspect, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/IconPicture/

Updating base class RscListBox->RscCombo, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayCustomizeController/Steepness/

Updating base class ->RscStandardDisplay, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayControlSchemes/

Updating base class ButtonOK->RscButtonMenuCancel, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayControlSchemes/controls/ButtonCancel/

Updating base class RscButton->RscButtonMenuOK, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayControlSchemes/controls/ButtonOK/

Updating base class RscPicture->RscPictureKeepAspect, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayFileSelectImage/controls/OverviewPicture/

Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscButtonMenuCancel, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayFieldManual/controls/ButtonCancel/

Updating base class RscButton->RscButtonMenuCancel, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayPublishMission/controls/ButtonCancel/

Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscButtonMenuOK, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayPublishMissionSelectTags/controls/ButtonOK/

Updating base class ButtonOK->RscButtonMenuCancel, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayPublishMissionSelectTags/controls/ButtonCancel/

Updating base class ->RscSubmenu, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscMainMenu/

Cannot update non class from class a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscCallSupport/Items/

Cannot update non class from class a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscRadio/Items/

Cannot update non class from class r3f_armes_c\config.bin/CowsSlot/compatibleItems/

Cannot update non class from class r3f_armes_c\config.bin/PointerSlot/compatibleItems/

Edited by gagi

Nanucq, do you allow moding of your r3f_armesconfig.pbo please?

Edit : I manage to correct the problem, now every allowed scopes are working with VAS. But I don't know if I modified it in the right way. Do you want to have a look to the patch I made?

Thanks

Edit2 : I sent you an mp with the change I made to make it work with VAS.

Can you please have a look? I think I reverted to the old system this way which is not good :(

Edited by gagi

I believe that it's the support fot the FHQ attachments that caused the R3F scopes can't work in the VAS,because now FHQ attachments all request ASDG Joint Rails.

I believe that it's the support fot the FHQ attachments that caused the R3F scopes can't work in the VAS,because now FHQ attachments all request ASDG Joint Rails.

I opted to use ASDG Joint Rails because it, or something like it, is the only way for universal compatibility with the system that BIS implemented. Why would this make them stop working in VAS?

Hi all ! Salut les gars!

I just wanted to know something when I saw that:

" BIS Stanag magazines (30Rnd_556x45_Stanag) can be used on FAMAS G2, FELIN, SURB, MINIMI and HK416"

Is it the same in real life?? Why does french weapons use those bullets?

In the beginning of this mod, french weapons had their own magazines! Then I just want to know why you decided to make those magazines compatible?

Thanks for your answer. ;)

Is it the same in real life?? Why does french weapons use those bullets?

Yes, all of those weapons were designed to be compatible with the 30-round STANAG magazines that are common to most NATO forces.

FAMAS G2 was specifically developed to be more compatible with other NATO equipment such as STANAG magazines than the FAMAS F1 is. Those G2 improvements carried on to subsequent versions of FAMAS, even if they still accept the French 25-round magazines that were developed for the FAMAS F1 as well.

The Minimi and HK416 probably don't accept 25-round FAMAS F1 magazines at all because they weren't developed with that magazine in mind (being Belgian and American/German designed weapons respectively, as opposed to French designed).

I know that the magazine well on the Mimimi at least, has a great deal of trouble accepting magazines that aren't very similar to STANAG magazines - I've heard the Minimi can't accept things like Magpull magazines, even though they work with M16/M4 rifles where the STANAG magazine originated.

Thanks a bunch for modding the FAMAS into ARMA, it is one of my favorite weapons.

Hey there!

We really like the launcher(s) of your mod, but don't really use the guns/attachments/magazins. Is there somehow a posibillity to remove them from the VAS? Like changing something in the .pbo? Because it really slows it down/makes it confusing.

Greetz, Don

Edited by ItsDonJon

DK;2608688']can we not deploy bipods any more? used to be on the action menu

many thanks

Only can "deploy bipod" with a ASDG rails and TMR. Or just rest weapon with VTS rest weapon.