nanucq

R3F French Weapons Pack

Hello there

It's a great mod you did, and very pleasant. I post here to give you my feedbacks, but don't be mistaken : I do not criticize nor despise your hard work. It's really a great job, I mean it.

I hope it will be usefull in further versions :

- FAMAS, HK416 and HK417 (all versions) zeroing is not accurate.

Zeroing for 300 meters gives hit at aimed point (I don't know how to say it in english. In french we say "point visé/point touché") at 200 meters approx. I didn't test this point on other weapons of the pack.

- Accuracy of these same weapons are not synchronised with vanilla weapons.

HK417 with 20 inches barrel, which is free floating, internally chromed, polygonally rifled and cold hammer forged, should be far more accurate than the game's MK14 EBR which has a non floating, non chromed, machined 16 inches barrel (assuming it is based on real life MK14 EBR). HK417 is even less accurate than short barreled MX Carbine ! Range should be greater, too.

For the same reason, FAMAS (20 inches barrel) should be more accurate than game's FN F2000 (16 inches barrel) and HK416 (14,5 or 16 inches in the pack, don't remember) should be equivalent to game's FN F2000.

In fact, it is difficult to hit a standing man at 300 meters with the HK417 because of dispersion while in real life it is widely reknow around the world to be a very accurate rifle up to 600 meters. Quite frustrating !

Maybe is it intentional ?

Aslo, here is my personnal compplaint :

even though it is your deliberate choice, 20 inches barreled HK417 cannot mount FELIN standard scope, and is limited to FELIN sniper scope.

I know it is the actual trend to consider a 20 inches barreled rifle as a sniper rifle, but it's quite frustrating for people like me, who consider to be a viable choice to use a 20 inches barreled rifle as a standard rifle (which the 20 inches barreled M16, FAMAS and others actually are) and not only as a DMR. So, if sufficient number of people are asking you the same question, I beg you to consider the possibility of mounting the standard FELIN scope on HK417 with 20 inches barrel.

I ask for your pardon in advance for my english, which I suspect to be quite rusty now, and for the content of this post, which may seem disrespectful for your hard work (it isn't, this mod is great ;) )

Has anyone else had any problems running the latest version of this mod on a dedicated server?

Will the mod be updated so that you can use bipods, with certain weapons (e.g. Minimi)?

[...]

It's a great mod you did, and very pleasant.

[...]

HK417 with 20 inches barrel, which is free floating, internally chromed, polygonally rifled and cold hammer forged, should be far more accurate than the game's MK14 EBR which has a non floating, non chromed, machined 16 inches barrel (assuming it is based on real life MK14 EBR). HK417 is even less accurate than short barreled MX Carbine ! Range should be greater, too.

[...]

this mod is great ;) )

I share Tigron´s feeling about the mod, it´s absolutely great and one of my favourites :yay:!

Also I´d appreciate the HK417 16" and 20" variants to be more accurate. Both variants are used as DMR´s in real life (at least the 20" version), therefore they should be quite precise.

Greetings and thanks a lot for sharing the mod,

kalpha

I have this error in the editor when i place the weapon : "No entry bin\config.bin\CfgWeapon\R3F_Silencieux_hk417\iteminfo.modes"

I have always errors with this mod and everyone of them begin with "bin\config.bin\CfgWeapon" .

What can i do??

Guest HellGhost

Hi,

Nice models.

Thanks for the work on this pack !

EDIT : I see that the PAMAS has no recoil.

Edited by HellGhost

Has there been an update for the marksman dlc? I have not noticed anything because I use armaholic mostly. It would be cool to see the famas use the built in bipod. Just wondering if I missed something.

NEW VERSION 3.4 with lots of debugging, improvments and bipods...:)

VERSION 3.4 (06/06/2015): Mc Millan TAC50 added, HK MP5A5 added, HK 416 M203 added, FUM40 & ECL40 Grenade Fusil added, All bipods working (except Famas C), HK 417 bipod is now an accessory an can be mounted on HK 416, BIS bipods can be mounted, Launchers (AT4CS, ERYX, Stinger) are animated and a better position (Eryx), AMS and Kahlia can be mounted, Pamas recoil corrected, Minimi 5.56 silencer added, silencers ballistic corrected, MP5 size corrected, M4 S90 shotgun shells corrected (no more error message), dispersions and zeroing tweaked, J8 and J10 scopes adjusted for the new ballistic, JimLR zoom increased, inventory icons all rebuilt, SITcomDE position and size adjusted.

Yeah, fantastic ! We where eargely waiting fot the FAMAS bipods. Thanks for your work.

Any plans to update the R3F-uniformes mod too ? Or did I missed something ?

Updated mod v3.4 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey R3F , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Ty for the new update mate ^^. But it's normal the FAMAS Félin isn't available ? It was in previous version... And it would be cool if we can have ASDG and MRT compatibility pbo ;).

Thank you for the terrific mod, and also thanks to those who have made things to go along with, to make it even better.

The creator mentioned that he is very busy and prioritizes work on the mod by what is most useful to R3F. I have noticed that the rifle-grenades work for the FAMAS rifles, but not for other 5.56 rifles in the same mod, or other non-R3F weapons. I would like it very much if it were possible to use these weapons on any fully exposed, STANAG-birdcage barreled rifle and suspect that it may be a fix so easy that many play groups simply write it themselves. I think it would contribute amazingly to the popularity of this mod if such an addition could be made. Should these changes reside in the ASDG config? I think that muzzle attachments are also able to adjust recoil and that is something this kind of weapon is famous for. I am learning about modding at an incredibly slow rate, but hope to be able to submit a fully written idea here one day. Until then I will hope that one of you kind people will beat me to it.

I feel as if the McMillan Tac-50 is a bit big, if there is any way to maybe size it down that would be great. Thank you for this great pack nonetheless! Here's what I am talking about: uk_sniper.jpg

Got one question - i downloaded newest R3F Weapons and cant attach scopes from example rh_acc or rhs to them - is a asdg_jr (cba built in) error or just bad config in their files?

Hi guys, is there a plan to update the 'uniformes' pack to 1.54 standards because at the moment the vests have no protective capabilities?

• Like 2

Hello R3F team and users,

There is a bug that causes the 3den camera to be stuck when pressing the "return to 3den editor" button from a preview.

This is caused by the following sequence of SQF commands:

test = "camera" camCreate [0,0,0];
test cameraeffect ["internal", "FRONT", "rendertarget0"];

Executing these lines via debug console can easily reproduce the issue. You have to have used the preview function at least once first though.

Similar lines appear in a script in R3F_ARMES. They are executed with a Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers from CBA.
That is the reason that removing either mod fixes the problem.

Another bug in 3den (there are many more) causes functions with the preInit = 1; tag to be executed unnecessarily when returning from a preview.

The easiest solution is to move the camera script to a Extended_PostInit_EventHandlers instead, as they are not affected by this engine bug.
I took the liberty to write a hack/fix PBO, that solves this problem without removing any features (as far as I can tell):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2os5vm16534o039/cba_r3f_3den_fix.pbo

The file has to be moved here: Arma 3\@R3F_ARMES\Addons\CBA_R3F_3den_fix.pbo

For the devs, this is what I did:

class Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers {
    R3F_SIT_COMDE_init = ""; // remove script
};

class Extended_PostInit_EventHandlers {
    R3F_SIT_COMDE_init = "execVM ""R3F_Armes\script\SIT_COMDE_init.sqf""";
};

@Commy2

Your explanation is interesting. But the pb does not occurs in multiplayer 3D édition...

In fact  we found a pb inside one of ours scripts.

//SitCMODE_init.sqf
//appel de l'addaction du SIT_COMDE 
If (isDedicated) exitWith {};

to be change in : 

//SitCMODE_init.sqf
//appel de l'addaction du SIT_COMDE 
If (isServer) exitWith {};

It will be Fix in the next version coming in the next seven days ;-)

Thanks for fixing the uniformes bug, now I have the British, French, German, US, Australian and Russian forces!