nanucq

R3F French Weapons Pack

I have rebooted the server and insert the FHQ_Config where, I redid a test. I had the same configuration on the server prior to the last update of the R3F weapons and uniforms (weapons 3.1 in sections 3.2 and 1.1 uniform in 3.1 ) and the FA/18 v1.2 in v1.5. I used the Vas 2.1has also, perhaps that ^^

I look at ca and tested. I would like to know

thank you

=]FF[=Walt71

don't understand : no optics work anymore now

don't understand : no optics work anymore now

In the main post the author specified that stable players (not dev branch) mustn't update to 3.2, maybe you updated the mod and you are on stable branch, I'll try the optics asap, though, just to be sure

Following the test, the optical R3F do not work in the Vas 2.1a (certainly setting of the latter or wait for an update) but the optics operate using your crates.

thank you

=]FF[=Walt71

Edited by Walt71

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===============================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Nanucq) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Excellent work, Safety and reticules zoom are great adds , just i can't find "Night Force NXS 12-42*56" in R3F box, what is it exactly?

I know you told me you reversed the proxies to get the pointers and lights on the left side of the barrel, but is there any way to make it so the sweet new top mount ir pointers like in the RH M4 pack attach to the top rail instead of the bottom?

Thanks a lot for the update.

With the new handanims, more part of the Famas can be seen at the FOV, so now I'd like to use the Famas more.

But the butt of Famas F1 stays too lower against shoulder, hope it can be fixed in the next update.

And don't forget to fix the eye memorypoint position of ironsight of HK-416, it should get closer to the ironsight like the HK-417 did.

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

so am i the only one having issues hosting mp sessions using this weapon mod?

my server is running on dev with mod version 3.2

when somebody takes one of those weapons from the vas the server makes strange things:

server is running but noone can join or switch to lobby.

here the last lines of the logfile:

[...]

String STR_R3F_SILENCIEUX_HK416_DESC not found

String STR_R3F_15Rnd_9x19_PAMAS not found

String STR_R3F_15Rnd_9x19_PAMAS_LIB not found

String STR_R3F_15Rnd_9x19_PAMAS_DESC not found

String STR_R3F_HK416M_HG not found

String STR_R3F_HK416M_HG_DESC not found

String STR_R3F_SAFE not found

String STR_R3F_SAFE not found

ErrorMessage: Warning: preNLOD format in object r3f_armes\hk416m_hg.p3d

any magic to solve that problem?

@gagi: i have tried this one out but still server crashes when loading one of those weapons despite the fact that i commented all vas stings out.

@all: still open for magic tricks

Nothing magic but it seems your game could be corrupted:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?140324-just-installed-CO-crashing-constantly-due-to-quot-preNLOD-format-in-object-quot-error

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6465-warning-prenlod-format-in-object-caplants2treet-stub-piceap3d/

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5975

You'll have to check files integrity (verifying cache in steam game properties) and redownload your mods.

The string error is irrevelant, these strings exist and are working fine.

You can also try the basics: Editor / simple mission / put an R3F crate and try to play.

Can we share Safety for other weapons?

What do you mean ? Safety is not an attachement, it's hard coded in the weapon config. It can not be put on another weapon, unless the weapon creator wantes to.

Edited by Nanucq

I finally managed to make nearly all attachment work with R3F 3.1 !!!

Using the ASDG Joint Rails addon and puting the config pbo for fhq inside the r3fadon (like in the documentation)?

I'm still missing an AIMPOINT (with the moving red dot) ... There are many AiMPOINT but I miss the one with the moving red dot ...

If you know from who this ones come from : I'm dying to get this moving AIMPOINT red dot back.

Ether it's one from R3F or FHQ accessories or Nato Spetznas ... I think it's because a filter on the VAS ...

Edited by gagi

ok thanks for the tipp. i will give it a try.

one thing about this safety option, i would suggest you put it as default firingmode. so you start with safety - single - rapid. (and adjust the animation on the guns ... the safetyswitch only switches between single and rapid fire ;) )

Nothing magic but it seems your game could be corrupted:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?140324-just-installed-CO-crashing-constantly-due-to-quot-preNLOD-format-in-object-quot-error

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6465-warning-prenlod-format-in-object-caplants2treet-stub-piceap3d/

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5975

You'll have to check files integrity (verifying cache in steam game properties) and redownload your mods.

The string error is irrevelant, these strings exist and are working fine.

You can also try the basics: Editor / simple mission / put an R3F crate and try to play.

What do you mean ? Safety is not an attachement, it's hard coded in the weapon config. It can not be put on another weapon, unless the weapon creator wantes to.

I think he is looking for what I was (went through the whole topic) the coding for the "Safety" mode on your weapons. I'm looking to do the same and was curious how do you code the safety mode in the config?

I think he is looking for what I was (went through the whole topic) the coding for the "Safety" mode on your weapons. I'm looking to do the same and was curious how do you code the safety mode in the config?

The R3F Safety feature is very basic indeed (don't know why BIS didn't do the same already...), it's simply a dummy muzzle that uses dummy magazines full of dummy bullets :D

Here is an example to illustrate, the code is not clean (some parameters could be deleted) but it works (BIS, please feel free to make it a standard feature on all weapons :))

class CfgAmmo
{
class BulletBase;
class R3F_securite_Ball: BulletBase
{
	hit = 0;
	cartridge = "FxCartridge_Small";
	cost = 0;
	typicalSpeed = 0;
	airFriction = 0;
	caliber = 0;
	model = "\A3\Weapons_f\Data\bullettracer\tracer_white";
	tracerScale = 0;
	tracerStartTime = 0;
	tracerEndTime = 0;
	nvgOnly = 0;
};	
};

class CfgMagazines
{
class CA_Magazine;
class R3F_securite_mag: CA_Magazine
{
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "";
	count = 0;
	initSpeed = 0;
	tracersEvery = 0;
	ammo = "R3F_securite_Ball";
	picture = "\R3F_Armes\Data\transparent_co.paa"; //this is a transparent texture...
	model = "";
	descriptionShort = "";
	mass = 0;
	class Library
	{
		libTextDesc = "";
	};
};
};

class CfgWeapons
{
class R3F_FAMAS_F1: Rifle_Base_F
{
	muzzles[] = {"this","securite"}; //The safety cannot be the default muzzle since it caused troubles with multiple magazines type weapons (STANDARD/TRACER/PEI)
	class securite: Default
	{
		displayName = "$STR_R3F_SAFE";
		magazines[] = {"R3F_securite_mag"};
		begin1[] = {"",1,1,1};
		soundBegin[] = {"begin1",1};
		reloadMagazineSound[] = {"",1,1,1};
		drySound[] = {"",1,1,1};
		optics = "true";
		modelOptics = "-";
		opticsZoomMin = 0.375;
		opticsZoomMax = 1.1;
		opticsZoomInit = 0.75;
		memoryPointCamera = "eye_Oeilleton";
	};
};
}

mindbl4ster

hi guys, i'm wondering if you could make a config using this mod? would love to use your scopes with other weapons

I will probably happen in a future release, but still hoping BIS will do the job because I really don't like to depend on someone else mod.

mindbl4ster

one thing about this safety option, i would suggest you put it as default firingmode. so you start with safety - single - rapid. (and adjust the animation on the guns ... the safetyswitch only switches between single and rapid fire

It will causes problems in inventory gestion if put as default firemode ith weapons that can use differents magazine types (STANDARD/PEI/TRACER), but since I tried it could have been solved...

The 3D safety switch will be corrected in next release, I don't have much time in my life right now, and since I'm doing all of it alone...

Edited by Nanucq

I will probably happen in a future release, but still hoping BIS will do the job because I really don't like to depend on someone else mod.

i do understand your hopes. it's just a pain in the ass when you try to mount non bis/r3f attachments to your weapons (so far still the best weaponsmod out there) and see that it does not work ... i can't even mount the nightforce x15/x42 on the m320 sniperrifle from bis.

The R3F Safety feature is very basic indeed (don't know why BIS didn't do the same already...), it's simply a dummy muzzle that uses dummy magazines full of dummy bullets :D

Here is an example to illustrate, the code is not clean (some parameters could be deleted) but it works (BIS, please feel free to make it a standard feature on all weapons :))

It will causes problems in inventory gestion if put as default firemode ith weapons that can use differents magazine types (STANDARD/PEI/TRACER), but since I tried it could have been solved...

The 3D safety switch will be corrected in next release, I don't have much time in my life right now, and since I'm doing all of it alone...

Much appreciated Nanucq! :D

Release 3.2 now works fine with both STABLE and DEV BRANCH :)