nanucq

R3F French Weapons Pack

Thanks for making such a nice mod.

The weapon's the level of details is really impressing!

But Barrett M107 shoots too slow in my opinion. It's cyclic rate of fire is ~325 shots per minute (even in game when you shoot it you see that bolt has cycled but you still can't shoot). Also it would be nice to see the barrel animated (recoils for about 25 mm if I'm not mistaken).

Edited by Val

I have some suggestions:

-Can you add zeroing to the AT-4 Launcher?

-Buff the M107 - increase the fire rate, increase armor penetration/damage to vehicles (especially with the incendiary round)

-Make a sniper scope with thermal vision, or a sniper FELIN scope with more zoom and zeroing.

-Add a suppressor to the M107

How about HK417 with grenade launcher? The HK417 reminds me the SCAR-H in AA2: OA, and there is a SCAR-H with grenade launcher, so i think HK417 should do the same?

Why not, but let's be clear, it's absolutely not my priority, grenade launchers are not very appreciated in my team.

@MMDANNY:

I have tried but not satisfied with zeroing on AT4 and as it's a short range rocket launcher, a little skill is more than enough.

The M107 is powerfull enough to disable a light vehicule with few rounds, buffing it wouldn't be a great idea in my opinion. increasing rate fire is an old debate with the M107 (Val already explained his point of view with ACE dev 3 years ago): Yes it can fire faster theoretically, but no human cans shoot more than 2 12.7 rounds per seconds in real life, it not a machine gun. Reload time have been changed from 0.8s to 0.5s (120 rpm).

A suppressor on M107, why not, later.

increasing rate fire is an old debate with the M107 (Val already explained his point of view with ACE dev 3 years ago): Yes it can fire faster theoretically, but no human cans shoot more than 2 12.7 rounds per seconds in real life, it not a machine gun. Reload time have been changed from 0.8s to 0.5s (120 rpm).

A suppressor on M107, why not, later.

My point is that config of the gun itself should represent only the gun's characteristics. Human limitations like not being able to fire more than 2 .50BMG rounds per second in real life should be represented some other way than in the guns config. For example being shoked (like being under suppressive fire) after firing to often or going deaf or something else. Anyway, it's up to you to decide.

By the way I'm surprised that my discussion with ACE devs isn't forgotten.

Thanks for this awesome mod, but I've got a problem with your mod it is recognized and loads just fine, but when I want to put the box in the editor on the map, there is no more Empty to choose (Side > Blufor, Opfor, Independent, Wildlife, Civilian). I am using Dev build 0.57.105250 (If not mistaken), so I can't place the box cause there is no Empty to choose Ammo.

You have to put at least one playable unit down in the editor before the 'Empty' side option will appear.

I'm such a dunce haha my buddy told me that aswell. I seriously love the weapons such quality and such great sounds. Now I'm not sure if it's allowed, but since I only play this on my own hosted server with one friend I wanted to put these weapons together with the wasteland mod, cause there are no real snipers and the weapons (Sorry BIS) of R3F are just way too perfect. Is there any way to do so IF it is allowed.

Have you got a list of the weapons??

There's a PDF in the file, with everything you need in it

Every MOD should integrate this kind of sheets: with pictures, name, class name, ammo class name

There seems to be a mild dispersion effect with the M107, enough so that it's pretty easy to miss at 500m aiming center mass with a near still reticle and almost perfect zeroing. Not sure if it's intentional or not. Otherwise this is probably my favorite weapons addon.

hi, is the JIM LR working as a rangefinder and laser designator? how can i activate it? thx

At the moment JimLR are just binoculars. In Arma 2 they were range finder and laser designator, should be the same in A3 as soon as i figure out why they don't work properly.

@Insanatrix: Dispersion is a little hight, it'll be tweaked in further release ;)

At the moment JimLR are just binoculars. In Arma 2 they were range finder and laser designator, should be the same in A3 as soon as i figure out why they don't work properly.

@Insanatrix: Dispersion is a little hight, it'll be tweaked in further release ;)

Good to hear!

*edit* Quick question, are the API rounds supposed to be simulating the RAUFOSS Mk 211 round? Would it be possible to add a regular M2 AP round as well without the explosive effect?

Edited by Insanatrix

Hi there. Amazing package and tested it. Just a noob question as I'm a noob to ARMA 3. Only had the opportunity to use it once at MP, then none of the servers was accepting the weapons. What can I do to use them in any COOP MP as that's what I'm playing. Thx in advance

Hi there. Amazing package and tested it. Just a noob question as I'm a noob to ARMA 3. Only had the opportunity to use it once at MP, then none of the servers was accepting the weapons. What can I do to use them in any COOP MP as that's what I'm playing. Thx in advance

The mission maker has to effectively put the weapons or weapon box in the mission. Also I believe the TAW virtual ammo box addon will allow you to select addon weapons, again though the mission maker has to add the TAW script into their mission.

some or all weapons within this pack missing sounds since recently alpha update.

strange you say that because i had the same with the FHQ M4 mod but not this one?????????? ODD!!

I have absolutely no sound problem since last release and actually i have 0.59.105679 and it works just fine. Problem should be on your side....

Thanks guys for this awesome mod. IMHO the best weapon mod currently out there.