Sign in to follow this  
kiory

Modelling tutorials!

Hey guys, I've started on a series of tutorials that will hopefully teach you a few things about modelling, uv unwrapping, exporting and importing into Oxygen to get all your stuff ingame, plus some REALLY boring scripting....

Anyway, I've made the first one and there is no assumption that you guys know anything about modelling, so it's fairly noob friendly!

You can see the first one here:

Alternatively you can subscribe to my channel to keep track of the tutorials as they come out. http://www.youtube.com/user/kiory12?feature=mhee

Cheers!

More to come. ;)

thanks for doing this, this is exactly what i needed

waiting for you to get to texturing/exporting to O2

are the steps any different if I use maya instead of 3dsmax?

Maya has much different controls but it's fundamentally similar. If you need a tutorial to identify the hotkeys and menu layouts, it might be best to find some basic Maya tuts. The process in either software package will be quite similar, though.

i took a beginning class in maya at my college so i'm kind of familiar with it

i already have a model "ready" and i just need to learn to texture it, and get it working in arma

@Kiory.

Hey, awesome videos! You inspired me to make a weapon of my own but I'm stuck in the hand animation. I've found and followed tutorials but none of them are super clear on what to do.

SO next time you make a weapon and put it into Arma 3 could you possible also record the steps you take in Oxygen 2 to line your hands up on the weapon AS WELL AS anything you do to the config or model files in regards to the skeleton? That would help me so so much!!! Cause in Arma 3 my guy ends up like this!! http://zachgibson22.deviantart.com/art/Somethings-not-right-here-365987976?q=gallery%3Azachgibson22&qo=0

PLEASE! I hope you can respond in some way. It doesn't even NEED audio i can just follow your clicks! And I'm sure it would help more than me.

Thanks, Zach

Already put that on my watching lists.. Im a noob on arma modding.. thank you Kiory.

Edited by azams
typo