.kju

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3

hi im new to AiA because i just bought Arma 2 complete and when i spawn in units they just have the basic nato/csat uniform and a weapon. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Remove the pbo A3_enable_model to be able to play with A2 soldiers. Otherwise keep that to play with A3 soldiers. Cant have both of them at once.

I played AiA with the tkoh maps earlier tonight, omg those maps are huuuuge! South asia must be three times the size of altis.

With that being the case does anyone know where a thread exists discussing improving the textures for it? Terrain is ok, nice mountain ranges (could do with being higher), roads need better imagery and buildings need access. I'd like to know basically if anyone knows if this is being worked on? Flying these maps and moving about would bring a massive amount of immersion. I placed a waypoint in one corner and started flying from the opposite diagonal corner, the distance was 150 km. i thought it was a glitch. But no, flying around was ace. I even looked at my fps, atm because it has lower textures i was in the nineties. Wtf???

Anyway, anyone got any ideas of direction they can point me??

Nevermind, works like charm so far.

Edited by Tike

here are some images of me flying in AiA, South Asia map from TKoH. This map needs to be worked on big time, it's mahooosive.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/705110753941462526/8A2057CCFD36BC529C26A0888D5D1D0BA0D39D57/

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/705110753941468408/2745B20983BA6C29BAD9CF7D3AD7E69C518572FD/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/705110753941477325/4E18A15C7307F83899C305CF251CAE78065B9EA1/

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/705110753941200749/7F5F967AF18F413F8EE1EDD2360E17A02F972146/

The last one was out in one of the mountain ranges.

I gotta say folks if this is not being worked on for what ever reason to get it into A3, I am amazed that no-one has tried yet. If I knew how to mod and do things that would enhance the game I would have already started.

Was this a BIS map for TakeOn or was it community made??

I did say that some of the buildings you cannot walk into, whihc is true, but alot of the buildings in that town are the bigger ones from Takistan and Zargabad, very very CQB, lots of tight alley ways and plenty of rooftop fighting. You can even go from roof to roof in some places.

I urge people to check it out. For this reason only I reckon AiA should be a standalone release.

AiA standalone basically means A2:CO, A3, and TKOH in one game? Would be great to see that, but dont think that'll ever happen. :D

Be nice if it were to happen, lots of bugs to sort and lots of hurdles to jump. If i knew how to mod i'd deffo help out.

Alot of groups don't like using AiA for the fact that you need CO to use it or at least one of the other modes of the game series anyway. So having a standalone would negate the need to have one of the other arma games.

I do find i like using aia more for the maps and content rather than using the a3map pack to play a2 maps. They're abit buggy atm aswell as a lack of brit units for a3 for my taste.

I've got the stalker units and various other bits, but using the ch47, rksl's typhoon, i just can't avoid aia for it.

Edited by SpookyGnu

I know what "standalone" means, I'm not 12! I was saying if there was one reason to make it standalone it should be that map! the seattle map is poo, compared to South asia.

I was simply asking a question and re-assuring that what you wanted was a combination of all those games (note question mark at the end). How you were so defensive in your post makes me think that you are 12.

My apologies modder, edited my post, i misread what you were trying to convey!

@ hellstorm77

Your modline is lacking Arma 3:

"-mod=@CBA_A3;@AllInArma\ProductDummies;@AllInArma\A1Dummies;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Combined Operations - Bravo Server;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Combined Operations - Bravo Server\Expansion;ARMA3MISSING;@A1A2ObjectMerge;@AllInArma\Core;@AllInArma\PostA3"

In irontfront A3 and all in arma the i cant pick up weapons from crates and i also cant take launchers off of my back, is it a problem on my end or is it universal?

Hej kju,

I have two questions:

1. is it my fault that with AiA all reload animations are those of A2/OA or has something been done within AiA?

2. the pond fix: I followed the instructions in the readme file and after installing mikero's tools, setting the paths to my a2/oa and running the file in admin mode nothing happens. From the readme I gather that the bat file should create an addon folder in this location: \ARMA3\@A2OAPondFix\addons\ but that does not happen.

Just in case, this is how I modified the paths within the .bat file:

set _ARMA3_PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3

set _ARMA2_PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive

set _ARMA2OA_PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive

set _TOOLS_PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Mikero\DePboTools\bin

I'd appreciate your help with this!

@ Flemdot Jr

Thanks. Added to the issue tracker.

Seems like BI broke/changed something in 1.08.

Probably related to reload animations or optics view.

@ GvsE

Reload anims are mostly broken since BI changed something in the engine.

I tried various fixes and hacks but no luck - best complain at BI for not caring about backwards compatibility. :(

As for the batch - you need to point to the actual folder of A2/OA

> C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive

Not really. Due to BI changes there is way too much broken in ACE unfortunately.

The batch:

but that's exactly where my A2/OA reside (the .exe of both games are there). I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

Please upload the batch file, the rpt log and a screenshot of the explorer showing the location of both.

Thanks. The rpt is from a non AiA session. The batch looks okay.

What you could do is to drag the bat into a text editor and add lines with just the text "pause" in between each major block.

That way it stops at those points, you can make screenshots that would help me to understand whats wrong.

kju,

this is embarrassing but I thought that right clicking and checking "run as admin" would actually make the script run. Turns out I needed to press "open," and then it did the trick. All is working as it should! :)

Thanks for your help and your patience!

how do you get arma 2 mod folders to work with all in arma? I read the FAQs but im still stuck

Edited by Flemdot Jr

Getting run time error on six when downloading AiA, is the image out of sync?

Getting run time error on six when downloading AiA, is the image out of sync?

Have not been able to reproduce.

What PwS version are you using, and what run time error are you getting?

Cheers

was running using old six updater... issue resolved. Thanks sickboy