.kju

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3

A 2 Launcher by Spirited Machine? If yes, then yeah, Ive been using it successfully with AiA.

In Launch Options tab point Arma II exe to Arma3, leaving all other exes (Expansion, Betas) blank, then select your mods as usual in the Addons tab. Finally, in Launch Options\Additional Paramters you need to specify AiA mod line according to instructions given at AiA wiki. Mine looks like this:

-mod=@AllInArma\ProductDummies;C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive;C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Expansion;@AllInArma\A1A2ObjectMerge;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3;@AllInArma\Core;@AllInArma\PostA3"

Good luck!

Guys

Anyone else use ARMA II launcher to launch your game with AIA?

I have linked my ARMA 2 install, with all the available DLCs, BAF, ACR and the PMC. I have started the game with the three mods inside AIA all enabled with the A2 folder linked only, I constantly get errors and the game doesn't start..

Anyone got a tip on how to start it with A2 launcher.. Thanks

OK im not sure if this has been asked and sorted out before but the campaign from A2 and OA are not working for me. Is there something I am doing wrong?

PlayWithSix verified and updated my AiA, yet I fail to have the A3 reflectors working on A2/A2OA vehicles. Has anyone a screenshot of those successfully functional in A3?

And sorry for a dumb question; did I asume wrongly that an update is just enough or do I need to move any files to oter folders manually to get this working?

@ ru55lee

The BI A2/OA campaigns are pretty broken and not possible to fix these for now.

@ topas

From the update news:

WIP: Add A3 reflectors to A2/OA/TKOH vehicles - please test, give feedback and try to tweak them yourself (.\AllInArma\Core\addons\AiA_Vehicles\Reflectors\).

I suppose some models require changes and BI did not provide information on Reflectors yet unfortunately.

A few vehicles work, most don't currently.

Thanks .kju and sorry for asking without having tested the whole set (i just jumped randomly from one vehicle to another without luck of finding those few working ones, will do today though). ;)

;2509421']BI did not provide information on Reflectors yet unfortunately.

Yes they did' date=' Tilion (BI) provided loads of useful info:

[url']http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?155462-Reflector-lights[/url]

There's also some community suggestions for fixing the sound echo issue if you pay attention to the editing forum:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?164073-Echo-issue-when-vehicle-weapons-fired

@ all fans of this awesome mod, as for the issue, "Script initJIPcompatible.sqf not found error - while the annoying message is gone, my change breaks essentially all BI missions and campaigns.. please vote to make BI fix the underlying engine issue." I see that BI developer Moricky has posted in the Notes for this bug report that it will be fixed in today's dev build.

Awesome news! :yay:

Thank you BI (and kju). Please keep supporting this mod - one of the most important A3 content mods, IMHO.

Edit: hmmm, today's Dev build log just posted and no mention of this change? Did it really make it in to today's build? (at work and cannot test right now)

So any news? I've been checking the dev build log and its still not mentioned if it has been fixed.

OK thanks kju. So I can play A2 user missions with this? If so how would i go about it? Install the missions into A2 directory then AiA will recognize it in A3 scenario on main menu?

You would need to move the missions to ARMA 3 Missions folder or make symbolic links from your ARMA 2 Missions folder to the ARMA 3 Missions folder.

Thats how I've done it and it works great. It even works for some user made campaigns.

It's possible to run AiA with arma3 server so we can have arma2 weapons, vehicles on a3 server?

If its possible please tell me how to do that.

Thanks.

When ejecting from a plane, Arma 2 parachute will auto deploy even if you are not wearing any.If you are wearing a parachute,it will deploy anyway.I have to "eject" from the Arma 2 parachute to actually acces Arma 3 Parachute function.

Just run the server with the batch file on the wiki and add your server parameters (such as -server, configs etc) to it.

I've downloaded AiA. Ok. Let's play.

"Circular addon dependency in 'AiA_A1Mapping'

and game over... for what reason?

When ejecting from a plane, Arma 2 parachute will auto deploy even if you are not wearing any.If you are wearing a parachute,it will deploy anyway.I have to "eject" from the Arma 2 parachute to actually acces Arma 3 Parachute function.

In arma 2 there are no wearable parachutes everyone just magically has one

@ topas

Please try again in the upcoming release. Did some fixes and attached my test mission.

@ da12thMonkey

Thanks for the second link. That was it. Asked BI for docu before on that, but they had no time.

Similar for Reflectors - I was aware of the info from Tilion there and already talked to him

a long time ago about expanding the docu - unfortunately he did not find the time so far.

@ ru55lee

As Valken suggests. Copy the mission pbos over or symlink the folder into A3\missions.

@ mladjaSRB

Check the FAQ section of the wiki. It answers your question.

@ SlamDuck

There is no other solution possible with the goal of backwards compatibility.

Unfortunately BI has not found a better design/kept backwards compatibility in mind.

One could script an auto removal of the "old" chute, when the unit has parachute

as backpack item for all A3 infantry.

Please make a ticket in the project space and I will look into it at some point.

@ Max75

Most likely your modline is wrong. Please read the wiki for more info.

@ Denco

AiA itself is only to provide a base.

It is meant to remain as small as possible and focus on its core principle.

It is easy to make replacement configs to have A2/OA/A3 models replace infantry/weapons/vehicles.

;2515242']

@ Denco

AiA itself is only to provide a base.

It is meant to remain as small as possible and focus on its core principle.

It is easy to make replacement configs to have A2/OA/A3 models replace infantry/weapons/vehicles.

Sorry I'm a complete noob at such things. I tried googling this but it all made me more confused.

As far as I understand I need to create a config.hpp file and add my changes inside. Does that config needs to be inside the custom pbo file. Do I have to make a structured folder like mymod/addons/custom.pbo file?

Or do I have to unpbo the addon I want as a replacement pack and edit that config.hpp?

If someone config-savvy could volunteer for writing this replacement pack, we would be eternally grateful for this "savior" job ;D

New version available: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/all-in-arma/files

Changes:

• Added: Adjust lighting to Fabio Chavez's work.
  • Added: optional addon to use standard A3 lighting again.
  • Added: batch script to merge A1 and A2 misc and building containers.
  • Added: batch script to create a workaround for the pond related issues.

• Changed: Improve A2/OA unit replacement by A3 models.
  • Changed: Assign launcher infantry a generic backpack to allow them to carry ammo for them.
  • Changed: Assign correct unit type picture for command bar.

• Fixed: Script initJIPcompatible.sqf not found error - requires dev branch!
  • Fixed: Weird echo heard when sitting in a vehicle and weapons are fired.

Full details: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1516

WIP changes:

---

Notes:

• CBA A3 beta 4 required (and no other CBA version).
  • Delete the former @AllInArma modfolder first.
  • The design of A3 vs A2/OA/TKOH infantry and hidden content has changed. Make sure to read the FAQ.
  • NEW: If you want to play A1 terrains without missing objects, run the merge script in @AllInArma\A1A2ObjectMerge. More details in the readme in the same folder.
  • If you want to play A1 missions, you need to load A2 and OA along as well. Queen's Gambit missions are not yet supported.
  • NEW: If you want to fix the waterline/pond issue, run the merge script in @AllInArma\A2OAPondFix. More details in the readme in the same folder.
  • NEW: Make sure to use the updated Launch All in Arma - XXX.bat from the files section to load the additional modfolders for the two workarounds above. See the wiki for more info.
  • Please read the known-issues section, the FAQ and howTo-post-issues.

Important notes:

Please vote in the A3 Feedback Tracker (FT) for AiA related tickets.

See links in the Known issues section.

Contribute:

We are looking for a nice banner, promo screenshots and promo trailers for our new AllInArma info page.

If you want to help out with your skills, please contact me. :)

Enjoy :bounce3:

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

Wow awesome.

Also I plan on playing Arma 2 user missions with this. But some require some mods for arma 2. How would I go about installing these? Would I still need to add them to Arma 2 directory or can I add it through the All in Arma launcher .bat?

@ Denco, Corporal_Lib[bR]

I will post a guide next week.

Do you want to use custom A3 models, or custom A2/OA models?

@ ru55lee

If you want to use custom infantry, or vehicles with such, you need to disable the A3 models. See FAQ for that.

As for the install location:

* When you put them into the A3 game folder, you can use relative path like @MyMod or @CollectionA\Mod4711

* To reference them from other locations, you need full path like c:\path\to\@MyMod - see the wiki note about spaces in the path.

As for the modline you just add them after CBA in the batch file:

set _CUSTOM_MODS=@CBA_A3

Does this answer your questions?

;2516650']@ Denco' date=' Corporal_Lib[bR']

I will post a guide next week.

Do you want to use custom A3 models, or custom A2/OA models?

@ ru55lee

If you want to use custom infantry, or vehicles with such, you need to disable the A3 models. See FAQ for that.

As for the install location:

* When you put them into the A3 game folder, you can use relative path like @MyMod or @CollectionA\Mod4711

* To reference them from other locations, you need full path like c:\path\to\@MyMod - see the wiki note about spaces in the path.

As for the modline you just add them after CBA in the batch file:

Does this answer your questions?

OK thanks. Well I did it but I get an error while loading the mission. It says something like;

titlecut ["BLACK IN" , 5]

Error invalid number in expression.

Then crashed my game.

I dont think its anything to do with AiA but its ok :D

First of again thanks for the hard work on this! Without modders in the Arma comunnity this game would be missing lots of fun. Quick question. Is it just me, or is there no muzzle flash from tanks, and infantry? Could be on my end as I use mods. If its yes. I can track it down eventually. lol If its no. Is there any plans to fix this? Thanks :)