.kju

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3

This is indeed really sad to read. But I salute you kju, for all of your hard work you did. It's really sad it ends this way, but I wish you only the best in the future ;) Thank YOU kju!

thanks Kju for all awesome work and hopefully you stick around for just sheer interest ...

Thank you, kju, for all you did. Being a modder myself, I know how much time it consumes. Few people can really appreciate that.

Thank you for your hard work .kju. If not for you, I would not have picked up Arma 3 Alpha and enjoyed your work.

I do hope you would return back one day.

I hope Bis considers taking up ARMA 3 rearmed.

You made the most valuable contributions to arma 3, which across the board, adressed many of the core problems of a very flawed game, You invested so much time into user support that i sometimes suspected that You have cloned yourself to be able to deliver 24/7 technical service. You are a profound encyclopaedia shareing your knowledge for free with inexhaustible patience to anyone who seeked your advice. Many talented and dedicated modders gravitated toward You for You have been an amplifyer, multiplicator and accelerator that gave individuals the opportunity to contribute their work to something bigger than each one would have been able to acheive on his own.

Thank you!!!

p.s. For the record, since your content is what kept the game playworthy, and the foundation for the last glimmer of hope, that something like a real pvp community could finally emerge from the wasteland that is arma3 multiplayer, your departure, for me, is also the final frustration that i am willing to take. None the less i hope that CUP and IFA3 will flourish in the future!

Edited by Fabio_Chavez
  • Like 1

Thanks for everything kju - your work, your support, and your unswerving contribution to a civil ethos among us modders has been invaluable.

Thanks for everything, kju! Your work is awesome!

Very sad, the whole situation (especially the backward compability).

Edited by Undeceived

And, so it begins... The writing has been on the wall, it seems.

Bohemia owes you much for all of the work you have done, and the hoops you have had to jump through to do it. It is sad to see your post, but not surprising, to be honest.

Thanks for your years of contribution to this community. It is a shame so many people financially support streamers, youtubers, etc, while virtually ignoring the needs of those who actually build the things they play. It is also a shame that Bohemia didn't find it necessary (in my opinion) to properly invest in a more robust, performance capable, and future proof foundation to build upon. I suspect people wouldn't be *as* bothered by the lack of effort towards backwards compatibility if the payoff was a modern, and robust platform on which to build new assets for... without all the hassle, shitty performance, and same old tired issues of the past.

It seems this was inevitable, and is just the first big ball to drop. The writing has been on the wall for some time (in my opinion).

It won't be tomorrow, or the next day... But, in my view, Bohemia is playing catch up with the industry at large. I just don't know if they realize it yet, and the pace at which they move (admittedly a bit better in recent months on some issues) has left the door swinging wide open for competition. Next gen consoles (like em or not) are driving the industry at large (finally) towards building engines that deal with many cores, and low clock speeds (the exact opposite of what Bohemia's engine is) and that will be good for pc gamers in the long run, I think. Our hardware has needed software that doesn't rely so heavily on chasing clock speeds, for a good 5+ years now. Our shitty console ports will be built on technology that is geared towards modern processors. And, the increasing availability of such technology will empower more companies with the opportunity to provide competition in the space that Bohemia currently occupies. Future proofing would have been doing it right with Arma 3 in the first place. Talking about the foundation. A real engine overhaul. Having that to build on. Especially given the extended and repeated delays during A3's dev process. They would have been well-positioned then. Now, they are just flush with cash, and still with 10 year old issues and fundamental flaws in their foundation. Things haven't stood still elsewhere, though. As a result, Bohemia's window is closing much quicker now (my opinion). They should check their rear view mirror. They are about to get passed and then lapped.

Hey I'm relatively new to these forums but this seems like the best place to get help. So when I start up arma with AiA enabled (with CBA and CUP enabled too) i get a startup screen that looks like this (i can't send links because i havent posted yet but i will in a follow up) along with many errors. Does anyone know a fix, and thanks in advance!

---------- Post added at 02:13 ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 ----------

Here is the error http://imgur.com/AaRVehb

My game has a weird problem when I enable AIA, steamcommunity(dot)com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=388068748 I've enabled only the mods required and it only happens when i enable aia, the mods you see in that screenshot are others I use too, but even with just the basic mods required it does the same.

Really sad to see this mod not being maintained any longer but regardless I do have 1 request from the makers that shouldnt be too hard to do. I personally love this pack but i realise for some 16gigs or what ever it is might be much for some people to download but no for me.

What I'm requesting is that you release a pack that just has the weapons and air land units basically everything other than the maps in a separate pack so at least we could get that added on playwithsix as say ALLINARMAUNITS pack, ive fooled around with the aia standalone and its absolutely beautiful. I wish the RHS guys could pickup where you left off with the units.

bottom line would be insanely awesome if you guys could do that and release as your last move! think about it! :)

@chortles: cup is only the weapons, not any of the air land units. but thanks chortles ive looked into CUP

Edited by onedigita

Only the weapons for now; as specified there vehicle implementation is planned as well so that @CUP would serve the all-in-one role.

Getting two errors, one when starting Arma 3, this happens with the Stable and Dev Builds. This is the error I get when I start Arma 3 (addon 'aia_sounds_config' requires addon 'aia_sounds_data'). I also get this next error when I try to preview any map in the editor... it is (No entry 'config.bin/CfgPatches.aia_sounds_data'.) does anybody know how to fix this error? Or can someone tell me what is going on with it please and thanks! It does not let me play the game at all!

Since Arma3 1.50 update All In Arma (AiA) does not work at all. It stucks to Arma III loading screen..

Does anybody know how to rollback to 1.48?

I (and ~60 others) was playing on both Chenarus and Takistan last night. Do you have the latest version?

/KC

I (and ~60 others) was playing on both Chenarus and Takistan last night. Do you have the latest version?

/KC

Yes,

are you sure we are speaking same All in Arma mod, I am Original AiA and are you AiA Standalone?

My problem is that i cant use anymore FDF mod from Arma 2 , works "fine" in original but wont in AiA Standalone.

Rollback is solved just type Arma3Legacy148 to Steam beta tab.

And this seems to be problem in Iron Front mod too. huoh.

I'd appreciate a little advice. I was running AiA Terrain pack and kept getting this error message, 'Config.bin/CfgPatches.aia_Takistan_data. ' Today I thought to download the AllinArmaDataTerrainPack so I did, all 5gb of it, hoping it would solve the problem but actually it made things worse, I couldn't even open the Stratis map in the Editor because that error kept coming up. Is there anything I can do to solve this. Thanks in advance Ayjay.