.kju

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3

Looking for classnames (of takistan civilians specifically).

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks.

I did.

So it's the same as ARMA 2 ?

Yeah they don't seem to work - at least for me, unless I'm doing something totally wrong, pretty funny spawns tho - people with their heads between their legs etc.. ;)

Edited by thefinn

I did.

So it's the same as ARMA 2 ?

I'm not 100% sure but I think they are.

I'm only using the AiA Terrain Pack but going on the thread info: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?175109-All-in-Arma-High-Quality-pack-%28AiA-HQ%29-Replacement-addons-for-AiA

would seem to indicate that the infantry units have replacements, civilians don't by the looks of it and that would mean that they're under they're vanilla classname (unless I'm saying something really stupid right now).

You can always drop a few in the editor, save and open up the SQM to see what classes are in there.

yeah seems they don't work, I just tried doing that through MCM... they just come up as vanilla arma 3 civs blue shirt and shorts.

Pity :\

I was really looking forward to putting those in there, the vehicles do work on the other hand.

Militia has the same issues, they come up with weapons that don't have muzzle flash, and in full military uniforms. I'll fall back on the HAFM ISIS pack for that for the moment.

Edited by thefinn

Im using the stand alone version with the high quality pack. And for some reason my characters arms for some units have deformed and stretched out arms.

You cannot have A2 and A3 style replacement units activated at the same time.

So for customer missions, campaigns or mods with custom units, you either have to not use and disable the A3 style and replacement units OR not use any custom A2 units, while using A3 style replacement units.

So I can't have AIA SA activated at the same time as High Quality Pack?

You can have AiA SA and AiA HQ pack, BUT you CANNOT use any old A2 CUSTOM units without corruption!

So you can have:

AiA with the original A2 units AND A2 custom units - MOVE the "AiA_ActivateA3Models.pbo" out of the "ArmA 3\@AllInArmaStandalone\addons\ folder/directory to another folder/directory"

OR

AiA with A3 units AND AiA HQ units - leave the "AiA_ActivateA3Models.pbo" in the "ArmA 3\@AllInArmaStandalone\addons\" folder/directory.

You CANNOT load AiA SA + AiA HQ and remove AiA_ActivateA3Models.pbo OR load a custom A2 units mod addon at the same time without corruption.

Is that clear?

Weapons, maps, and vehicles will work with both A2 and A3 units mixed. The A2 tanks will have wonky physics until it has proper PhysX support but you can at least load it without crashing the map.

You can have AiA SA and AiA HQ pack, BUT you CANNOT use any old A2 CUSTOM units without corruption!

So you can have:

AiA with the original A2 units AND A2 custom units - MOVE the "AiA_ActivateA3Models.pbo" out of the "ArmA 3\@AllInArmaStandalone\addons\ folder/directory to another folder/directory"

OR

AiA with A3 units AND AiA HQ units - leave the "AiA_ActivateA3Models.pbo" in the "ArmA 3\@AllInArmaStandalone\addons\" folder/directory.

You CANNOT load AiA SA + AiA HQ and remove AiA_ActivateA3Models.pbo OR load a custom A2 units mod addon at the same time without corruption.

Is that clear?

Weapons, maps, and vehicles will work with both A2 and A3 units mixed. The A2 tanks will have wonky physics until it has proper PhysX support but you can at least load it without crashing the map.

Understood, Thank you

Old A2 infantry models are no longer supported in Standalone version right ?:(

But if i will use Merge version will it help me, to load old A2 models ?

If it helps , what should be done to load them without any errors ?

Both versions AIA merged and AIA Standalone still works with either A2 or A3 models, but not at the same time.

Use the instructions I've listed above. I switch back and forth from both to play A2 missions.

But I use AiA merged to play with A2 units, and AiA SA for A3 units. You can also use the @ascz_a2_map_fixes with AiA merged to improve A2 map lighting.

Both versions AIA merged and AIA Standalone still works with either A2 or A3 models, but not at the same time.

Use the instructions I've listed above. I switch back and forth from both to play A2 missions.

But I use AiA merged to play with A2 units, and AiA SA for A3 units. You can also use the @ascz_a2_map_fixes with AiA merged to improve A2 map lighting.

Okay those units works fine. Thank you:)

Now i got Unsung mod. Everything works and looks perfect(almost): units, vehicles, maps... Everything, expect weapons sounds:confused:

Sounds good

And that what happens when i run it: PI4oWQBgT7o.jpg

Edited by rarvarvar

I'm a PW6 user and, to be completely honest, I run a PLETHORA of mods/addons...so when I started having the following issue, it took some time to figure out the cause which I've narrowed down to AiA SA/AiA SA Lite and have seen it confirmed by other players who haven't reported here. I'm not sure if I'm the only one.

For a while, about a couple of weeks now, I haven't been able to toggle my GPS. I could open it, but not leave it on the screen. Likewise, any other UI addition that behaved like the GPS wouldn't stay on the screen. For example, cTab (Commander Tablet) and MCC (Mission Control Center)'s squad PDA wouldn't open because they're automatically set as a toggle rather than opening on key press and closing on release.

After some Google searching, I found this thread on 15th MEU's forums where one of their users claimed that he's recently had the same issue and narrowed it down to AiA SA:

http://15thmeu.net/forums/index.php?topic=32458.0

They didn't offer any solution and overall seemed rather nonchalant about it. Thing is, for me, having my GPS or my CTAB is really nice because I do a lot of piloting.

I finally ended up biting the bullet, which was hard since I'm not over-exaggerating when I say I use a lot of mods/addons, and did a bit of binary exclusion and trial-and-error before eventually loading up mods one-by-one. It's hard for me to get rid of AiA SA/SA Lite, not because I personally have to have the A2 content - I have CUP and plenty of ports for that and really don't like the clutter that the (no offense and I know it's personal preference) older models offer my virtual arsenal and Zeus - but because, as I've just recently posted in the AiA TP thread, I've had an issue for about two months or so that was supposedly fixed in September or earlier. When I try to run AiA TP without AiA SA, I get errors such as missing "AiA Core" (circular dependency) but everything works perfectly with both turned off. I've checked my mods for anything that could be using AiA or conflicting with it such as previously mentioned map fixes and what-not but haven't found anything.

So, there you have it, my two issues: AiA TP cannot be ran without AiA SA or AiA SA Lite and both AiA SA versions seem to break the GPS toggle option and any other mod that uses a similar UI toggle.

Please post up your mod-list... I'm hoping you just run the mods you need (common sense-like ;-p) .... not everything in your collection All the time...... :)

Edited to add - just so I don't sound like I'm being difficult for the sake of it.

I think it's important to understand that you will NOT, ever, be able to run all mods with all mods. It's physically not possible. They might all load up, but you will be getting a hell of a lot of script errors getting fired off and all sorts of funnies, disappearing Ui elements are precisely the kinds of problems this will cause.

However tempting it is, you must just run the mods you need. UNLESS you have painstakingly added additional "Nice to have mods" one at a time and checked there is no conflict, RPT spam, Script error generated etc.

It's just not reasonable to expect a mod developer to sort this problem for you, or even look at it - unless you can hand on heart show that you have validated your build and can specifically identify the error. I assume you run with script errors on, +RPT's, and Check your logs regulary...?

If you haven't done that... I would take some time to review how you play the game and what you expect from your modset - very much player beware I'm afraid. Like I said on the other post I'm part of a large unit who administer mods via Pw6 to @100 user base split between public and Private unit ops each week - we've seen just about every error you can imagine but not yours.

Edited by serjames

Please post up your mod-list... I'm hoping you just run the mods you need (common sense-like ;-p) .... not everything in your collection All the time...... :)

Edited to add - just so I don't sound like I'm being difficult for the sake of it.

I think it's important to understand that you will NOT, ever, be able to run all mods with all mods. It's physically not possible. They might all load up, but you will be getting a hell of a lot of script errors getting fired off and all sorts of funnies, disappearing Ui elements are precisely the kinds of problems this will cause.

However tempting it is, you must just run the mods you need. UNLESS you have painstakingly added additional "Nice to have mods" one at a time and checked there is no conflict, RPT spam, Script error generated etc.

It's just not reasonable to expect a mod developer to sort this problem for you, or even look at it - unless you can hand on heart show that you have validated your build and can specifically identify the error. I assume you run with script errors on, +RPT's, and Check your logs regulary...?

If you haven't done that... I would take some time to review how you play the game and what you expect from your modset - very much player beware I'm afraid. Like I said on the other post I'm part of a large unit who administer mods via Pw6 to @100 user base split between public and Private unit ops each week - we've seen just about every error you can imagine but not yours.

Not to offer a lackluster response with no modlist or RPT's as I've tested this with a couple of mod collections that only had 5-10 mods active including AiA but is it just coincidence that there was also a post about this being an issue on the 15th MEU's forum where two of their members were having the issue and is it coincidence that my problem was fixed as soon as I disabled AiA? Honestly, as far as posting a modlist or any RPT's, that would require me to test again (as I did with multiple combinations of mods that almost everyone uses such as RHS, CBA, JSRS, etc.) because I'm embarrassed to post, as you put it, all of my script errors and how much mod hoarding I do. I can get by with the little problems but this occurs rather or not I'm doing "abnormal" over-modded gameplay.

I by no means expect any developer to cater to every single user's issue, that's not why I came here. I also know that it's insane when I do run way more mods than I should. This was an issue with a very small mod collection running and with a very large one running, a problem that was experienced by people that I don't even know well and just so happened to find their own private account of the issue in a Google search.. I didn't come here to complain or ask for an immediate fix that may only be affecting a few people but it seemed like one that hadn't been reported and I thought that maybe people with a little more experience and, obviously if they're making a mod that's the scope of AiA, a little more time, experience, knowledge, and dedication than I have.

If I could sit here and solve the problem myself, I would've done that already.

tl;dr: I'm not making this post or my one in AiA TP to complain. I'm sure I could get the maps from A2 one way or another, even if it was a way I didn't prefer such as using A3MP, but I thought it would be helpful to overall mod development and the community and its players that may be experience similar or the same issues to report it to people who have the knowledge and power to fix it because I'm obviously not the only one who's having the problem and, as we've seen, those people didn't bother to come here and report it. It begs the question how many others are having the same issue and won't bother to report the issue because "someone else will" or they can live without.

Edited by dblack850

Can you be sure that none of your addons have ever accidently found their way into the Arma3/addons folder.

They're always outside either in the root Arma folder as @mod folders or held on PW6's preferred My docs ?

Turn your RPT's on and it will tell you exactly where the game broke (You typed a lot but I didn't see a proper reason why you're not using them) :-)

If you're not sure where to check for them go here

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Arma 3

(detail if you want to read about it, here https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files )

That will tell you what broke your game - do that first please

The argument about 15MEU - 99% of errors in Arma 3 and especially with modding is because the person with the problem has done something fundamentally wrong with their setup.. If you stick around you'll see this same kind of defensive reaction from developers because they have to grow thick skins to people who don't have a visible background either on the forum, or are the ONLY ones on the forum calling out an issue. Until those guys come here with the same issue it could be a MILLION other things that is causing their game to break.

So first thing first. RPT please :-)

... still waiting. I can see you've posted on RHS forum too asking if they will combine their mods from 2 on PW6 to 1 so you can continue to run 80+ mods at once..

You're not building up much of a case to help you here ?

... still waiting. I can see you've posted on RHS forum too asking if they will combine their mods from 2 on PW6 to 1 so you can continue to run 80+ mods at once..

You're not building up much of a case to help you here ?

My apologies, my apologies. I got everything running and haven't posted simply because I've been unable to reproduce the AiA TP missing AiA Core results. I -could- embarassingly switch to a playlist with more mods running just for the hell of it and post the RPT but it seems to all have been fixed when I started over with a new PW6 collection. I believe it may have been an addon that was automatically calling on HLC as a dependency or another addon that's been replaced by CUP but I cannot confirm. Like I said, I'll have to go through the hell of trying to run way too many mods again to reproduce it and I'm fairly happy with the limit I'm pushing at the moment.

I haven't tried AiA SA again, honestly. I could boot up the exact collections these problems occurred with but it's not going to be pretty. I'm sincerely embarassed to post RPT's that show me running 80+ mods, as you confirmed but I will as soon as I have the spare time to get on my PC and load up the game with the corresponding collections, for both the AiA TP and SA errors. I'm not sure what the AiA SA problem will say seeing as how it's just disabling a certain interface ability. Would I want to repeatedly try to toggle GPS/cTAB/MCC PDA and end it there?

NOTE: Please no addon developer take offense that I singled out CUP and the latest MV-22 Osprey upload as possible causes of this issue/conflict/error. I'm guessing on approximation since I added all of these addons to this collection in pairs and tested each time I added a pair. It's just a guess.

EDIT: My current PW6 collection is 74 addons and has no issues aside from an initial error that I believe is caused by CUP or the newest MV-22 Osprey addon but I can't be sure because the error box is vague. From memory, it's something along the lines of 'elite' requires addon ''. Yep, I don't know what "elite" is and I definitely don't know what the unnamed addon is that it requires.

Also, stop stalking my posts :p I get on the forums when I have time and post what I have information for!

Here's the RPT from one of the many collections I was getting the AiA TP - Circular Addon Dependency in 'AiA_Core' error. This particular collection contains way more mods than others I've had the issue with but I've already deleted those collections :/

1)http://pastebin.com/UbVcYq81

It's worth noting that adding AiA SA fixes this problem but breaks my toggle interface elements like GPS.

Here's my new, 99% probably unrelated issue if you wanna take a crack at it. I'd certainly appreciate it. Really appreciate it. (The 'elite requires addon '' error. I should've copied the RPT before hitting 'Ok' and letting the game go to menu.)

2) http://pastebin.com/puFHxBq5

[EDIT 2]: I've detected a conflict that causes problem 1's symptoms after doing some more testing. "@litorialcship" (Littoral Combat Ship (LCS-1)) caused "Circular Addon Dependency in 'AiA_Core' error" when added to my collection. There was no error after removing it once more.

Edited by dblack850

lol - I promise no stalking just bored at work and spotted it ! :-)

I can't open the detail here - will take a gander for you when I get home.

P.s. sounds like you have the majority of the issues sorted though (74 mods :-O lol)

SJ

@dblack850 you should not mix AiA, AiA TP and AIA SA into each other. That could create problems like Circular Addon Dependency in 'AiA_Core', because you're loading it twice.

lol - I promise no stalking just bored at work and spotted it ! :-)

I can't open the detail here - will take a gander for you when I get home.

P.s. sounds like you have the majority of the issues sorted though (74 mods :-O lol)

SJ

It's all good, man! I was kidding. I appreciate all of the help and enjoy the discussion. Like I said, I know it's wrong and I know it's crazy but I just can't help myself. I'm usually a multiplayer type of guy but when it comes to singleplayer, I become a hoarder when it comes to adding content because I'm obsessed with sandboxes and having a ton of options.

I've had collections with around 200 mods before I learned what trouble it could be! I have nearly 200gb of mods on my computer. I have a problem.

@dblack850 you should not mix AiA, AiA TP and AIA SA into each other. That could create problems like Circular Addon Dependency in 'AiA_Core', because you're loading it twice.

Yeah, I know. Thank you for pointing that out though because I actually didn't know that for the longest time! I'm glad to have it down to just AiA TP right now. The problem with the mod collection I was running was that I was getting the circular dependency error when I was only running AiA TP and not AiA SA along with it. Like I said, though, I think I've finally narrowed down that problem to "@litorialcship"!

Now if only I could figure out what this 'elite' addon is and what it's trying to call for as a dependency and figure out if AiA SA is still blocking toggle interfaces like my GPS! :D

=============================

= Note: This project is no longer maintained! =

=============================

tl'dr

Unfortunately I have to announce the end of development and support on my behalf

for all AiA projects. If someone wants to take over, contact me/go for it (APL SA).

Reasons

I want to briefly outline the reasons in the following - mainly to give insights

to those donated money to me to get to understand the decision and situation, as

well as to those who care about the project and want to know what's going on.

For more context and background check this and that post.

In short it is simply financially not viable to continue - the various projects

(working for BI (A3 Rearmed, DayZ SA), SIX networks (withSIX), the different AiA

versions, Iron Front in Arma 2/3) were an attempt to fund the development of a

complex game mode for Arma 3.

Sadly all these attempts have been unsuccessful - by large margin. It was not even

enough to sustain the work on these projects, let alone to generate a surplus of

money to cross-finance the game mode. So I have no choice but to stop.

More details for those interested:

• The effort behind all this is massive - even my deep insights into arma modding,
    my professional software engineering background, partial automation and use of
    advanced tools it still takes lots and lots of hours.
    While the modding alone takes much time due to the sub-bar level of the arma engine
    and tool set in regards to modding, there is also testing, release management, lots of
    user assistance, support and team communication.
    This is work for a regular full-time day job, which it has been for me for several
    months; or actually something for a team of people/professional company with paid
    staff.

• Unfortunately there was just limited progress at the end of the year.
    The background here is I invested almost two months to assist the CUP team to
    get the first release out, trying to improve the collaborative setup for the team
    and to handle all the inquiries to join the project after Dslyecxi's promo video -
    meaning lots of 1-to-1 communication.
    As side note sadly not much has come out of this - partially due lack of leadership,
    giving people instructions or work to be done, yet overall its very challenging to
    find dedicated people..

• With BI shifting priorities during A3 development and as a result no longer improving
    backwards compatibility of the engine and the work on A3 Rearmed getting stopped,
    it made it very hard to make AiA an usable platform.
    As we can see over a year later since the source model release, its a very time
    intensive progress with only very few people up for the challenge (major kudos to
    Reyhard, Alwarren, Varanon, Chairborne and a few others).
    Sadly even despite fairly popular support BI could not get convinced to put
    more resources into improving backwards compatibility of the engine. At least
    much thanks to Dwarden and pettka trying their best!

• Donations and patreon didn't work out - you can read more about the outcome here.

• To do is a hobby is not longer viable for me - I have been modding ofp and
    arma for almost ten years; like many others, I have put many many thousands of
    hours into promoting, playing, modding to improve this game and environment
    around it.
    With one difference - most people have moved on or have given up a long time ago.
    Only very few people remain by now - their dedication, skills, sharing and work
    is essential to this community. With more and more stopping the impact will be
    felt (actually is for quite some time if one looks closely or talks to people
    outside this forum..).
    Arma is just too much of an obscure and poor environment for modding (official
    tools, workflow, custom scripting language, engine limitations, etc) and the lack
    of backwards compatibility in A3 that makes most of the previous community made
    content obsolete or very labersome and tedious to port over. It seems most
    people have not realized these effects, or have accepted to what is available
    or the old crowd are no longer playing anyway..
    For me personally I haven't been playing Arma for over 3 years, except for a short
    time in some competitions during A3 alpha.
    This is mainly due to my arms injury and having to dedicate computer time to
    modding over playing, yet also as the PvP scene broke down finally completely
    after A3 alpha and my team, as well as many others, are not happy with the A3
    gameplay and performance..

Future of the projects

So what does this mean for the AiA projects - basically there are these options:

• As all projects are open source and APL SA someone else could take over.
    The complexity, scale and overall effort makes this quite a challenge though.
    In case someone is really up for it, I will try to upload all my WIP data to shared host.

• Eventually AiA might get superseded by CUP (or other projects) and become obsolete.

• AiA goes into hibernation eventually going defunct by one of the patches from BI
    (unless someone else makes a third party fix).

Donations

On a separate note I want to thank sincerely everyone having contributed via

Patreon or PayPal!

Unfortunately it didn't work out in the end, yet I hope you are happy with what

I was able to achieve. Again my full appreciation to your support!

Personal future

I will keep this very brief.

1. CUP
    The current plan is to support them still until the end of the month to ensure
    a smooth transition.
  2. IFA3
    Unless BI, X1 and DS get their act together to make a DLC for A3 possible,
    I will only be able to assist the IFA3 team by building the patches; other than
    that they are on their own from now on.
  3. Game mode
    In case I still find a way to fund the development, I might give it a final try.
  4. Arma modding
    Aside from the above my time with arma has come to a close. Good times, bad times.
    Time for the next chapter.

Acknowledgment

Thank you everyone who assisted me with the projects the past years and showed

his/her appreciation!

;2856879']Thank you everyone who assisted me with the projects the past years and showed

his/her appreciation!

Thank YOU for all the work and efforts for all those years! You are one of those few holding things together, giving everyone a hint and tries to help every time! I wish you all the best for what ever might be your future projects! THANKS ALOT!

LJ