.kju

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3

Hey Kju. me and atin have started work on the CDF mod, and theres some units you can use for replacements once its released

example the CDF 2009 soldiers to replace the CDF

the NAPA soldiers to replace the ind guerrilla faction

and the Chedaki to replace the ChdKZ

Also very interested in Chernarus+ for A2 and A3. But I hope C+ is unfinished and will improve, e.g. I think many buildings are not seen as obstacles by ai...

Hey BI, you've learned how to make money, so why not publish as a DLC?

I NTFS linked the addon folder to A2 and A3. A3 more success, many error messages... A2 even worse, crash of the exe.

Arma 2/OA users have deserve to get the CH + for the many years of patience

Seriously? And we all deserve a nice red Ferrari for all the offtopic posts we have to go through in each thread here.

This is an AllInArma thread. What Dwarden just wrote here above, if you haven't noticed, explicitely forbids running CH+ in A3 engine at the moment. Which, even from a business and development standpoint makes perfect sense. Sure they might reconsider in the future, once DayZ SA gets released, but if you want to discuss something that is so far in the future, please do it in a new thread than in the AllInArma thread. Because consider that most readers of this thread want to know about AiA updates and issues instead of CH+.

nice work Bohemian woodsmen =) i bet your brain is boil over

I don't mind such discussions in here. After all they are related to the core idea of the project - to combine all RV engine products or better to make their content available in A3.

Obviously in regards to CH+ AiA as a public project has to adhere to BI's stance. Let's hope they make it a DLC for A3 for some 10-15€ - best with a free light version to retain MP compatibility. :)

---

To come back to AllInArma itself - let's start with an announcement of the plans for the near future and mid to long term goals.

In addition I'd like to hear the thoughts of you guys on these.

With BI's release of the complete PBO data for A1, A2, OA and it's DLCs and a license allowing redistribution of modified PBOs, I can:

1) Repack anims, ui and a few others - this will reduce rpt spam a great deal.

In return the size of the mod will rise a good deal.

2) Do a standalone pack - therefore people no longer have to own A1+A2+OA+DLCs and it will become far easier to launch the mod.

This means of course the size will get up to a whopping 7-8 GB range.

We will probably attempt to offer the feature in play withSIX to reduce the download to some 1-2 GB if you already have the games on your computer.

BI also released the source models for the said games - this makes it possible to sort several issues plaguing AiA since its initial release.

Furthermore this allows to port the "old" content to A3 standards and features.

That said both will largely depend on community involved (CUP) and individuals helping me out, as most require model changes (which is not my area of expertise).

Finally there is the idea of making a CO+ like pack for AiA - a high quality version integrating other outstanding community made addons.

Like better textures for units, weapons or vehicles - or better sounds or ground textures for Chernarus.

Essentially the replacement configs I made already with the help of a couple of great supporters.

The main idea is to make this an one click download and play experience (and easy updating) - something we can provide with play withSIX. :bounce3:

What do you guys think? Comments and ideas most welcome. :)

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

That sounds great. I don´t mind huge downloads since you basically only have to do it once, maybe followed by a few small updates. It would definately be worth it.

I hope that you find a few poeple who will help you with the models.

Good news .Kju! And obviously thanks for the effort you put into this

Standalone would be simpler, more clean, and I dont think size is that big of an issue if people also could get it from torrents

Hey Kju,

first of all a big thanks for your effort.:ok:

I think, you know best what to do to achieve what you are aiming for. Since i own all the Arma stuff it doesn´t matter for me if if you just repack or do the full standalone. I don´t know how the serveradministrators think about it.

Most important for me as a mapmaker is that the compatibility to the old custommaps is given (like the pondproblem).

Another thing that would be great to have was something like a big coordinated pool of gameassets for the mapmakers which are until now spread everywhere. So everyone would just have to update this and every mapmaker could rely on that stuff as if it was the original assets from Bis.

Of course this would need people who make and give their stuff and somebody to coordinate and update if needed.

That´s my thoughts

Good points Beton! Definitely want to keep mission and terrain compatibility, so that people can just play old missions or terrains without modification.

To use the package also to provide a base for mission makers (ie editor objects), terrain designer (additional objects/buildings) and to ensure MP compatibility sounds useful to me. I will keep this in mind - overall it will largely depends on effort, consent of mod authors and state of addon sync tools.

kju, standalone is preferable. Size doesn't matter (as long as you don't listen to women !)

i guys i was wondering if you could help me im trying to run a AiA server is there any server tutorial or could i see the server bat file to run a AiA server thanks

kju, standalone is preferable. Size doesn't matter (as long as you don't listen to women !)

hahahaha as he said ;)

will you implement merging with DayZ standalone?

Already answered for the time being.

1. DayZ wasn't released, it's just early acccess alpha

2. Chernarus+ isn't finished

3. You can't port CH+ to Ama 3 (there is nothing in DayZ licence allowing that) until we say otherwise

hi im new to AiA because i just bought Arma 2 complete and when i spawn in units they just have the basic nato/csat uniform and a weapon. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

hi im new to AiA because i just bought Arma 2 complete and when i spawn in units they just have the basic nato/csat uniform and a weapon. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

You must be selecting the faction as iether nato or Csat. if you want the A2 content you need to select US, USMC, BAF etc in the faction class to get the A2 units. Same goes for Opfor, the russians, insurgents etc etc. I have found though if I put a group down, there are A3 opfor units that spawn as part fot he groups, normally for me its a TL or heavy gunner. I just delete those in the editor and try to find a decent replacement for the units in the single unit placements and attached those to the group cranking up their rank if I want them as a TL.

@Kju, I think a standalon release would be great for this mod. I love playing AiA in A3, really makes a difference to the experience I have in game. With the updated brit units and L85 rifles, it really feels like I got my moneys worth with the games. Thanks for you work btw, really enjoy what you have done. :)

You must be selecting the faction as iether nato or Csat. if you want the A2 content you need to select US, USMC, BAF etc in the faction class to get the A2 units. Same goes for Opfor, the russians, insurgents etc etc. I have found though if I put a group down, there are A3 opfor units that spawn as part fot he groups, normally for me its a TL or heavy gunner. I just delete those in the editor and try to find a decent replacement for the units in the single unit placements and attached those to the group cranking up their rank if I want them as a TL.

@Kju, I think a standalon release would be great for this mod. I love playing AiA in A3, really makes a difference to the experience I have in game. With the updated brit units and L85 rifles, it really feels like I got my moneys worth with the games. Thanks for you work btw, really enjoy what you have done. :)

actually Flemdots problem is either he has the config for A2 units off, or he doesnt have replacement packs

I used Pw6 to get AIA so doing any messing around with the configs on/off I'm not sure about. I never had to adjust anything, if he has the complete set he should be fine shouldn't he without having to juggle files around and stuff. Same goes for the replacement packs( which is what exactly??).

I just find it easier using Pw6 now for all the updates on things. Maybe that's his best place to go if he wants to play with it??? IDK!

After trying for hours and hours and uninstalling the game twice i still get the same problem. I have used play with six, tried to do it manually and i also tried to the replacement packs but nothing seems to work. Everything else works fine like the maps, weapons and vehicles but not the soldiers. I am really confused. Any more help will be greatly appreciated.

After trying for hours and hours and uninstalling the game twice i still get the same problem. I have used play with six, tried to do it manually and i also tried to the replacement packs but nothing seems to work. Everything else works fine like the maps, weapons and vehicles but not the soldiers. I am really confused. Any more help will be greatly appreciated.

i feel your frustration mate! I've spent many lost hours trying to get things to work in arma. I still to this day reckon BIS should send out a free pack of headache pills with the game. lol

in the meantime try this:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/all-in-arma/wiki

if it at all helps in anyway, let us know.

I'm on steam, same tag, if you have any probs contact me.

i feel your frustration mate! I've spent many lost hours trying to get things to work in arma. I still to this day reckon BIS should send out a free pack of headache pills with the game. lol

in the meantime try this:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/all-in-arma/wiki

if it at all helps in anyway, let us know.

I'm on steam, same tag, if you have any probs contact me.

thank you for that i removed a pbo so it uses the a2 models, thats the only way i can get it to work but thats ok :)