.kju

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3

When I use AiA, all AI units use the US voice set, regardless of side and faction. So if I am a CSAT squad leader and I issue an order to a squad mate, my character issues the order in Farsi, but the AI will respond "On the way" in US English. Is there a way to fix this?

I searched the thread and couldn't find an answer.

@ AngelWingGamingJacob

Thanks for the suggestions and the bug report. Will look into it in the next few days.

To fix the wonkey tanks, we need the source models and there will be quite some additional config work to do..

@ fellowricky

Please upload the rpt log file to check your problem.

@ chondo999

The batch file only starts the game. It has no other affect.

Your problem must originate from something else.

Please upload the rpt log file to check it.

@ thesneak

You need to have the other products like A2 or OA. It cannot magically create the content. :)

Most community made addons require files from A1/A2/OA, so they don't work without them.

And BI does not allow to re-distribute their content.

You can use Arma 2 free though, or just grab the games cheap one way or another.

@ Drongo69

In general it has to do with the bad config design BI uses in A3.

Instead of creating new classes, they reuse classes from A2/OA..

It may be fixable, yet I have limited understanding how it works and there is no docu available..

Ok, I do have everything but A1. Do I understand correctly that A3 content is not available when running AIA, will I be able to use the submarine in Altis when AIA is running? And 1 more question. Are the light textures available if I uses AIA content in A3 in Altis? Example being will head light or spot light from A2 cast the same light properties as they do in A3 when used I A3 maps? If so, Does this effect carry over to A2 maps?

Thanks.

Oh, and I love you.

A3 content is always available.

You only have to choose between A2/OA or A3 look/models for infantry.

@kju.

Thanks man, also i will like to note that the street lights on arma 2 maps are not showing up properly, as if they are too dull. Also i used to talk to you on armaholic (spiritwolf) and I will like to note i found an efficient way to manually install the mod without the bat file, if you would like me to i can tell you how so you can add it in, it requires no command lines just putting it in and other things

I want to replace some AA2 grass with AA3's grass.

In the AA1 and AA2, it is easy to find the clutter config in each island's pbo file. But in AA3, I unpacked the files of the two islands and the bin config files, but couldn't find the definitions for clutters, such as " A3\plants\grass\XXX.p3d ". So I can not edit the config in AA2 islands to use AA3 grass.

Happy to paly AA2 islands in AA3 with All in Arma mod, but anyone konws in which pbo file is the grass definition information located? :)

I want to replace some AA2 grass with AA3's grass.

In the AA1 and AA2, it is easy to find the clutter config in each island's pbo file. But in AA3, I unpacked the files of the two islands and the bin config files, but couldn't find the definitions for clutters, such as " A3\plants\grass\XXX.p3d ". So I can not edit the config in AA2 islands to use AA3 grass.

Happy to paly AA2 islands in AA3 with All in Arma mod, but anyone konws in which pbo file is the grass definition information located? :)

map_data that is

;2553050']Thanks. The modline is faulty. It seems to cut some parts of the right end.

It seems that TADST has a path length limitation just like steam or a normal windows link.

You can try to shorten the path referencing the AiA modfolders as they reside in the A3 folder anyway.

You can also symlink/junction the path to A2/OA to short ones like x:\a2 and x:\oa.

Overall you need to use either a batch file to launch the server' date=' or ask the TADST author to fix the path limitation.[/quote']

You can do a mix of both create a .bat and point TADST at the .bat

And wait, theres more!

i got more suggestions and notices

-US Army Special Forces is using one based guy with woodland camo, please make it more fitting like using Multi-Cam instead of woodland

-Replace the force recon units with US Marine Corps/Recon (Wood) instead of US Marine Corps/MARSOC.

Replacements

-Replace the Takistani Militia (Both OPFOR and INDFOR) with the terrorists from suddens Russians mod untill one with less requirements come out.

-Disregard my last request for the Czec army being the 5th Slovak mod, and instead use the Polish Armed Forces mod by the ArmA Coop Corps Modding team (Use the Arid camo variant) it looks much more like the units in the ACR DLC on A2.

the reason for these is to fit more like the original units (Mainly the Czech Republic ones, because their looks in the ACR DLC in A2 is similar to the polish armed forces mod)

Edited by AngelWingGamingJacob

Pointless mod, only A2 maps are usable in A3 engine, other than that nothing works properly.

Pointless mod, only A2 maps are usable in A3 engine, other than that nothing works properly.

man i beg to differ, I can use almost all vehicles and weapons and even units, shoot including the modules

@ AngelWingGamingJacob

Street light probably need to be tweaked.

Unfortunately BI did change the computations and did not provide documentation so far.

Post your guide in here or via PM. However manual moving/copying some pbos is not the way to go for multiple reasons.

Thanks for the update on the replacement suggestions!

@ chondo999

You can just delete the batch file. However the file itself won't affect your game in any way.

The only two things I can think of AiA may cause:

1) Write into savegames and thus trying to load them without AiA will fail.

2) Create new profiles at a different location in case you use the parameter in the batch file.

What is the problem you encounter/Why do you want to delete the batch?

@ xy

My advice is to create a config dump or use the ingame config browser to get the full config definitions for class clutter.

@ BL1P

Nice tip. Thanks!

@ Roni

AiA still has many issues - no disagreement there.

However they can either only be fixed by BI or once the source models become available.

That said I think adds a lot of content already and most is quite playable/usable.

Under the independent section the independent contractors crash the game. Could you please fix this?

Do you have the class name available?

@.kju,

My install instructions sent, also i took some screens of the unit replacements ideas/current ones that should stay and i lost them, but once i find them i will try to link you to them so you can see if the units fit well

:Edit, i have also found a way to get PMC lite and working, but there are texture glitches with their outfits, also PMC vehicles work as well, BAF lite does not work atm, but the vehicles and weapons do

Edited by AngelWingGamingJacob

Im really sorry if this has been answered previously but I cant find a question nor reply for the life of me.

do the sounds work with TKOH Helos or is this not a possibility. I recall pre this mod manually installing the files and they didnt work but I was wandering if maybe it was fixed along the line in the mod.

btw great work and I really appreciate all that you have done. :)

What sounds do you mean JonieTurnock?

There are no sound issues with helicopters or planes I am aware of - other than the volume being off due to BI's changes..

"other than the volume being off due to BI's changes.."

If this is indeed the case then this is most likely what im refering to.

I've only just re-downloaded TKOH so dont know if it was working previously but in the TKOH Helos like the medium light and heavy I get no engine sound what so ever. when I crash i get the beep beep beep noise of the rotor destruction etc but just no engine sounds. Like sitting in a glider :)

Ambient aircraft all work ok like the airliners etc. Is this an issue with no solution, the volume thing?

Is the same true for A2/OA choppers for you?

Are you saying it just happens with JSRS or SoS loaded as well? Or is AiA + latest dev the problem?

with latest AiA and dev branch weapons have no recoil (mx), when I use JSRS or speedofsound.

I tested with A2 JSRS 1.5 and JSRS 2.0 alpha in dev branch with latest AiA without problems.

;2560049']Is the same true for A2/OA choppers for you?

No everything works no problems with them.

Could it be because I downloaded TKOH after I downloaded AIA?