.kju

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3

and would it be possible to change the units that spawn for arma 2 air vehicles to pilots, the arma 2 units that spawn for infantry units to the regular arma 3 infantry (with gear)?

because now it's like.. well this dude with NVG's and a uniform.. nothing more (AFAIK!)

I agree with Mulder... I mean, ItsThomas! Now that we have more civilian units (and a female addon) and more A3 units at all, all A2 units should be replaced by its A3 counterpart... or If you could team up with Massi (or have his permition) and use his units for a variety sake ;D

never mind im blind...

Edited by tyl3r99
deleted post

;2495278']I'd like to make a A3 release day update for AiA. What stuff I should look into?

Would love to see the suggestions below implemented in A3 release day update for AiA:

1)

Considering the single player campaign state of A3 on release' date=' it could definitely benefit from [b']A2's missions and campaigns[/b], if you can get them to work.

2)

;2496014']Now that we have more civilian units (and a female addon) and more A3 units at all' date=' all [b']A2 units should be replaced by its A3 counterpart[/b]... or If you could team up with Massi (or have his permition) and use his units for a variety sake ;D

Hats off to you for all your hard work on this project.

any more news on the BI support for this mod? have the devs done anything to help?

;2495278']I'd like to make a A3 release day update for AiA. What is currently bugged / stuff I should look into?

1) Pods + Fog bug thing would be awesome if it was fixed. I have no idea how you'd solve this but it would be cooooool!

2) Predefined shaders for different worlds so you don't have to have different launch options depending on world.

Hi,

is it possible to use ARMA II content (vehicles, static object) in ARMA III Editor for A3 Missions?

Hi,

is it possible to use ARMA II content (vehicles, static object) in ARMA III Editor for A3 Missions?

Yes it is, providing you make the effort to put A3 units into the vehicles rather than the default A2 units.

Considering the single player campaign state of A3 on release, it could definitely benefit from A2's missions and campaigns, if you can get them to work.

100% Agree.

;2495278']What is stuff I should look into?

Making sure BI will allow an 'official' All in Arma like described in this thread! :D

Just adding my voice to the chorus here, but we need to get rid of the A2 units, they cause issues and look sub-par. Obviously it causes issues with vehicles too, the mission creator has to fill those vehicles with Arma 3 infantry, any workaround to this would be great. Removing the A2 weapons is probably a good idea also, the Nato SF & Spetznaz weapon pack ports just about all the rifles and such as it is.

Keep up the great work, this is a great project.

As far as official BIS support goes, they are busy, I understand, but they mentioned AiA several times in their official guide, I think that if they are going to do that, helping fix some of the issues might be worthwhile down the track.

Yes it is, providing you make the effort to put A3 units into the vehicles rather than the default A2 units.

Hi,

sorry i do no understand this. Can you explain it a little deeper? And how do i put A3 Units instead of A2 iunits into a vehicle?

THX

With the devs comments on steam today

"So instead, what we are going to do will be similar to Arma 1:

we are going to release the entire Arma 2 library to the community

and allow them create any derivative work within Arma 3.

More details will be announced very soon. ... "

looks like good news for all us who want the content from arma2 in arma3

With the devs comments on steam today

looks like good news for all us who want the content from arma2 in arma3

I think its from Marek Spanel (CEO), reported 13th Sept 2013

That’s a lot to look forward to! How about the Arma 2 content library? Will there be some form of backwards compatibility?

Originally, we had an idea that was similar to Take On Rearmed. Unfortunately, upgrading the Arma 2 massive content library to Arma 3 standards is beyond what we can do in reasonable time. So instead, what we are going to do will be similar to Arma 1: we are going to release the entire Arma 2 library to the community and allow them create any derivative work within Arma 3. More details will be announced very soon.

Lifted from:

http://www.arma3.com/news/report-in-marek-spanel-ceo#.UjM2yCk9LmG%22

I wonder if that includes A2:OA content...

It does say "any" Arma 2 content. They need to do it now. Don't know why they would wait. Legalities maybe?

It does say "any" Arma 2 content. They need to do it now. Don't know why they would wait. Legalities maybe?

Well, OA was technically standalone from "ArmA 2". Also, they'll have to draft a completely new EULA if they are planning on exploring the paid community content scheme.

Hi Kju,

First of all - thanks a lot for your great work.

I wanted to ask - if it is possible to make russian units use russian voice samples from arma 2 or just english from arma 3? I mean - their current speaking is neither russian nor understandable - so playing for them isn`t much fun. Do you think anithig can be done about it?

New version available: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/all-in-arma/files

Changes:

• Added: 1.00 compatibility.

Full details: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1507

WIP changes:

---

Notes:

• CBA A3 beta 4 required (and no other CBA version).
  • Delete the former @AllInArma modfolder first.
  • The design of A3 vs A2/OA/TKOH infantry and hidden content has changed. Make sure to read the FAQ.
  • If you want to play A1 terrains without missing objects, you need to merge the misc.pbo and buildings.pbo from A1 and A2 yourself and put it into .\@A1A2ObjectMerge\addons. More details in the wiki.
  • If you want to play A1 missions, you need to load A2 and OA along as well. Queen's Gambit missions are not yet supported.
  • Please read the known-issues section, the FAQ and howTo-post-issues.

Important notes:

Please vote in the A3 Feedback Tracker (FT) for AiA related tickets.

See links in the Known issues section.

Contribute:

We are looking for a nice banner, promo screenshots and promo trailers for our new AllInArma info page.

If you want to help out with your skills, please contact me. :)

Enjoy :bounce3:

---

This is just a compatibility update. The goal was to get this out ASAP after the A3 release.

Probably another update in the coming week with new lighting by Fabio Chavez, pond workaround,

more customized A2 unit replacement with A3 models.

As for the requests:

> PhysX, car/tank engine sounds

Can't do without source models from A2/OA (MLODs). Also the former is a lot of work

and will take a longer time to be done for all vehicles.

> A2/OA's missions and campaigns

Can't make them playable more than they are right now. BI does not allow to re-distribute files.

Aside from easy fixes I think it's also not worth the effort - the SP missions are fine to playable,

yet overall to me it makes way more sense to focus on community made missions and campaigns there.

> Maps-only/Vehicles-only option

Not feasible. The only real benefit would be faster (initial?) game loading.

However the downsides and effort make it not worth it.

> Remove A2 parachute entry and replace them with A3 one

Sorry I don't get this one. Can you please clarify it SlamDuck.

> Fog bug

What do you mean by that Pellejones?

Thanks for your other good suggestions!

Will try to get them done for the next release.

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

Awesome work as always, kju.

Hopefully we'll see all A2CO official content on A3 platform in high quality until 2014.

My game is still crashing when it loads my profile options. I've tried using both the automatic and the manual .bat file, but both of them crash when arma is loading my profile options. I made sure I put my profile name in the .bat files too, yet it still crashes when it is loading my profile options.

Edited by Starky396