.kju

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3

Hey, having an issue with this mod. It worked perfectly fine in the past, perhaps it's the new beta update and everything, but for some reason whenever I try to load any unit from Arma 2 (i.e. basic USMC rifleman) The model is replaced by an arma 3 rifleman with nothing but multicam pants and a screwed up texture of a jacket, and NODs. The M16 rifle is there (arma 2 version) but its just the model thats not working right.. I don't know if this has come up before, but does anyone know why this is? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Q: Why do A2/OA/TKOH infantry use A3 models?

A: A3 crashes when the engine has to load A2/OA/TKOH infantry models and A3 infantry models. Thus its either or.

Q: How to play with A2/OA/TKOH infantry models?

A: Remove the AiA_ActivateA3Models.pbo from @AllInArma\Core\addons.

Q: What happens with A3 infantry when the AiA_ActivateA3Models.pbo is removed?

A: In this case the A3 infantry will use models from A2, so make sure to load A2

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/all-in-arma/wiki

Edited by Denco

If I remove the, AiA_ActivateA3Models.pbo, the game will not start. I get an error message that skeleton something is missing.

How should I load A2 while running A3? I don't get it really.

Edited by Nikiforos

I get the error "No entry 'config.bin.tooltipDelay.'", followed by a black screen and a "Shaders not valid (mismatch of .exe and data?) whenever I try to launch with ARMA Gold content.

Help please.

@ rebelvg

In terms of cars lighting - read the WIP changes part in the latest release post for example.

Overall BI has not release documentation on that subject. So aside from copy and paste there isn't much that can be done.

That server browser is an dev branch/BI issue.

@ Marioshata

Do you run JSRS (and the provide compatibility config for JSRS) also on the server? If so, why?

@ Nikiforos, Mr. Tripp

Please read and follow: HowTo-post-issues

It is impossible to provide support if you don't provide specific information.

The error seems to be on client side. I don't run JSRS mod on server (have disabled the signature verification for addons), only on client as it doesn't make any difference to the server in this situation, I think.

Edited by Marioshata

Thanks. Please provide me with the rpt log file of your server.

Note: I am using the latest DEV build of A3 so that may be the issue.

Bought ARMA 2 ACR DLC off steam, had to reinstall all my ARMA via steam to get it to work, test A2CO with all DLC working, but AIA does not pick it up. I cannot see the maps available for editing missions for example, but when I had ACR LITE installed, the maps showed up?!

RPT file - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ect8otr0ko77ayn/arma3_2013-07-16_02-32-23.rpt

Can I install BOTH ACR DLC and ACR LITE so that AIA picks up at least the maps?

I am unable to enable ACR DLC via the expansions menu in ARMA 3.

Also, there are lot of errors with JSRS in ARMA 3 such as:

Error Undefined variable in expression: _source

and multiple lines with weapons will keep changing... such as from AK47 to M4 and etc... I ran the A2/CO benchmarks to test the sound effects in AIA and that is when most of the JSRS 1.5 errors pop up. When it works, it is amazing. I may need to switch back to acex_sm or default sounds with AIA until JSRS is ported natively to A3.

RPT https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tppk4vpt1k2op9/arma3_2013-07-16_01-59-42.rpt

Is it possible to just add the Chernarus map and nothing else and have it work with the existing A3 content? Or is it an all or nothing deal?

Is it possible to just add the Chernarus map and nothing else and have it work with the existing A3 content? Or is it an all or nothing deal?

All or nothing. Although you can disable the Arma 2 units if you want and still have access to all of the Arma 2 maps.

Hey, just a few sound related issues I have.

-Explosives (IEDs, Satchels, etc.) have no sound at all

-Most vehicles just play the engine noise and no driving noises (skidding, traction, engine revving, etc.)

Are you aware of these issues and are they common, or is something wrong?

Hey, just a few sound related issues I have.

-Explosives (IEDs, Satchels, etc.) have no sound at all

-Most vehicles just play the engine noise and no driving noises (skidding, traction, engine revving, etc.)

Are you aware of these issues and are they common, or is something wrong?

Hello there

There are many issues still outstanding which .kju cannot fix without assistance from BIS. If you check the bug tracker (first post) you can see which issues are known as well as one's .kju still has to work on and those which cannot be overcome at this time.

Rgds

LoK

First, I want to thank you the creators of this mod.

Also, I have few questions.

For an optimal experience with maps of the first Arma, I can use CAA1 project or it's better to have the game installed ?

Indeed, I have noticed some bugs on few buildings/objects.

Finally, have you optimized your mod for non-official maps recognized like Panthera or Fallujah ?

Thank you again :)

Hello, My name is Tzar I have been having problem lately if i install AIA In making it a bat.

It always gave me a message that dont allow to acces the map when i spawn a unit and if i allow it on Steam The sky of cherna and other A2 Maps didnt turned like the Sky in Arma3 like everyone does Please help! And if i click AIA In playwithsix it gaves me 505 error or 404

I for the life of me cant get this to run with my server.

EDIT: Disregard it was a keys issue. Im all good to go now!

Edited by Jump Artist

Hello Mates,

i am trying as best i can do with AiA but i dont know where i've done any mistakes.

Hope you guys can help me out :)

i already posted the issue on dev-heaven.net/issues/72248 (sorry i am not allowed to post a link)

A .rpt file is attached and some screens too. Please take a look and hopefully someone can tell me what to change...

In short: i have graphicbugs as mentioned by other users, nearly at the beginning of this thread (page 20 plus/minus).

Wrong positioning of my character in the beginning of a campaign

Missing AI Comrades and so on.

I managed to read this thread until page 60+ i did not managed to read more today...

I must be missing something.

I'm trying to launch AiA (using the manual batch file). I set my custom mod path to have my A3 custom units in (I know this mod path works as it works in A3 without AiA).

I've removed AiA_DeactivateA3Models.pbo and enabled AiA_HideA2UnitsFromEditor.pbo.

I head ingame and see all the A2 islands, but upon looking in the unit placements I only see NATO on bluefor and CSAT on Opfor and not my bluefor or opfor factions.

I'm really unsure of what I'm doing wrong.

I don't know why people are removing AiA_DeactivateA3Models.pbo. There is a difference. AiA_Deactivate vs AiA_Activate. If you are using A3 models and don't want A2 stuff all you do is use the HideA2units as you have done. Removing AiA_ActivateA3models.pbo makes A3 units use A2 models. Assuming no typos or anything in your custom mod line your mods should show up though.

Are you adding your custom units to the start or the end of the modline? As far as I can understand, they may need to be at the start of the modline.

I got a problem which i realy hate...The diar cfg/Diary/Conversation thingy Error Mmessage... Please help me. Im trying to acces the old A2 Maps

Ok thank you, removing AiA_DeactivateA3Models.pbo worked perfectly.

However, since I'm running the mod from the SIX launcher, how would I go about altering the modline to add custom units?

Annyone can help me? Anyone? Or either tell me an instruction how to fix it or install it? Please i realy love this mod it used to work now it dosent

Annyone can help me? Anyone? Or either tell me an instruction how to fix it or install it? Please i realy love this mod it used to work now it dosent

Have you downloaded the latest version of AiA? I got the same error when I tried with old AiA.

May i has the link or anything? and how to install it properly