.kju

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3

@ Giallustio

Please post the latest rpt again - without that info it is not possible to tell whats wrong.

@ pre-Vet

Sorry I have all units in blue and red.

a) Please post a screenshot from the unit list in the editor.

b) Upload your rpt.

As for replacements read this post.

In short - yes its possible. When depends if someone wants to help out, or if I have to take care of it myself - for me its low prio. :)

@ Tinter

You need to make a more specific report. Sorry I cant make anything from what you are saying so far.

I'm saying that the pistol ironsights don't work in that when you try, the weapon does not move and the crosshair just dissappears and a slight blur appears. It's broken for all pistols, Arma 2 and Arma 3. Were you not aware of this?

A3 pistols working fine here and A2 pistols are working as well as the other A2 firearms.

That's odd. I specifically tried without any mods.

@kju

Alright so I figured it out. It's not All in Arma or CBA. It's jayarma3lib/ACRE causing that still. I have just gotten so used to it I don't even notice it anymore.

I read somebody had a similar issue and it didn't work for my friend either.

I don't suppose you could take pictures?

Please do not do that.

Noted. It seems the current build works ... sorta... if you and the CRW2 could update the A2 mod officially to work with AIA that would be great.

@ kyu - some testing issues:

ARMA 3 DEV build 0.71 + AIA 06/29 build.

General - if I remove AiA_DeactivateA3Models.pbo it seems it crashes or stops or corrupt most A2/CO campaigns including CRW2 official campaigns after loading cutscenes.

CRW2 - loads both 1985 and resistance cutscenes but stops abruptly when mission starts. Putting back this pbo allows me to continue.

A2 - Red Hammer - does not even start cutscene but get a black screen with the ARMA3 logo on bottom right and can hear sea sounds so must be on board the carrier.

A2 - Trial by Fire scenario mission - starts with A3 Multicam soldier, then when I get within 10 feet of the chopper, I am given M249 and cannot board the helicoptor to start the mission, but heli takes off anyways and AI runs the game while I'm still onboard the carrier.

If I put back the pbo, it works for CRW2 1985 campaign (played first mission after cutscene). It hung resistance campaign after the cutscene finished.

Trial by fire scenario switches back to A2 marine model but still have mission issues as above.

It did not work for the SHJ Studios - Red Hammer addon campaign for CRW2 at all. Error message noted that a voice file for Nikolai was missing but the campaign file works under A2/CO with CRW2. I click close and close all button but it appear to not move beyond the dialog box.

For mod ARMA Rearmed, also by SHJ Studios, with or without CAA1/CBA/CBA2/CBAOA dependencies, error "Addon 'aia_baseConfig_F' requires addon 'Anims_DBE1' still comes up and error "No config.bin/CfgVehicles/WarfareBEastHeadquarters.scope"

I could not test ACE dependent mods in scenario mode since the ace ui blocks that option but can load campaign or multiplayer. Will try to run through most of the official and major mod campaigns when I can.

@ Tinter

a) Make sure you are using only the latest pbos of AiA

b) Upload your rpt please.

@ Zerith

You may want to ask Nou to fix it. He can contact CBA ppl or me on how to.

I just installed AIA, A2 and OA again. works now. Eventhough I dont get all OA/A2 vehicles with "remove A2 units" activated.

I'll figure it out step by step ;)

Would that replacement word be like this?:

_unit = _this select 0

removeAllWeapons _unit;

removeGoggles _unit;

removeHeadgear _unit;

removeVest _unit;

removeUniform _unit;

removeAllAssignedItems _unit;

_unit addgoggles "G_Shades_Black";

_unit assignItem "G_Shades_Black";

_unit addheadgear "H_mas_usn_HelmetB_light_a";

_unit assignItem "H_mas_usn_HelmetB_light_a";

_unit adduniform "U_mas_usn_B_CombatUniform_des";

_unit assignItem "U_mas_usn_B_CombatUniform_des";

_unit addvest "V_mas_usn_PlateCarrier1_rgr_a";

_unit assignItem "V_mas_usn_PlateCarrier1_rgr_a";

etc.

Here's my rpt. I deleted about 58,000 lines complaining about bones not existing. It's down to still 1,200 lines. Sorry.

http://pastebin.com/Pg4nk88a

Also, I should be running the very latest, cleanly installed version. I'll try to rename it and download it again.

Also, running a clean, newly download .bat.

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

Please ignore my issue. It got fixed when I ran a whole new clean mod folder. I'm sorry for any confusion.

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:10 ----------

So through the scientific method, I have concluded the cause of ironsights being broken for pistol was because I had moved the AiA_ActivateA3Models.pbo and .bisign files.

@ Valken

You are not to remove AiA_DeactivateA3Models.pbo - how did you get to this idea? :)

One is only to remove the AiA_ActivateA3Models.pbo.

CWR2, RH and BI campaigns are not meaningful to test.

They rely too much on stuff BI broke with A3 (modules, MP framework, functions, engine side stuff).

Dialogs in general are often broken due to engine changes and BI not setting defaults for new values..

Your errors with ARMA Rearmed are either from a wrong modline, or bad addons in that set.

ACE is probably too complex to get running without some adjustments in ACE itself for A3.

However you can report problems to them, to help them do these adjustments. :)

In general to give a better estimate of problems, or to look into it, you need to provide the rpt log file.

@ pre-Vet

The replacement would be done by config definitions.

Essentially it is to copy some lines from the desired A3 unit to the A1/A2/OA/TKOH unit.

Sorry don't quite get that part of yours - can you please rephrase/explain in more detail:

Even though I dont get all OA/A2 vehicles with "remove A2 units" activated.

@ Tinter

Thanks for narrowing it down. To clarify your finds:

You are saying with A2/OA models you have broken ironsights for all pistols - A3 ad non A3 ones?

Is the same true for rifles or other weapons, or just limited to pistols?

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

A2 replacement pack for units works, but A2's replacement pack for weapons don't. Just a heads up =]

I wonder what this mod will be like months after final release :)

just wanted to say thankyou kju, fixed my problem and followed all the relevant advice you gave regarding my RPT everything works better than before :)

Noted. It seems the current build works ... sorta... if you and the CRW2 could update the A2 mod officially to work with AIA that would be great.

@ kyu - some testing issues:

ARMA 3 DEV build 0.71 + AIA 06/29 build.

General - if I remove AiA_DeactivateA3Models.pbo it seems it crashes or stops or corrupt most A2/CO campaigns including CRW2 official campaigns after loading cutscenes.

CRW2 - loads both 1985 and resistance cutscenes but stops abruptly when mission starts. Putting back this pbo allows me to continue.

A2 - Red Hammer - does not even start cutscene but get a black screen with the ARMA3 logo on bottom right and can hear sea sounds so must be on board the carrier.

A2 - Trial by Fire scenario mission - starts with A3 Multicam soldier, then when I get within 10 feet of the chopper, I am given M249 and cannot board the helicoptor to start the mission, but heli takes off anyways and AI runs the game while I'm still onboard the carrier.

If I put back the pbo, it works for CRW2 1985 campaign (played first mission after cutscene). It hung resistance campaign after the cutscene finished.

Trial by fire scenario switches back to A2 marine model but still have mission issues as above.

It did not work for the SHJ Studios - Red Hammer addon campaign for CRW2 at all. Error message noted that a voice file for Nikolai was missing but the campaign file works under A2/CO with CRW2. I click close and close all button but it appear to not move beyond the dialog box.

For mod ARMA Rearmed, also by SHJ Studios, with or without CAA1/CBA/CBA2/CBAOA dependencies, error "Addon 'aia_baseConfig_F' requires addon 'Anims_DBE1' still comes up and error "No config.bin/CfgVehicles/WarfareBEastHeadquarters.scope"

I could not test ACE dependent mods in scenario mode since the ace ui blocks that option but can load campaign or multiplayer. Will try to run through most of the official and major mod campaigns when I can.

CWR2 has been confirmed to be getting no ArmA III support by the staff working on it. If it will ever work there, it will work on accident. Your best solution, seeing as you're trying to play the campaigns/scenarios, is to really stick with ArmA II. They were all designed for what ArmA II does and not what ArmA III is changing. They'll have to be remade all over again for those changes, and there were issues trying to get CWR2 to behave like the original OFP (ArmA Rearmed also had to remove all of the optional campaign missions because ArmA II doesn't support a choose-your-mission-map system ala ArmA I did and has its missions remade for the changes as well). The same goes for Take on Helicopters if you have that; the flight model in ArmA III is different than that in a number of ways, and I'd assume it'd break a number of the single player content.

Edited by Foffy

@Kju

That is correct. I'm not lone in this issue as it happened to my friend too.

It was only for pistols, all other weapons worked fine.

---------- Post added at 14:58 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

Also I can see others have reported the issue of the Javelin and Metis aiming backwards, as in through the computer, but still firing forwards. Not to mention it seems that when you actually fire the computer of the launchers disappear.

@ foffy - thanks for your input. I just wanted to replay those mods with the graphic prowess of the A3 engine. It really makes the old A2 games look incredible if you can even load the cutscenes.

Just for fun, installed the Unsung Vietnam and Predators mod from Charon. When it works... WOW WOW WOW... I really have no use for any other FPS game so if ARMA 3 engine can deliver so many different play patterns with such beauty.

The thing I noticed was that in Unsung Vietnam's defend the base scenario, my FPS dropped to 15 or so! It was more of an AI test than AIA test, but it tells us AI scripting still has a way to go in the ARMA 3 engine. Hope BIS will incorporate some of the DayZ AI optimizations into the A3 engine later since those games will be targeting high volumes of AI on a dedicated server or threads.

In the Predator's mod on Cherno, RECON1 coop mission, the copilot and gunners of the heli were using A3 multicam models in T pose, while the rest of the game AI and player team were the correct woodland camo A2 models. I did not modify the AIA folder, infact, reinstalled it since there was another DEV update today.

The predator in that mission failed to show up for some reason. I just heard the pain shouting sound at the 2nd major waypoint. FPS was 60+ here.

In the simple UTEs test, the Predator worked... In fact, too good... much faster and more fluid than in A2CO. FPS was 60+ here.

@kju - if there are anything specific you want us to test, let us know. Your mod makes the A3 engine such a fun sandbox.

I will really someone would update and port some of the classic missions over to AIA/A2CO/A3 setups.

Edited by Valken

;2428956']

@ doveman

Check the FAQ section on the @A1A2ObjectMerge modfolder.

The load order is from right to left. In other words the first item is loaded last.

Is this something that's changed in A3, as in A2 it was always left to right? I can't see that the AiA mods would be able to change the loadorder, as that would surely be controlled by the A3 executable.

I don't seem to have an @A1A2Objectmerge folder.

"c:\path\to\Arrowhead;c:\path\to\Arrowhead\Expansion" what purpose does the first part of this serve, as there's no Addons folder under Arrowhead, only under Arrowhead\Expansion?

@ Keptsecrets

Can you provide more details please. Your comment alone has too little information.

@ Giallustio

The rpt info indicates a PhysX problem. In any case you need to submit crashes to BI in the A3 feedback tracker:

http://feedback.arma3.com and http://feedback.arma3.com/how-to-user.html.html

@ weedman

Nice to hear. :)

@ Tinter

I have no idea how to fix the Javelin, let alone what is wrong there.

Either someone with insights into models must take a look or we are to hope BI fixes it at some point.

@ Valken

Nothing specific. It is fine when people try whatever they are interested in.

To me and the general community is just important to get reports about issues and that these are done in quality and meaningful way.

@ doveman

No change. It's been like this OFP. However most, myself including, have got it wrong for a long time. The reason is there is more to mod order, like prefix, requiredAddons, access.

Please read the FAQ on @A1A2Objectmerge.

It is to load the common folder. Just check the rpt to learn of the load order and what is actually loaded from where.

Just as a question that I've been very curious to know, is Seattle from TKoH going to eventually work correctly? I don't know if its been asked in this thread yet, but there are 90 something pages, and it would take forever to find. Seattle works and loads and everything, but the Skyscrapers and a lot of larger buildings textures are either transparent or blue. I'm assuming this is a know issue, but I'm just really hoping that it will work correctly eventually ^^

The [FMP] Dance Addon von SagaraSousuke did not work!!!! :mad: everybody can help me?

As already mentioned, streetlights barely function in chernarus. Would it be possible to reassign A3 lights to A2 worlds? I apologize if you have already answered this question.

Again, I can't thank you enough for your continuing support of this mod. Been playing on Cherna again and having a blast. :)

Hi

Is it possible to use other mods like ASR_AI or the Shacktac Hud?

When I launch AIA via Play With Six and look in expansions (in game) the options for Shacktac Hud and ASR are not there even though they've been installed.

Cheers

Nikko