.kju

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3

Sorry my bad. The batch files were missing the modfolders for A1. :o

Fixed now - get the latest in the files section.

Also see the FAQ on:

How to run A1 with A2 without missing objects?

;2407638']Sorry my bad. The batch files were missing the modfolders for A1. :o

Fixed now - get the latest in the files section.

Also see the FAQ on:

Aha, it works now! Thank you KJU! Keep up the good work. :D

But, I don't understand the instruction to merge the A1 and A2 Misc.pbo and Buildings.pbo (sorry my english is not my primary, most likely the third)

Can you explain in a more detailed way? :(

Edited by SweetMatix
Another question

@kju

I was thinking to ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead campaign (didn't like Harvest Red) or even ArmA 1 campaign - both ported to ArmA 3 for AiA.

otherwise (dunno if it's allowed), if AiA has the same filesname as the ones from original games, maybe we'll just need to trake the mission files to play them in ArmA 3 AiA?

@kju

I was thinking to ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead campaign (didn't like Harvest Red) or even ArmA 1 campaign - both ported to ArmA 3 for AiA.

otherwise (dunno if it's allowed), if AiA has the same filesname as the ones from original games, maybe we'll just need to trake the mission files to play them in ArmA 3 AiA?

In theory I don't see why this would be too hard to do. The only issue you may get is some issues with them being direct ports. I believe the ArmA I campaigns have been redone by SHJStudio for ArmA II, so there's at least a template to work on.

An issue however would clearly be the encrypted campaigns, as you cannot even open those.

kju you was asking for suggestions on what to do next, not sure if it is possible without model tweaking but is it possible for A2/OA units to use A3 weapons / Gear customizations.

kju you was asking for suggestions on what to do next, not sure if it is possible without model tweaking but is it possible for A2/OA units to use A3 weapons / Gear customizations.

It's already possible.

It's already possible.

care to enlighten one then please, cause i couldn't drag no weapons into my inventory nor if i dragged them to the ground (They just disappear and are not listed in my inventory or action menu), gear customizations i haven't even attempted due to some of the A2 Units having certain gear attached to them and i believe it could get messy.

A few bugs:

- m2 static is showing muzzle flash all the time

- In EW campaign Apache doesn't have any ammunition/rockets. Did not check in Editor yet.

care to enlighten one then please, cause i couldn't drag no weapons into my inventory nor if i dragged them to the ground (They just disappear and are not listed in my inventory or action menu), gear customizations i haven't even attempted due to some of the A2 Units having certain gear attached to them and i believe it could get messy.

I am doubtful that uniform/helmets/backpacks/etc would show up on Arma 2 units just because the Arma 2 models are preset. You can add the items, but they won't have a visual function, just adds the inventory room.

As far as weapons go...I just threw down a USMC rifleman and some ammo boxes and was easily able to pick up any Arma 3 weapons/scopes. Here are some screenshots:

RCO:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903250549997162408/1E1CF1A69D6BD299128A9EE7D00E7C0BA044AA3A/

Inventory with another scope waiting to be swapped out:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903250549997166882/7CF812E2BC88ACFDF0A1D8E340F50EC9A6BB3A31/

Added holo from inventory to the gun:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903250549997169309/3D9639F24F5315490F5ABCF5713715A5B32BA57B/

I am doubtful that uniform/helmets/backpacks/etc would show up on Arma 2 units just because the Arma 2 models are preset. You can add the items, but they won't have a visual function, just adds the inventory room.

As far as weapons go...I just threw down a USMC rifleman and some ammo boxes and was easily able to pick up any Arma 3 weapons/scopes. Here are some screenshots:

RCO:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903250549997162408/1E1CF1A69D6BD299128A9EE7D00E7C0BA044AA3A/

Inventory with another scope waiting to be swapped out:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903250549997166882/7CF812E2BC88ACFDF0A1D8E340F50EC9A6BB3A31/

Added holo from inventory to the gun:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903250549997169309/3D9639F24F5315490F5ABCF5713715A5B32BA57B/

Thanks Zerith for showing me this is possible, it might just be something to do with the abundance of addons that i like to use, will play further with weapons further.

Thanks Zerith for showing me this is possible, it might just be something to do with the abundance of addons that i like to use, will play further with weapons further.

Anytime.

Kju I don't know if this is something you can do on your end, but I noticed something while making a vehicle based mission for Russians. They don't have an engineer and I couldn't get the other classes to take advantage of the toolkit. Anyone know a workaround for this or are Russians stuck w/o a repair class?

I've added a few ideas I could work on. Please vote and comment to show what is important to you guys:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/all-in-arma/issues

Please make your own suggestions too, if you can think of missing A3 feature for A2/OA/TKOH content, or something else you would want to see.

---

@SweetMatix

I hope to get the permission from BI to be able to offer the two merged pbos for download.

@Wiki

The goal is to get A2/OA campaigns work out of the box.

BI campaigns are still very buggy due to modules/functions.

However community campaigns that don't rely on these should work fine already for the most part.

@weedman

Read and follow this please:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/all-in-arma/wiki#HowTo-post-issues

@sik

Muzzle flash seems an engine bug. Nothing I can do.

EW campaign is still buggy I supposed due to buggy modules/functions.

@The Hebrew Hammer

Read and follow this please:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/all-in-arma/wiki#HowTo-post-issues

@Zerith

The RU_Soldier2 is engineer and has the B_GenericPack_Explosives_AiA backpack with toolkit and MineDetector.

However I can also add new classes - you guys just need to submit all relevant config information, so that its not much effort for me.

@ Alaura

Did you see the last item in the FAQ?

There is really nothing special about it - aside from having the right modline.

Am I the only one who can't play Takistan missions? The game crashes everytime I try to run any mission on that map :\

something from takistan is causing takistan to crash and also maps that use takistan's objects (ex: dingor/lingor, probably zargabad too)

I'll send in some errors I've been getting, whenever I steer my ToH installation to an incorrect directory to force PlayWithSIX to not launch ToH w/ AiA the game suddenly wants to run somewhat normally. I did get Seattle to run ONCE, however a good chunk of the building textures didn't load at all.

Hey again kju!

I don't know if this is an issue that you can actually do anything about, but I'll explain it as best I can.

If you get a "critical wound", one that makes your screen go red and you roll over on your back, you can still first aid yourself. The problem is that after first aiding yourself, while you can get back up and run around, your screen is still pulsing red and you bleed out with 1-2 minutes. Is there any sort of magic you can do so that first aiding yourself will make your bleeding stop?

That said, the only reason I can even first aid myself is because you added IFAKs to everyone and medkits to all the medics. Thanks so much for that!

Do you mean the A2/OA wounding system? Are A2/OA modules active?

Hey guys I disabled and removed AiA awhile back because it would override A3 content (was told by an A3 dev today how to get past that).

Now I open PlayWithSix and now after installing AiA when the game is launched there is no effect. No A2 maps or content. But under Expansions I get the Core etc listed.

What gives? :/

I'm also now experiencing issues while loading some islands. As of right now I've checked Desert and Takistan and I have CTD's.

I'm also now experiencing issues while loading some islands. As of right now I've checked Desert and Takistan and I have CTD's.

It has been mentioned that BIS broke something in an arma 3 patch. That's why this is happening.