.kju

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3

I know the intention of this mod is to create ArmA2 in the A3 engine............. however an offshoot of a standalone working islands pack without any units or vehicles that works in A3 would be very much appreciated and am sure welcomed by a lot of the community. Especially now that we know A3 Beta is only going to include Stratis which has been played to death..

if it is possible to split the islands from the units/vehicles this would then reach out to a much larger audience

All you really need is to hide the A2 units in the editor and un-hide the A3 units. Of course, if you know not to use the A2 units while editing, then all you need is un-hiding the A3 units, which is possible by deleting the related PBO file.

As for space saving, even if you separate the islands, it doesn't seem like you'll save much space anyway (at least not according to some experiments a friend have made trying to get Zargabad to run in A3 without including the entire game).

So am I the only one with 100% inverted sounds when I play?

Should I be on the Dev Build?

edit: Sound is magically working now. I didn't change anything since trying yesterday. Praise the sun \o/*

Edited by MacScottie

still no muzzle flash from the handheld A2 weapons

I cannot get it to work for the life of me :(

-mod=_CUSTOM_MODS;@AllInArma\ProductDummies;E:\steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2;E:\steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead;E:\steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion;@AllInArma\A1A2ObjectMerge;C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3;@AllInArma\Core;@AllInArma\PostA3;@ai;@CBA_A3

Am I doing it right?

I added arma 1 path in the batch (manual) but arma 1 content are not ported into Arma3. What's wrong? did I miss anything?

still no muzzle flash from the handheld A2 weapons

As mentioned before, that's a model specific fix that cannot be done without the model sources.

Thanks for all the time and effort you have put into this project kju, it is much appreciated!

Yes absolutely amazing work Kju, as far as something else is concerned to work on would it be possible to Jimmy the secops and the ambient combat modules so that they are semi functional. Other than that and maybe including what I have asked for you have performed miracles with all the BI series to get them functioning in arma 3 with all the engine limitations lets hope bohemia interactive will give this mod the support it could use also.

;2407154']Need your input people - What should I work on next for AiA in your opinion?

Hard to say. You have done amazing work thus far and I am grateful for having the opportunity to mess around in Chernarus in this beautiful lighting. What is within your scope? I haven't tried Ambient Civilians module with A3 units enabled: is it possible or will that crash the game?

;2407154']http://www.file-upload.net

---

Need your input people - What should I work on next for AiA in your opinion?

1st thing: great work!

To answer your question, maybe porting the campaigns and missions?

;2407154']http://www.file-upload.net

---

Need your input people - What should I work on next for AiA in your opinion?

the only thing that needs in my opinion a little bit tweaking is the blue haze on chernarus. I like the lighting but at sunny day the haze has too much of south european climate.

Or a couple of alternative lighting settings, maybe as a pbo, if that works.

Anyone have a takistan/zargabad/chernarus MP missions working with All in Arma/Arma3?

My clan already started an All in Arma server with "Don´t Tread on me" mission working perfectly on Stratis with A2/A3 contend. We want to test a A2 island.

Edited by caico1983

@ SweetMatix

Did you use the automated batch?

The log shows that it wasn't able to find another other product - do you have them installed?

@ GvsE

A2/OA modules are within scope. Unit based modules should work only with A2/OA units though.

Unfortunately BI doesn't make their work flexible or compatible normally.

@ Wiki

What campaigns/missions? What do you mean with "port" in this regard?

@ JumpingHubert

Lighting tweaking is way too complex and way too much effort at this point.

If BI doesn't provide documentation and a better workflow to tweak it, there will be next to no tweaks for it done by community modders.

;2407462']@ SweetMatix

Did you use the automated batch?

The log shows that it wasn't able to find another other product - do you have them installed?

No I'm using the manual batch, added the ArmA1 path in the batch. Yes I have them installed.

This is from your log:

arma3.exe "-mod=;@AllInArma\ProductDummies;;;;\Expansion; C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3;@AllInArma\Core;@AllInArma\PostA3"

PS: You are not to remove path from other products - even if you don't have them.

;2407494']PS: You are not to remove path from other products - even if you don't have them.

Aha. I was removing CBA_TOH (seeing as I don't have it) and wondering why I was getting TOH message :)

Edited by DMarkwick

;2407494']This is from your log:

PS: You are not to remove path from other products - even if you don't have them.

Oh' date=' Alright, I tried again with a new batch file without removing path from other products, but replaced Arma1 path to my arma1 path but still not working, no A1 island in the editor.

I forgot to say that I'm using DEV 0.61, not sure if it has anything to do with dev updates.

New rpt log, tried with a new batch file - [url']http://www.file-upload.net/download-7677411/arma3_2013-06-04_15-44-40.rpt.html[/url]

@ SweetMatix

It appears you are using the old batch files not meant to be used for Arma 1.