.kju

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3

@orlok

There isn't any official 'Flashpoint: Stratis' SP mission yet. Its just a home edit for personal use based on thomsonb's 'FlashpointA2Chernarus' code. As far as I can recall, its just simple Chernarus to Stratis substitution. What do you mean by SVD death? If you are referring to an SVD weapon, consider my answers below.

<snip>

Whether or not a Chedaki sniper was spawned during the gameplay, that I cannot tell. Also, I haven't bothered inspecting my kills one by one so I can't tell if a "ChDKZ Insurgent SVD" was one of my kills. Player invincibility was enabled for demo purposes. One instance I spent more than an hour playing with 90 kills and there is no problem loading a saved game even if I have already exited A3.

<snip>

Flashpoint in Stratis is so much fun and the ragdoll effect on Arma 2 units adds a 'wow' factor to the game. Well, to each his own. :)

Hello there

Killing an enemy armed with an SVD caused a CTD AFAIK.

I've buggered about a bit with my own stratis port now with no SVD but it still regularly locks up. (Personal use only)

I am enjoying playing with "old" arma 2 missions/kit in a3 but there are so many little niggling issues due to clever scripting in complex missions breaking etc. Regardless, I rarely boot up Arma without AiA

it really is a "game changer".

I check the post and the six updater now everyday to see if any new versions have been released. We need to strap .kju to his keyboard.

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

Killing an enemy armed with an SVD caused a CTD AFAIK.

I've buggered about a bit with my own stratis port now with no SVD but it still regularly locks up. (Personal use only)

I am enjoying playing with "old" arma 2 missions/kit in a3 but there are so many little niggling issues due to clever scripting in complex missions breaking etc. Regardless, I rarely boot up Arma without AiA

it really is a "game changer".

I check the post and the six updater now everyday to see if any new versions have been released. We need to strap .kju to his keyboard.

Rgds

LoK

Ei LoK,

I'll give it a try myself and see how it goes. I hope it won't crash to desktop like you guys have observed. Sticking to 'personal use only' is, I believe, the right move when tinkering with a code. As for launching A3, I'm comfortable with the 'batch file' method. As long as it loads the game right, I don't see any problem using such method.

This thread is included in my frequently visited, reading back posts and trying to help whenever I can. AiA mod continues to amaze me with the many potentials it can do. We hope to hear again from .kju for updates. Hats off to .kju!

Ptr

Ei LoK,

I'll give it a try myself and see how it goes. I hope it won't crash to desktop like you guys have observed. Sticking to 'personal use only' is, I believe, the right move when tinkering with a code. As for launching A3, I'm comfortable with the 'batch file' method. As long as it loads the game right, I don't see any problem using such method.

This thread is included in my frequently visited, reading back posts and trying to help whenever I can. AiA mod continues to amaze me with the many potentials it can do. We hope to hear again from .kju for updates. Hats off to .kju!

Ptr

Agreed on all points:)

Playing with this, using A3 weapons and soldiers, I noticed sometimes weapons will have no recoil at all. I have absolutely no idea how to reproduce this, and don't even know if it only happens with AllInArma or not, but I haven't noticed it before we started playing on Zargabad using AllInArma. It seems to get fixed after a few respawns/weapon changes, but will often persist through respawn/weapon change.

Any fix to stop tanks flip over?

It's a great mod but armored vehicles are not fun to play with right now.

"Im sorry if this has been asked already but i am trying to load all my mods via Play with Six but i cannot load them only AIA anybody mind helping me out with this

What a great mod!

Thanks for all the hard work thats gone into this.

My question, I'm hoping would be easy.

Right now I know there is a disable arma3 content PBO file that I know you can remove so you can use A3 items etc.

I'm looking for the opposite.

I'm wondering if there is a way to disable the early arma version soldiers and items and only run on arma 3 units and weapons. Right now I'm ok and enjoying just having the stock items in 3.

....I know this seems counter productive, but what I'm really interested in is just the extra maps. One day I know this mod will be more stable so you don't have to worry about the mix between 2 & 3. This to me so far has been the easiest way of adding maps. I've been getting regular CTD when I use the editor and add items into one of the older maps, I'm wondering if this will help that.

Does anyone have a solution for what I'm looking for? It would be great to be able to have a way to just like you would remove the PBO to use arma 3 units....do the same just for a stability platform to enjoy arma 3 items and soldiers on older maps.

Thanks in advance.

D A N

A short update on the situation:

I've tried to get A1 fully working (not just the terrains) .. unfortunately its too much of a mess and hack to get things even just somewhat working.

So I decided to fall back to just A1 terrain support for now, and with A2/CO as requirement for A1 usage.

Later on I may do a A2 unit mapping for A1 missions/campaigns, if there is enough interest.

In summary I hope to get a new update with basic A1 support and other important fixes out in the next few days.

A1 terrains would be OK, I doubt the need to use other A1 assets is that large anyway. Absolutely your main focus should be on A2 content. I'm loving what you have done already, and eagerly await each update.

A1 terrains would be OK, I doubt the need to use other A1 assets is that large anyway. Absolutely your main focus should be on A2 content. I'm loving what you have done already, and eagerly await each update.

Hello there

I agree with DMW. The RACS mod takes care of all my A1 needs infantry and vehiclewise and standard OPFOR seems to suit. There's one or two vehicles i miss but nothing that hasnt been already ported to A2 or simply was redundant. I could be wrong, it's been a long time since I played A1.

Regardless of your choices, if you manage to integrate A1 you'll simply be "loved" appreciated more.

Im off for a cold shower.

Rgds

LoK

I'd be more then happy to see the A1 terrains in A3 without the units.

sahrani is one of my all time favourite terrains ever, and I think it and A3 complement each other perfectly. Especially as its an island and we have the new divers and waterborne abilities. The very idea gets me quite excited! :)

Thanks for all your work on this, Kju. Its greatly appreciated!

I'd be more then happy to see the A1 terrains in A3 without the units.

sahrani is one of my all time favourite terrains ever, and I think it and A3 complement each other perfectly. Especially as its an island and we have the new divers and waterborne abilities. The very idea gets me quite excited! :)

Thanks for all your work on this, Kju. Its greatly appreciated!

I second this!

We as many I've talked to about this, feel Sahrani would be a large enough addition if any from ArmA 1. Similar sentiment about vehicles and units from A1, A2 pretty much has everything that's missing.

Anyone had any issues running CAA1 with AiA?

I dont mean just loading and running around, but trying to import any missions or use advanced scripting? Im getting alot of CTD's. However I can dump in a PRACS helo and fly about ok.

Rgds

LoK

Anybody care to help out one who is using play with six? Don't want to have to redownload all my files so how would one put them on six? All I can load is AiA

I have a strange issue with CAA1. I can run it as a mod with AIA, but I can only see the United and Southern Sahrani maps, along with Porto and Rahmadi.

Standard Sahrani just doesn't show up. I can run the other variants but I get an error saying 'Cannot load texture ca\sara\data\layers\etc'. I presume thats also contained in the Sara.Pbo, which I do have. I've downloaded Caa1 twice now with the same result, and even copied what I considered to be the relevant files from a version I'm already using with A2. I even took it from my Armed Assault install, but I just can't get around the problem. Nor do I really know what files I would need to copy over.

I'm not saying this is a problem with AIA; others are running sahrani with no problems, so I'm guessing something my end is wrong.

If anyone has any suggestions or experienced and fixed anything similar I'd be grateful to hear from you! :)

;2389842']A short update on the situation:

I've tried to get A1 fully working (not just the terrains) .. unfortunately its too much of a mess and hack to get things even just somewhat working.

So I decided to fall back to just A1 terrain support for now' date=' and with A2/CO as requirement for A1 usage.

Later on I may do a A2 unit mapping for A1 missions/campaigns, if there is enough interest.

In summary I hope to get a new update with basic A1 support and other important fixes out in the next few days.[/quote']

Heh, there's always something up with ArmA I, isn't there? That game actually uses a lot of little things that ArmA II doesn't even support, and you can see this very plainly in the first and last campaigns. Things that worked fine become supremely busted. As I've seen some post about CAA1 here, why not use that as the platform to get ArmA I support in ArmA III? Or is AiA looking only at configuration files and not mods at the most basic level?

Anybody care to help out one who is using play with six? Don't want to have to redownload all my files so how would one put them on six? All I can load is AiA

Sir, it would help if you could provide more info like what specific files are you referring to, what are your install paths ? I'm not well-versed with PWS. Custom mods can be launched with a batch and that's what I'm using.

Specific files being 3rd party addons the ones that i do have permission to port. My initial install paths are C:\Program Files (x86)\ArmA 2 for both arma 2 and OA. and C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters. I tried it with the Bat file and it loaded it all crazy and such idk if i did something wrong on my part but it was unplayable

Specific files being 3rd party addons the ones that i do have permission to port. My initial install paths are C:\Program Files (x86)\ArmA 2 for both arma 2 and OA. and C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters. I tried it with the Bat file and it loaded it all crazy and such idk if i did something wrong on my part but it was unplayable

Is your bat similar to the code below?

rem
rem 		Adjust the path with your local path
rem

set ARMA3_PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3
set ARMA2_PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arma 2
set ARMA2OA_PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead
set TKOH_PATH=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters

rem		Define your additional modfolders

set CUSTOM_MODS=[color="#FF0000"]@dummy1;@dummy2[/color]

rem		Adjust your parameters

set DEFAULT_PARAMETERS=-nosplash -skipintro -world=empty -noFilePatching
set DEVELOPMENT_PARAMTERS=-window -showScriptErrors
set PROFILE_PARAMETERS="-profiles=%ARMA3_PATH%" "-name=UserName"

rem
rem DONT MODIFY ANYTHING BELOW
rem

cd /D "%ARMA3_PATH%"

arma3.exe %DEFAULT_PARAMETERS% %DEVELOPMENT_PARAMTERS% %PROFILE_PARAMETERS% "-mod=%CUSTOM_MODS%;@AllInArma\ProductDummies;%TKOH_PATH%;%ARMA2_PATH%;%ARMA2OA_PATH%;%ARMA2OA_PATH%\Expansion;%ARMA3_PATH%;@AllInArma\Core;@AllInArma\PostA3"

exit

@dummy1 and @dummy2 being your '3rd party addons that i do have permission to port'. @dummy1 and @dummy2 mod folders should be inside the root Arma3 folder.

It would really help if you can post your actual launch codes here so that others may spot what could be causing the problem.

Hello there

For cunstom mos support, I just copied the mods that were not "supported" to the a3 directory and used PWS and they appeared under "local". (make sure your mod directory is set to the a3 dir)

as to Caa1 I can only see the main Sara map *not* the others! This is with the DL created with PWS. (it woudlnt recognise my original Caa1 install)

Odd, very odd.

Rgds

LoK

Ok I'll post them as soon as I get back from firing..firing with everybody who is not a MP today gonna be long

If you use CAA1, you need to launch it before ProductDummies, aka to the right of it, like

"-mod=$Custom$;@AllInArma\ProductDummies;c:\arma2\@CAA1;..."

Ah! Thanks! I'm making progress now that I moved CAA1 in the mod loading order. All islands are showing and I can load them in the editor without any errors popping up. :)

My problem now though is; if I place a soldier on any map and click preview, the HD runs for a while then I get the ArmA 3 has stopped working error. I don't get any .rpt file created.

I think I may still have the mod order wrong, but I can't see the wood for the trees. :) If anyone could take a glance at my startup and tell me what I'm doing wrong, I might have some hair left by the end of the week. heheh :) Thanks.

"E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -winxp -skipintro -nosplash -world=empty "-mod=@AllInArma\ProductDummies;E:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;@caa1;E:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion;E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3;@AllInArma\Core;@AllInArma\PostA3"
Edited by Mjr.Hassle
stuff