.kju

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3

JSRS works man i believe just make sure you run the cba's along with it, i have tried only @Caa1 and AIA and there seems to be a problem if you load up an A2 unit on one of the caa1 islands it crash's upon load.

JSRS does initialize, but the volumes on the sound effects are not set for ArmA 3. The metal clinging is louder than the explosion inside the chamber...

JSRS does initialize, but the volumes on the sound effects are not set for ArmA 3. The metal clinging is louder than the explosion inside the chamber...

It was loud enough for me in Arma2, that must be nasty.

Ok so new problem, I'm trying to run JUST A2 OA (for the time being, Aussie internet aint the best so I'll save A2 for another day) through this. However I can't fit the launch line into the target line, launching through six causes an error (Cannot find class "burst") which is discussed, but not solved, here: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/71685#change-155598 and I'm not sure what to write in the batchfile, should I delete the section that says "arma3pathhere" or write A2 OA's path in instead...? Or something else entirely.

Edited by SQB-SMA

@ galzohar

Two versions are no good idea for several reasons.

Even more there is no problem to run either just non infantry content from AiA with A3 stuff, or all A2/OA stuff just without A3 infantry.

In other words its only down to the mission designer to not mix A2/OA infantry and A3 infantry, or the player/admin to select both type of missions.

There is no reason for player to delete pbos either - this is only a workaround for a mission designer to have access to A3 content in the editor.

@ JaFuzz

Running a server with AiA should be just the same as for clients.

@ Predator.v2

Best to report crashes in the A3 FT.

Hello there

Another FYI, some more complex mods do have some issues but plain and "simple" mods all seem to work well for me on the whole.

There's issues, yes, but the game is playable.

If .kju managed to get the A2 inf in by himself then the future is bright indeed.

Rgds

LoK

Just saying but hiding A3 Units and what not, WHAT THE F**K were you thinking!? :(

Dude, calm yo farm. There were issues with crashes, to get it stable they have been hidden. You can un-hide them by deleting the relevant PBO. Easy peasy.

Great stuff, just a couple of questions. Medics don't seem to work. It also keeps telling me to install OA Cba, is this a redundant message?

For now I would strongly recommend using PWS, its not what I usually do, but this mod is moving pretty fast and PWS will update and keep the mod sorted, you can then enjoy getting on and playing/testing finding glitches etc.

@SQB-SMA

I am still testing the ai, new test results are in my sig (arma3 vids/ai testing). Its coming along nicely, just repeating tests I had done in A2 whilst mixing and matching 'ai' pbo’s, will list them when I'm done testing..:)

i've been working on mission with Caa1 for A2 and seen this project with i have to say is brill how long do you think A1 support will be I know need Islands nothing More as I will be adding my own units and stuff.

For now I would strongly recommend using PWS, its not what I usually do, but this mod is moving pretty fast and PWS will update and keep the mod sorted, you can then enjoy getting on and playing/testing finding glitches etc.

@SQB-SMA

I am still testing the ai, new test results are in my sig (arma3 vids/ai testing). Its coming along nicely, just repeating tests I had done in A2 whilst mixing and matching 'ai' pbo’s, will list them when I'm done testing..:)

Cheers man, I've been mixing and matching myself (RAINF kindly linked me to an old AI combination of yours, I'm literally testing it in AiA currently).

I've got CBA CO running, but it comes up with an error (which minimizes into the little grey bar) and ACE works 100% in functionality, but doesn't seem to register key inputs. Anybody figured out a way around this?

I need more precise errors reports and better with simple demo mission for these:

1. missing handgun reload animations

2. volumes on the sound effects are not set for ArmA 3

3. I've got CBA CO running, but it comes up with an error (which minimizes into the little grey bar) / this little dot is present with every island and every placed single unit (a2-units and a3-units) in editor as soon as i start with cba_A3 and/or cba_A2 and/or cba_OA.

Without cba I havent any dot. Tried it with chernarus, utes, stratis and aliabad.

4. No Muzzleflashes with A2/Oa Weapons.

5. also on some old arma 2 maps i get a strange line that clips across the entire terrain (this only happens at certain altitude and if i aim looking in a certain direction).

6. Medics don't seem to work.

See:

How-to-post-issues

How-to-report-a-bug

Thanks!

;2380570']

Even more there is no problem to run either just non infantry content from AiA with A3 stuff' date=' or all A2/OA stuff just without A3 infantry.

In other words its only down to the mission designer to not mix A2/OA infantry and A3 infantry, or the player/admin to select both type of missions.

There is no reason for player to delete pbos either - this is only a workaround for a mission designer to have access to A3 content in the editor.

[/quote']

So if I run a mission with only A3 units, and then run a mission with only A2 units (and vice versa) everything should work ok? If yes then this is great!

So if I run a mission with only A3 units, and then run a mission with only A2 units (and vice versa) everything should work ok? If yes then this is great!

Wasn't my experience. I did the vice versa. When I ran a mission with only A2 units, and then ran a mission with only A3 units, the animations for the A3 units were messed up. Now, if you go and enable/disable the DisableA3 pbo file after running each mission, then maybe it'll work.

Are smoke grenades not working for anybody else? The smoke appears initially, but it doesn't continue to push out smoke for the duration.

Are smoke grenades not working for anybody else? The smoke appears initially, but it doesn't continue to push out smoke for the duration.

The smoke duration is waaay too short, and that's with Arma 3 smoke grenades. It's there in full for about 5 to 10 secs and then dissipates. Not sure if this is caused by A2/OA files or if it's something that changed with a dev build update.

Wasn't my experience. I did the vice versa. When I ran a mission with only A2 units, and then ran a mission with only A3 units, the animations for the A3 units were messed up. Now, if you go and enable/disable the DisableA3 pbo file after running each mission, then maybe it'll work.

+1 i also have this problem does not seem to disperse correctly neither, kju do you have any suggestions as to why the latest update has killed caa1? It works fine when loaded up with @AIA but once i try to load up a caa1 island and preview with a A2 soldier it CTD's. It loads fine so im contempt for now as its needed for some of my older islands i still use, but if you could spread some light onto this i would be most grateful

Just an opinon but I honestly think that the AIA_disableA3.pbo should be disabled by default. I mean we all know what will happen if we use both a2 and a3 units at the same time and it really limits the mission editor. I have tested a3 units only with an a2 modded map fallujah and it works flawlessly by removing the aia_disablea3.pbo. You can even give them a2 weapons if necessary. So yes, allowing a3 content to be played with allinarma is probably going to be better in my opinion but that's just my opinion. Just wanted to share my opinion but other than that, the mod is fantastic! really love it. Adds more content to the game to allow mission makers to have more options. I really love it!

Thank you

Does this mod allow for the use of a2 and OA faction mods? If so, how would I install them?

i noticed that too, unfortunately while experimenting with particle effects, so i thought i reached some limit of particles or something...

Does this mod allow for the use of a2 and OA faction mods? If so, how would I install them?

i run the full unsung mod successfully by using it like arma 3 mods. meaning: put the mods in your arma 3 folder and inside the batch file you add them to the mod line. works great.

;2381016']I need more precise errors reports and better with simple demo mission for these:

See:

How-to-post-issues

How-to-report-a-bug

Thanks!

I'm trying to get the CBA to show it's error message (it seems to only do this once) instead of just being a grey bar. I don't know how to do rpts as well, but I should be able to figure it out.

Hypothetically, why would ACE's key commands not work... I've been trying to get them up for a while. hmmm.

can confirm this for a3 and a2 smoke grenades with and without cba.