.kju

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3

So tanks finally don't flip stupidly anymore? Nice job!

Have you also fixed the Javelin and Metis aiming backwards?

And at your last version (yesterday), i noticed some units to not have a "chest pack" by default.

I started Bennys Warfare mission on Chernarus and my default soldier didn't have a "chest pack" just a shirt. I had to buy a backpack, but as we know, this causes problems with mgs and grenades. Later i started a warfare mission on Takistan and my US soldier was wearing a default chest pack.

it becomes better and better. I get a small artifact with cba_A3 and/or cba_OA/cba_A2 enabled, its a little horizontal static dot like a small ufo in the left upper middle of the screen. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=140874450

Heh, yeah I get that as well, only it seems to me I get it more in the top left corner.

+2 also get this small artifact, and also on some old arma 2 maps i get a strange line that clips across the entire terrain (this only happens at certain altitude and if i aim looking in a certain direction).

Isn't this kind of a step backwards though? I mean, sure, you get the new lighting engine with this, but kinda defeats the purpose of being in Arma 3 if you can't use Arma 3. I mean, it's better than nothing at the moment. But for now I'll just use the previous version. Hope there's some way to compromise.

kju is just trying to have a stable version that doesn't deliberately cause crashes. one step at a time. he already answered to how to use arma 3 units with the latest version. read his response to one of my posts.

to make missions with A3 units you can simply remove the AiA_DisableA3Content.pbo meanwhile.

kju is just trying to have a stable version that doesn't deliberately cause crashes. one step at a time. he already answered to how to use arma 3 units with the latest version. read his response to one of my posts.

Oh, yeah, I know. It's kinda of an unfortunate workaround sort of thing, but yeah I definitely get that. In time, he'll get it working. Although I guess he knows that the offending pbo file is the AiA_Characters.pbo. So for now I've just replaced that file with the older version.

Edited by antoineflemming

Seems like there is a small issue with BAF and PMC units, they use the low resolution LITE textures

Noticed that one too. :eek: Still, its awesome what this mod

. Thanks again kju!
I get a small artifact with cba_A3 and/or cba_OA/cba_A2 enabled, its a little horizontal static dot like a small ufo in the left upper middle of the screen. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=140874450

Yes, like this one.

http://s18.postimg.org/tg0yugae1/arma3_2013_04_23_12_07_07_94.jpg

Hello there

Another FYI. Just using PWS by itself, (no messing around with parameters) the mod now works fine. AFAIK the bat file etc was only needed at the first few releases.

I have changed my mod directory in settings to another drive (my old a2), but thats it. It just works (apart from the known bugs)

Rgds

LoK

Hey, kju. I have a question regarding the old versions. I noticed that the replacement Takistani Guerrilla units were using OA textures. In what file is that defined?

@Scheinto887: Yeah, that's already known.

Is it possible to make a "AiA_DisableA2_Content.pbo" ? ( disable/hide the ArmA 2 content in the Editor )

So that only ArmA3 Content is in the Editor.

Rgds

(ST6)Predator

Edited by (ST6)Predator

@ LordMoon

Check this: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/arma.RPT

Or use the -profiles parameter to move its location:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/-profiles

@ Fabio_Chavez

Good "stuff" :)

@ Bullet Purveyor

Please check the known issues about the DLCs: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/all-in-arma/wiki#Known-issues

@ Yokhanan

The "hacked" integration of A2/OA content is certainly not optimal in terms of performance.

Lets see what how it develops with further AiA updates.

@ passive_aggressive, trueapothecary , Enricksolt, DMarkwick

Please try again with the new version.

@ Minimalaco

This should be A2/OA content issue. There is a GDT addon to fix that.

Or are you sure it was fixed in A2/OA eventually itself?

@ asuseroako

Will check the ACR script error or lack of crosshairs.

@ All3n, Masharra

Will check again - technically the recoil values should be like in A2/OA now.

However maybe A3 uses a different system now..

@ Bad Benson

My idea is to make AiA as a base and to allow other modders make better replacements,

say infantry units, vehicles or weapons that support more/all A3 features - but still having

the huge range of existing missions and campaigns as content to choose from.

So in other words, especially via services like PwS, an extended version of AiA

sounds like a good idea to me - similar to what CWR is doing.

My expertise is configs (and scripting + gameplay) - others are to join in

and supplement the other areas (new models, better textures, sounds, effects, AI, etc).

@ JumpingHubert , DMarkwick , weedman

Need more details or better yet simple demo mission.

@ Predator.v2

Check the issue list: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/all-in-arma/issues

And make reports for not yet reported problems

;2380142']

@ JumpingHubert ' date=' DMarkwick , weedman

Need more details or better yet simple demo mission.

[/quote']

this little dot is present with every island and every placed single unit (a2-units and a3-units) in editor as soon as i start with cba_A3 and/or cba_A2 and/or cba_OA.

Without cba I havent any dot. Tried it with chernarus, utes, stratis and aliabad.

Is it possible to make the mod available in 2 separate mod folders, one that just makes as much as A2 available without breaking A3, and another that adds the rest of the A2 content while breaking the A3 stuff?

That way, a community can choose which way they want to play (ex: A3 on A2 islands as opposed to be able to fully play a2 missions), with everything still being available easily from PWS, with no issues like animation problems or need to delete PBOs.

At least for us, as long as the A2 units do not fully support the A3 features (modular uniforms, helmets, vests), we prefer the A3 units. But we're really getting sick of Stratis and want to incorporate Zargabad into our games. And of course, to get anything done in a feasible fashion, it all must be available directly from PWS, or else the technical difficulty in getting everything to work will kill the gaming nights.

Any guides on how to set up a dedicated server with this? we have a remote desktop server so it should be possible right?

Thanks in advanced!

Yeah the little black dot was a bit unexpected, but I gave up caring when I saw how nice AiA worked and finally being able to enjoy some of the A2/CO goodness in ArmA 3. It more than makes up for any bugs and limitations currently faced with development of AiA. All I can say is thank you for your hard work on getting this together and working for us. I installed ArmA 2 but hated not having some of the goodies and abilities of ArmA 3, yet I got sooooooo bored of playing the same tiny content of ArmA 3. So to be able to mix them a bit breathed some new life into both for me. So thanks a ton for all of your hard work on the project man, we appreciate it greatly! :)

is it just me or does the latest update break caa1, as soon as i try to place a unit and try and test i get an immediate crash.

good work so far!!!!!!!!! love what ur doing, just need a few tweaks here and there. it would be nice if you could fix the handgun reload animations? thanks A+ work

How do I run mods with it, and I am specifically thinking about ACE 2 and maybe JSRS...

JSRS works man i believe just make sure you run the cba's along with it, i have tried only @Caa1 and AIA and there seems to be a problem if you load up an A2 unit on one of the caa1 islands it crash's upon load.