.kju

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3

I'm guessing this has no A1 support at the moment? Is there any way I can get it to work? Putting the directory in the modline didn't work.

Edited by Slendermang

anyway, can somebody explain to me how to use the lighting config to turns this into an afghan sandstorm or generally more of a sandish tone?

just wondering... ;)

anyway, can somebody explain to me how to use the lighting config to turns this into an afghan sandstorm or generally more of a sandish tone?

just wondering... ;)

Haven't tried it but I should think you want to amend each instance of the RGB triplet;

fogColor[] = {<R: 0.0-1.0>,<G: 0.0-1.0>,<B: 0.0-1.0>};

It's a good idea, given you're not likely to see fog in desert climates it'd be useful to re-purpose for sandstorm ambience.

Just be aware that the config kju's posted will make your changes appear in all islands (except Stratis). You'll need to amend the config to suit specific islands or post your results here and propose that kju does.

Yep the idea is to have people post their suggestions of specific terrains and the tweaks to be incorporated quickly to let everyone try and comment.

@ Outlaw3025

Please post your rpt log file.

@ GreenBeret40

What do you mean? The hills in the horizon?

@ Perfk

Best to ask in the troubleshoot section.

To me it sounds you just need to rebind the actions accordingly.

@ Fabio_Chavez

You need to be more specific. Technically it is just like in A3 itself or in CO.

@ cjph

No of the videos are made by me. Best to ask in their comment section.

@ sproyd

It should work if you load CBA A3 and the CBA CO/OA/A2 version (depending on what you are running alongside).

@ Slendermang

No ETA on the A1 support, but it should be quite soon.

Want to get some other issues sorted first.

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

New version available: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/all-in-arma/files

Changes:

• Fixed: Mission savegames dont work.
  • Fixed: West side units voices are silent in radio messages.
  • Fixed: Sea vegetation grows on certain land areas.
  • Fixed: The OA desert terrain's name is not shown.
  • Fixed: In the map screen it says "cannot connect to the positioning system".
  • Fixed: In the editor the preview and continue buttons are not visible.
  • Fixed: In the campaign selection menu the description display is not at its correct position.
  • Fixed: In the showcases menu the mission description display is partially behind another element.

Full details: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1466

---

A update to fix various smaller issues. Unfortunately had to remove the underwater vegetation as BI used the same texture also on land/under roads.

My current plan is to focus next on weapons, broken vehicle sounds and buggy effects, as well as to sort other smaller issues reported by you guys.

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

Im not sure if this has been reported, but at night fog is barely visible on A2 islands. I think this has been the case since BIS updated fog rendering in one of the dev builds.

;2373927']Yep the idea is to have people post their suggestions of specific terrains and the tweaks to be incorporated quickly to let everyone try and comment.

@ Fabio_Chavez

You need to be more specific. Technically it is just like in A3 itself or in CO.

Haven't tried it but I should think you want to amend each instance of the RGB triplet;

fogColor[] = {<R: 0.0-1.0>,<G: 0.0-1.0>,<B: 0.0-1.0>};

It's a good idea' date=' given you're not likely to see fog in desert climates it'd be useful to re-purpose for sandstorm ambience.

Just be aware that the config kju's posted will make your changes appear in all islands (except Stratis). You'll need to amend the config to suit specific islands or post your results here and propose that kju does.[/quote']

ok do you have any idea wich line to change exactly? there is the fog color parameter in "class Lighting1-class Lighting38" and the values are all different, thb i have no idea about arma cfgs, i know the concept of rgb colors and might be able to adjust the fog into something desireable by try and error, id like to experiment a bit.

and if i change something how do i apply? i pack the config file into *.pbo and load it as a mod?

sorry if the questions are too stupid, nevermind ;)

I don't know what the Lighting1-38 definitions represent or how/when they might be applied, unless somebody else does you'll just have to try and work it out yourself through trial and error (a lot of modding is an exercise in persistence). Nor do any of the values make much sense to me, I might guess from the low numbers that each colour component has the transparency built in so if you did {1.0,0.0,0.0} you'd get solid red fog and {1.0,1.0,1.0} solid white.

To trial your changes create a pbo from the folder containing config.cpp with Eliteness and place it in the addons sub-directory of a mod folder you create for the purpose (i.e. @FogTest\AddOns\myfogtest.pbo). Then reference that mod folder at the end of the -mod parameter (i.e. "-mod=<Your Current AllInArmA Modline>;@FogTest").

;2373927']New version available: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/all-in-arma/files

Changes:

• Fixed: Mission savegames dont work.
  • Fixed: West side units voices are silent in radio messages.
  • Fixed: Sea vegetation grows on certain land areas.
  • Fixed: The OA desert terrain's name is not shown.
  • Fixed: In the map screen it says "cannot connect to the positioning system".
  • Fixed: In the editor the preview and continue buttons are not visible.
  • Fixed: In the campaign selection menu the description display is not at its correct position.
  • Fixed: In the showcases menu the mission description display is partially behind another element.

Full details: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1466

---

A update to fix various smaller issues. Unfortunately had to remove the underwater vegetation as BI used the same texture also on land/under roads.

My current plan is to focus next on weapons' date=' broken vehicle sounds and buggy effects, as well as to sort other smaller issues reported by you guys.[/quote']

Thank you, kju! :yay:

Will also try this with the latest Alpha build 0.54

ok so far i managed to turn the blue fluff into some hazardrous chemical, thank you guys!

besides that i encountered some bug, it is not depending on the changes in the cfg, it also occurs without the changes, you can see in the second half of the video, the terrain is rendered invisible and you can see the sky behind while the grass remains visible and floats in the air. any idea?

Edited by Fabio_Chavez

Try terrain detail at the highest setting.

Will you be working on getting the high-res textures of PMC and BAF vehicles implemented? For those that have bought the dlc or course.

Will you be working on getting the high-res textures of PMC and BAF vehicles implemented? For those that have bought the dlc or course.

From the wiki:

Known issues

OA/TKOH DLC cannot be loaded - BI must add engine support for them in A3

So ive noticed since the last 0.54 update the game keeps freezing during combat especially when theres an explosion, any theories?

kju: about the lighting cfg, do you have any information about what the different "class Lighting" segments (1-38) in the config code are doing?

i played around a bit, but only with the fog values and only during changing the values in all segments alike, would be intressting to know what the purpose of the class Lighting segments is to better be able to figure out, how the different variables dynamicly interfere with eachother.

@kju lol

thanks for the lighting config! I will try to reduce the glowing grass & vegetation on chernarus @ sunny weather conditions.

Look at the first four values and you get a good idea:

height = 0;

overcast = 0.6;

sunAngle = -10;

sunOrMoon = 0;

0 to 10 = different sunAngles at overcast 0.6

11 to 21 = different sunAngles at overcast 0.8

22 to 32 = different sunAngles at overcast 0

33 to 38 = a few different sunAngles underwater at overcast 0

overcast - 0 - sky_clear

overcast - 0.07 - sky_clear

overcast - 0.25 - sky_almostclear

overcast - 0.4 - sky_semicloudy

overcast - 0.6 - sky_cloudy

overcast - 0.9 - sky_mostlycloudy

overcast - 1 - sky_overcast

thank you kju, thats something to work with, and i get an idea of how timeconsuming it might be to make even minor tweaks that do make any sense at all... wich is still subjective in the end if something looks "natural" or "right". -_-

Hi kju,

I just tried the latest version (2013-04-15 v5) of AiA with Arma 3 Alpha dev build 0.55.103960 and here are some minor issues I ran into while playing an ArmA 2 scenario called 'Village Sweep'.

1) Press Esc to pause game then there are two 'Save' buttons. The one on the left is the normal Save button and the other one I think is redundant ?

http://s10.postimg.org/rrhqjnh2h/arma3_2013_04_16_16_31_40_51.jpg

2) While game is paused then you click the 'Options' button, 'Audio' button overlaps with 'Save' which is not in its proper place.

http://s8.postimg.org/yyep9hnjp/arma3_2013_04_16_16_34_02_08.jpg

3) BMP-3's outer skin scrolls when vehicle is in motion just like the one shown

Confirmed based on this changelog

Fixed: The OA desert terrain's name is not shown.

http://s22.postimg.org/6ppxd3jzl/arma3_2013_04_16_16_19_39_40.jpg

Fixed: In the map screen it says "cannot connect to the positioning system".

http://s22.postimg.org/ov7h4w8vl/arma3_2013_04_16_16_21_18_48.jpg

Fixed: West side units voices are silent in radio messages.

Thank you! :)

I think the magical variable is SetLightIntensity to to get more european lightning on chernarus and more hot desert lightning on takistan & co. In the editor there are still inactive sliders, i hope they were enabled in the future.

well, on takistan and chernarus, i do have the same lighting like in arma 2, except improved shadows. How to make takistans lighting, same beautifully as on stratis?

Hello, first really nice mod but i have a small problem when i play your mod a strange bug appear. The animation are totaly weird , weapons are placed wrong (too low) , when i run and stop the guy keep advancing. So anyone can help me ? i search everywhere and don't find a solution.

Thanks for your help

@ M1n1d0u

Your modline seems wrong. Please post your rpt log file.