.kju

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3

i loaded some custom map (FATA) as mod on top of AiA to see if it would replace lighting and sky automaticly, and it did and it looks incomprehensively awesome but there is this bug that i have this strange water line all over my screen, any idea how to fix that?

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/3351/arma320130413223743715.jpg

Nimitz with F-18s:

arma3nimitz_f18_2.jpg

Nice. I have the same addons installed.

@Trent, and can I ask you have you read the EULA for this FA18? On the first page in the add-on release tread EULA, that states - FA18 is meant to be A2 exclusive and also I explained why.

So I guess that's all the respect to the author and his work, just because you want the toy, you don't care about anything else? So tell me why I should release any more updates to public? If people like you don't respect someone's else's work and IP, then I'll probably keep the updates to my friends. Trent this is not GTA, CoD or Skyrim community, for long time before steam brought us new players [like you] discussion's as this were very rare thing here on these forums. Sad.

it's like those warning signs, "do not open", people seem to want to violate it at all costs.

I keep getting this error config.bin/cfgweapons/g36_c_sd_eotech/burst/: cannot find base class 'burst'

I've got this exact same issue. I can't launch because of it.

I've got this exact same issue. I can't launch because of it.

Same here which is a real shame. I've googled the error, and it's one that occurs for ArmA 2. However when I try to launch ArmA 2, no such error comes up, I've tried removing all of my mods and other things from my ArmA2 folders yet still the error remains.

Any word on how to work around it at the moment? Doesn't affect my actual ArmA 2 games, just trying to launch AiA through Six.

I made something today, hope you're like it ;)

Edited by EvroMalarkey

Expanding the underwater combat possibilities.

arma3_2013_04_13_23_54_13_64.jpg

arma3_2013_04_14_00_01_01_64.jpg

arma3_2013_04_13_23_58_19_84.jpg

@Trent, and can I ask you have you read the EULA for this FA18?

So you want me to uninstall an addon I use for my own personal singleplayer scenarios? Ok, it's done. Or is it? How would you even know? Tool.

Trent this is not GTA, CoD or Skyrim community, for long time before steam brought us new players [like you] discussion's as this were very rare thing here on these forums. Sad.

I've been here since OFP, so spare me the snobbery.

hi all

@the Chief take the bat file from file section arma.bat

and modifier the line with your Mod like that

rem Define your additional modfolders

set CUSTOM_MODS=@baghdad_v12;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@Clafghan1.1;@dm;@usec_ch53;@compassfix;@GLT_f16_12;@Podagorsk_v11;@US_C130H

@Fabio_Chavez is seem to be sea level

EvroMalarkey nice video i love it:bounce3:

@KJU Good work :bounce3:

@Trent ... you aren't going to be in the community for very long with that attitude mate. So you have been here since OFP but only just posted ... riiiiiiiiiiiiiight

On a nicer note.... good screenies !

I made something today, hope you're like it ;)

very nice lil vid :)

I would like to take this moment to remind everyone on this team or having the idea of porting addons over, wether you are dragging and dropping a file or modifying it, it is still porting.

I also ask you remember that the road to hell is paved with the best of intentions, and that mods such as this have existed in the past, dating even to Operation Flashpoint with FFUR asked permission to use addons.

As such you should not take it upon yourself to assume that everyone is fine with having their addons ported.

It is always in the best interest of all to ask first, generally you get the answer of yes but you will always see "NO" if you act without permission.

If you wish to go public with something, ask permission, if you wish to keep it yourself and not publicize then fine.

All it takes is a few minutes people...do not let us become a community in fear of one another due to going against one anothers wishes and thus discouraging creation.

It is far easier to lose trust than it is to gain it...do not threaten its loss.

Edited by NodUnit

I'm going to stick my neck out a little (because these subjects tend to get highly emotive very quickly) and suggest that there's little or no evidence in this thread that anybody's IP has been infringed upon. That is to say that, as far as I've seen, nobody's addon has been altered, re-packaged, re-distributed, reverse-engineered or mis-credited and if all those things are true I don't think it can really be said that the addon has been 'ported' in any way - nothing has been done to it. What kju's created here amounts to a compatibility layer that allows A2 to run within A3 and using unaltered addons licensed for A2 under this I would propose is a Fair Use. A bit like when you buy a CD and the law permits you to play that same music on some other device. The music companies would love to prevent it but there are limits to the control they're allowed to exercise through a license.

I don't think I've ever seen any addon maker declare that the addon they made for A2 may not be used in OA/CO or TKOH (a.k.a. ArmA 2.5) or, to take that a step farther, that their addon may not be used with ACE or SweetFX or some other platform upgrade. Given that they don't need to be altered in any way, and there's no effective barrier to this use, the only thing a furore is likely to achieve is to prevent people posting screenshots on this forum and trying to force this use underground will only diminish the protections addon makers enjoy here.

Won't be getting dragged into a public debate on the matter but consider that alternative viewpoint my $0.02.

First off this debate should be extracted by moderators to a separate thread. There is no point to have this mixed in here.

Next lets be clear that the actual issue some people have is the unclear situation in regards to a possible steamworkshop integration with A3 and the license Valve makes people agree there. So, as people already do, these concerns should be brought up to BI and only BI. There is little point to drag the modding community or players into this.

Finally lets be realistic you cannot expect players to read about some modder's sudden change of heart to forbid the use of their work in future products - even less in some random thread. You cannot expect everyone to follow every word posted in this forum or elsewhere.

A later change of license is not possible nor meaningful; if you really want to enforce it, let every site take down your work and re-release it with your new terms of use.

But you should really ask yourself, if you want to go that far and punish the average user for your concerns about steamworkshop - you really need to sort this with BI itself.

If you really want to see no posts with screenshots/videos of your work within A3, you should ask moderators for a central thread to state that and guide users to it upon conflicting with your request.

Finally if someone uses your work unaltered, it is not modded/edited/ported and thus no break of such.

In legal terms what matters is the license you have attached to your release.

In practical terms I think I've said everything important in post #3.

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

hi

@Fabio_Chavez is seem to be sea level

@KJU Good work :bounce3:

But the waterline sticks to the camera and will stick to it even whipe flying?

Same here which is a real shame. I've googled the error, and it's one that occurs for ArmA 2. However when I try to launch ArmA 2, no such error comes up, I've tried removing all of my mods and other things from my ArmA2 folders yet still the error remains.

Any word on how to work around it at the moment? Doesn't affect my actual ArmA 2 games, just trying to launch AiA through Six.

I found some sort of workaround: Just put all your Arma 2 & OA weapons.pbo files (so weapons2, weapons_e and so as well) and put them into a new subfolder within the addons folder so that they won't be loaded. It'll launch now, and your islands will work, however all Arma 2 weapons (including those on vehicles) won't be there.

I'm considering reinstalling my Arma 2 & OA to see if it makes a difference.

Can't get takistan to work although i have Arma2 Co...

I can accesso to takistan in the editor but once i click on "preview" the Hd starts loading and then nothing...

In short: i need to close arma3 manually

any tips?

Small question - in my case there are no radio conversations anymor. I mean - there are radio subtitles on the bottom of the screen, but no actual voices can be heared - and my soldier and all other unites keep scielence. As if it is ACE with radio transmitions turned off, but in this case i didnt find where to switch them on again.

Can anyone help please?:(

But exept these - everything is just great - once again thanks a lot Kju for your splendid work!

I keep getting this error config.bin/cfgweapons/g36_c_sd_eotech/burst/: cannot find base class 'burst'

Same here, cant start it,thought it was because of my 20 gig Arma2 with wild mods, did a new steam install of my ArmA OA.. still doesnt work :(

Same here, cant start it,thought it was because of my 20 gig Arma2 with wild mods, did a new steam install of my ArmA OA.. still doesnt work :(

I've found out that the culprit is weapons_e.pbo from Operation Arrowhead. If you get rid of it (put it in a different folder) it'll launch, but all OA weapons will of course not be there.

Hi sorry I am alittle lost on how to get this mod to work.

Does this require previous Arma2 game files in order to work, or only Arma3? And if it is just Arma3, where/how do I import Arma 2 custom islands?

Cheers

Thanks

;2372670']First off this debate should be extracted by moderators to a separate thread. There is no point to have this mixed in here.

Next lets be clear that the actual issue some people have is the unclear situation in regards to a possible steamworkshop integration with A3 and the license Valve makes people agree there. So' date=' as people already do, these concerns should be brought up to BI and only BI. There is little point to drag the modding community or players into this.

Finally lets be realistic you cannot expect players to read about some modder's sudden change of heart to forbid the use of their work in future products - even less in some random thread. You cannot expect everyone to follow every word posted in this forum or elsewhere.

A later change of license is not possible nor meaningful; if you really want to enforce it, let every site take down your work and re-release it with your new terms of use.

But you should really ask yourself, if you want to go that far and punish the average user for your concerns about steamworkshop - you really need to sort this with BI itself.

If you really want to see no posts with screenshots/videos of your work within A3, you should ask moderators for a central thread to state that and guide users to it upon conflicting with your request.

Finally if someone uses your work unaltered, it is not modded/edited/ported and thus no break of such.

In legal terms what matters is the license you have attached to your release.

In practical terms I think I've said everything important in post #3.

I think these points should be stickied somewhere, this is quite correct.

On a different topic: I notice the addon describes that the load order is impotnant - does this mean that other addons from the A2 CO folder that might need A2 content (lets say maps for example) need to be added after the AiA switches?

I've not read 17 pages...

but after i started arma 3 with arrowhead, thru play with six, all worked ok, then i tried to start arma 3 thru steam.....

all kinds of errors :

no entry 'config.bin.tooltipdelay'

shaders not valid (mismatchof exe and data?)

and it won't run anymore, i did a validate of the game files, but that didn't help.

is it now only possible to run the game trhu play with six ?

For Play with Six : very nice idea and good job, it runs arma2 with all expansions i have !