.kju

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3

;2370311']@ PMartin

Try this:

However you may have the same problem as moraa. Like you need to use "Program Files" instead of the "Arquivos de programas". Check post #98.

I tried both changing to the suggested tagline and changing the arma2 folder to Program Files (Arquivos de Programas was actually a old folder from my win xp, which wasn't in English) and neither solved the problem. BUT then after a few tries Six showed that the mod needed to be updated, and then I did and it started working perfect. I don't know if there was a new updated for the mod or Play with six recognized that everything was in a new folder and then updated it. Whatever it was, thanks .Kju, great mod! I'll alt+tab back to the game now.

Fantastic work. Anway that this could ever activate the ACR DLC easily?

Many thanks for sharing.

great work, quick bug report..

When in sights/camera/optics (whatever you call it :)) mode for Javelin, vertical mouse control gets inverted (i.e down is up and vice versa)

Trouble finding the Community Config Project for CBA to work with AiA. Any ideas where it is found ?

Getting consistent crashes and mixed up UI with the latest update, where the previous one was fine. Submitted to DH.

Great addon! :)

Would be nice to have a config for only the islands.

Great addon! :)

Would be nice to have a config for only the islands.

THANKS FOR THE WORK!! :)

Pls a Island only Version too!!!

THANK YOU!!

@Trent

The vapour trails code is in the pbo of the mod/plane you use, which on the other hand uses the default Arma 2 vapour trails in ca.pbo that haven't been used for some reason.

Really? the vapour trails seem to be uniform despite the different authors.

This is so cool - not having to choose between launching Arma 2 or 3, all can be done from A3.

Im hosting a server with this mod. filter AIA or look for 21SFG. Mod works great and some old maps including the scripts work perfect!

Cheers

I keep getting this error config.bin/cfgweapons/g36_c_sd_eotech/burst/: cannot find base class 'burst'

Getting the characters into the game would involve going back and re-doing everything just to get them into game, and THEN modulating everything. The old models have the vests modeled onto the body. Which is bad for the modulating system on A3. Very time consuming. I don't foresee it coming anytime soon, if ever. Instead be on the lookout for new content coming soon in the mod community. The model makers are working hard at getting some new character models out, and not retextures.

I agree with the post above. An island only version will be good. Preferably with a list of required PBOs for islands only. Since there will come the time when ArmA3 will have superior content that is lacking in alpha at the moment (vehicles, planes, more weapons also mods adding those made with A3 standards) and there will be no point in keeping the whole installation just to play on Chernarus.

Could any kind soul, please inform me how to run my Arma2 mods with this? I have the set up running fine, for Arma 3 mods, via play with six and via a .bat file.

Much appreciated.

That's SO COOL!!! You should place the Carrier further out to sea though as it wouldn't be able to sit in such shallow water as it has a c. 12m draft.

Bit of fun, just very easy to bring things over, with no performance issues (so far), lovely to see the crossover gaming, better than Arma-Arma2 was..

Edit: Reduced it to one showing two others below, as said just fun, performance is shown regards settings, costs me upto -25/-30fps recording, but overall fps is high (without recording), I have quite a few over into A3, working on more. How big can a .bat file be, is there a limit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GbUggNildk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2QCYaHJ87g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2qPwzL7-OI

Thanks kju, keep this great work going. As said earlier a island one would be nice, I can get them over using a reduced pbo setup, but would prefer using this mod..;)

Edited by ChrisB

Can't see much point to an island-only release, it's not like it's going to change the download size and it'll fracture the userbase and break dependencies other add-ons might need.

If people like the 2035 setting so much that everything from A2 is just 'clutter' the better solution would be an optional pbo that removes the unwanted classes from the editor (but leaves them available to missions and other addons).

Hello there

Just as a *wish* I would like to see the old troops/civs ingame. Obviously, the newer clothing functionality would have to be disabled for them but it would be nice to have them in game (whether possible or not). I dont understand the reasoning for a Island only version as we need to have OA etc and its clear in the editor which units are a3 and which are a2 (vehicles/troops). I also think it *may* fracture the community a little. I may be wrong, I'm no expert.

Rgds

LoK

Can't see much point to an island-only release, it's not like it's going to change the download size and it'll fracture the userbase and break dependencies other add-ons might need.

If people like the 2035 setting so much that everything from A2 is just 'clutter' the better solution would be an optional pbo that removes the unwanted classes from the editor (but leaves them available to missions and other addons).

Well, to be fair, those individuals do still have OA and A2 to play. I'd rather see people remake the units (separate out the gear and the helmets) as A3 compatible.

Mod is working so far very nicely - Converting old ArmA2 mission have been already mostly problem free, but the savegames dosent seem to work. Once I save the game and load, everytime the map becomes empty with locked static camera stareing from point where the game was saved. I will create a bug ticked once doing more testing. Still even with the bug, returning to Chernarus is a dream come true. :)

New version available: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/all-in-arma/files

Changes:

• Added: underwater sea life.
  • Added: underwater vegetation to A2 worlds.

• Fixed: Guerrilla / Independent units have missing model assigned.
  • Fixed: Impossible to take off with most planes.
  • Fixed: Some choppers tend to turn over.
  • Fixed: Text not readable in message box.
  • Fixed: Helicopters cause missing script error when TKOH is not present.
  • Fixed: WingVortices effect is missing for some planes.
  • Fixed: Most CannonCore and RocketPods weapons have wrong weapon mode type display.

Full details: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1465

---

So in summary infantry, cars, choppers and planes should work basically fine now.

Tanks are still problematic (easily turn over). I fear we have to wait for BI to address this/introduce a working PhysX simulation class for tanks.

Underwater simulation should be up to A3 levels (vegetation, animals, diving); albeit just an equivalent of Stratis is used.

My current plan is to focus next on weapons, broken vehicle sounds and buggy effects, as well as to sort other smaller issues reported by you guys.

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

@kju

great, thanks for info. Is it possible to trim down the too bright & shiny lighting on chernarus? The only lighting conditions I like is set the weather slider to 55%.

I'd rather see people remake the units (separate out the gear and the helmets) as A3 compatible.

Which would be better served by leaving the original classes intact so they can be targeted for such updates and legacy missions will benefit in the process (but still continue to function in the meantime).