Sign in to follow this  
NordKindchen

elaboration about how to improve effects

Nice example of Abrams and Bradley shooting.

Basically they shoot at a house like on a firing range. So I really dont hink its explicit material.

Some AT shooting range stuff

Edited by NordKindchen

Here's some interesting stuff that that was made for arma 2 but was never released (I think). Perhaps not very realistic looking, but it still shows whats possible.

Well RealTimeImmersive died silently - because noone wanted it but yes some effects are well done

Where do you get your info man? :confused:

RealTime Immersive is like an hour from my house! They are very much "alive", and active lol! ;) :rolleyes:

It's a shame they don't do "commercial" games, because their work was great. ;)

Drive there and ask them was they have sold lately...

nice thread. looking forward to your next update. i'm particularity interested in the explosions. since ofp they all somehow look like strange deflagration and not like real explosions.

keep up the good work!

*edit* Just played around with the latest version and explosions are better, than i remembered them. Still not perfect though.

by the way: when looking for "target" examples for your front post, perhaps have a look at videos from the warfx blastcore mod. especially explosions were better (more realistic) than in any other game i know...

Edited by twistking

I think bullets kicking off particles / dust is, again, very conservative; whether being shot against stone wall or into the ground they seem to be too subtle. Would like to see more improvement there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL2nl1FbbFc

1:30

Even these explosions in Arma 2 look better than the current ones in Arma 3........

I don't think the video mentions it but it looks like the guy is running one of the versions of Blastcore by Opticalsnare, biggest give away other than the debris and sparks is the vanishing smoke caused but the added particles from the mod hitting the game's particle limit, which in this video might be related to the user's video config, but i'm not all that knowledgeable on that subject, just recalling the issue from a prior post by opticalsnare.

Edited by Steakslim

Yeah, he's using blastcore in this video. He says so in the video description.

oops, didn't read the description all the way.

Of course its a mod hes running;)

Still - what I wanted to point out with it is that ARma 2s effects with mods look better than Arma3 vanilla. Thats shouldnt be the case=/

Greetz