Sign in to follow this  
Feint

MH-9 Door Control

Hey, I can't get this to work in the Beta. Halp?

Its because the class names have changed for the helicopters. To fix it open the mission.sqm. Do a 'replace all' of

A3_Air_F_MH9 with BH_EXT

and

B_MH9_F with B_Heli_Light_01_F

That should fix it

Its because the class names have changed for the helicopters. To fix it open the mission.sqm. Do a 'replace all' of

A3_Air_F_MH9 with BH_EXT

and

That should fix it

Thanks bud

@Fient is it ok if I modify your script to open the Ifrit doors and the Ghosthawk doors?

Is it also possible to add doors to the AH-9? Maybe just the front doors?

yea you can add doors to the AH-9 but it looks weird.

@Fient is it ok if I modify your script to open the Ifrit doors and the Ghosthawk doors?

Sure, that's fine.

---------- Post added at 17:01 ---------- Previous post was at 16:59 ----------

Hey, I can't get this to work in the Beta. Halp?

A3_Air_F_MH9 with BH_EXT

and

That should fix it

Thanks for the assist, pomigit.

---------- Post added at 17:02 ---------- Previous post was at 17:01 ----------

Have you seen the script by BlenderRus Feint that allows get in actions from above? Thought about that using your neat scripts ?

I have. Yeah, good stuff. I'll take a look at it.

Feint, really like the look of these and would like to use them in a mission I am making, however nothing appears to be working now? is there an update that has broken it or am I being thick?

Edit: Never mind I just went on your YouTube channel and found that you've answered same question on there. They have removed the models from the game :(

Edited by P_Siddy

Yeah, there's a support ticket in place that's had a lot of input from the community, but it looks like BI isn't going to budge at the moment. However, the new helicopter module might bring back doors. Who knows. I still have the old models from the previous version of Arma that I grabbed and stored separately so they wouldn't be overwritten by the auto updates from Steam. But I'm not sure I can use the model without permission.

Yeah, there's a support ticket in place that's had a lot of input from the community, but it looks like BI isn't going to budge at the moment. However, the new helicopter module might bring back doors. Who knows. I still have the old models from the previous version of Arma that I grabbed and stored separately so they wouldn't be overwritten by the auto updates from Steam. But I'm not sure I can use the model without permission.

Its a shame, especially things like the FLIR pods and doors, Surely they must be coming back to give NATO same capability as AAF. Which will hopefully see the Orca get the same as well.

Where's the ticket i'll up vote as well.

Up Voted! makes no sense why they would remove a model? unless they're putting it in the DLC and charging for it?

You got my vote too. It's a shame that they have removed the models.

The more I think about it the more I think someone somewhere has gone "Quick remove all the good features from the MH9 and we'll stick them in with the DLC"

Voted. I loved the ability to make a nice civilian variant from the littlebird with animate commands, I hope they bring it back.

If they are planning of putting it in the DLC they won't, if not they have no reason not to in my opinion

Well, seeing as these doors were an accidental pass over from Take On Helicopters, and they never meant to have them in the first place, it makes sense to take them out on BIS's part. Not only that, but, i can even see parts of Seattle in the reflection. HOWEVER, i think it's fair, that they fix the reflection on the doors, and release the door models for the Civilian faction since they screwed up and now allot of people are disappointed. It would surely make allot of people happy, and save the stress that would occur, if they were to say... re appear in the Helicopters DLC which was stated to only provide 2 more helicopters and some new engine features (along with ropes/shooting form vehicles). Would be mis-leading if some doors and FLIR pods were to magically show up as paid content as well. :j:

I have a feeling the 2 new helicopters will be scout variants for NATO and for CSAT to balance out the capability of the Wildcat. Which is what makes me think the Doors and FLIR pod will return. I wasn't aware of the porting issues from TOH, but how hard can it be to replace the windows of the model? Im no mod maker but... really?

Either scout variant OR bigger transport helicopter like modified chinook