Sign in to follow this  
Baldman

Am I the only one experiencing intermittent freezes?

I've been all over google for the last few hours looking for someone else experiencing the same problem and can't find any.

Problem is, Every minute or two ARMA3 completely locks up then unfreezes about 30-45 seconds later. I've tried re-installing video drivers to no avail, problem only cropped up recently with no changes to my system.

The ONLY thing that changed was installing ARMA3 (through Steam) onto a new SSD using the install path change inside of steam.

System is as follows:

ASRock Z77 Extreme 4

Intel Core-i7 3770K OC to 4ghz

16gb RAM

Gigabyte HD 7950

Steam installed on a HDD along with all other games, ARMA3 installed on seperate SSD using Steams built in directory change during install.

Performance otherwise is brilliant, always 60+fps.

Happens for several in our team as well from time to time.

Probably some arma engine issue they introduced with the first stable update.

;2366983']Happens for several in our team as well from time to time.

Probably some arma engine issue they introduced with the first stable update.

Good to hear I'm not the only one, I guess I just don't get to ARMA until they get it ironed out.

Don't know if it helps but I also use TrackIR 5.

Sounds like the signature verification bug, check if the servers you play on are running that, if yes that's the cause :)

At the minute there is no script kiddie protection and all server admins have is verify signatures, It causes lag now and then but affects Sata disks more than SSD

It is listed in the next stable release as fixed :) until then the choice is random lag or a server full of scripters

Sounds like the signature verification bug, check if the servers you play on are running that, if yes that's the cause :)

At the minute there is no script kiddie protection and all server admins have is verify signatures, It causes lag now and then but affects Sata disks more than SSD

It is listed in the next stable release as fixed :) until then the choice is random lag or a server full of scripters

Any word on when next release is due?

By your wording, I'm assuming 99% of servers run it?

Far from actually, people just havent activated the sig check on a while lot of servers yet.

But its getting there :)

I have no idea but i've heard it's fixed in the Dev build, try it and see if you get smooth play

I also have it enabled on my server, It can be annoying but when we removed it all we got was script kiddies :( random lag or scripters is the choice

I have no idea but i've heard it's fixed in the Dev build, try it and see if you get smooth play

I also have it enabled on my server, It can be annoying but when we removed it all we got was script kiddies :( random lag or scripters is the choice

Tried the dev build, it has definitely improved, the pauses are a bit shorter and longer time in between but it still hasn't gone.

could it be related to water/sea? it seemed to happen more frequent in missions near it

Tried the dev build, it has definitely improved, the pauses are a bit shorter and longer time in between but it still hasn't gone.

At least you have some improvement :) That means the Dev team know about it and it will eventully be fixed.

;2367602']could it be related to water/sea? it seemed to happen more frequent in missions near it

It's been confirmed that it's caused by the verifysignature checks, I can't find the link that confirms it though sorry.

It's a shame that we have to protect ourselves from the mindless idiots who go out their way to annoy others, It would be nice if we could get hold of a few and give them a good kicking.

Not sure if this is the same thing, but with the latest dev build I've been having a lot worse performance and this almost frame lag/freeze/rubberbanding effect. I've tried different parts of the island and it's the same irregardless of location. I'll try to see if I can find what's causing it. I think it might be AI related because I tried an empty editor mission with just me placed in Agia Marina and didn't seem to have the frame lag/rubberbanding thing going on, but the performance was still bad. When I put AI into the mission though, even without a waypoint just a AI group placed on the map, the rubberbanding/frame lag happens and it's very pronounced.